• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

My Dead Body
10pm, Channel 4

"She just wanted to leave something behind." These are the simple, heartbreaking words of Toni Crews's mum, Jo, as she discusses her daughter's decision to allow her body to be publicly dissected after her death from cancer in 2020. Thanks to AI voice technology and extracts from her social media posts, Toni's personality comes across throughout the film: it's clear that her desire to advance the cause of medicine drove her to this decision, and the team responsible for the dissection are anxious to honour her memory.

Just finished Wednesday, so damn good
I imagine they will, because of the immense success it was, but I really do hope they do a season 2

Just finished Wednesday, so damn good
I imagine they will, because of the immense success it was, but I really do hope they do a season 2
It absolutely will. It's one of those shows that Netflix releases once twice a year that turns it's actors into stars and goes viral.

turns it's actors into stars
The girl who plays Wednesday gained over 10m instagram followers in the week after the show released - genuinely mad
I didn't realise she was a child/Disney star - Have only seen her in Season 2 of "You", but she was very good in that as well

It absolutely will. It's one of those shows that Netflix releases once twice a year that turns it's actors into stars and goes viral.
Just to say none of this guaranteed with Netflix something could be a massive hit from our perspective and it doesn't get renewed.

Sandman was a critical and public success and it took months for them to agree to season 2. Gaiman had to push the point a lot because people were savouring it and giving it time rather than binging it.

Have to say as the last couple of years have gone I've grown to detest Netflix just releasing it style. Sandman was probably my favourite thing to get released so far but we watched that over a couple of week. But I much preferred the one episode a week format that the two shows that came close (Strange New Worlds and Andor).

Just to say none of this guaranteed with Netflix something could be a massive hit from our perspective and it doesn't get renewed.
A good point - especially if Ortega gets tapped up by Hollywood off of the back of the success

I can't remember which Netflix show it was but they had to basically bin it (or severely delay followup seasons) because all the actors were getting picked up by movies and they couldn't get schedules to align

A good point - especially if Ortega gets tapped up by Hollywood off of the back of the success

I can't remember which Netflix show it was but they had to basically bin it (or severely delay followup seasons) because all the actors were getting picked up by movies and they couldn't get schedules to align
Yeah they kinda ****** up with Cavill and The Witcher for similar reasons.

Yeah they kinda ****** up with Cavill and The Witcher for similar reasons.
I thought that was more that Cavill was a huge fan of the books, and the showrighters... weren't; and they called Cavill's bluff in the power struggle.

Sandman was a critical and public success and it took months for them to agree to season 2. Gaiman had to push the point a lot because people were savouring it and giving it time rather than binging it.

Have to say as the last couple of years have gone I've grown to detest Netflix just releasing it style. Sandman was probably my favourite thing to get released so far but we watched that over a couple of week. But I much preferred the one episode a week format that the two shows that came close (Strange New Worlds and Andor).
Was The Sandman successful in terms of viewing numbers? Is quite an arty type of project for it to get crazy numbers imo. Your Wednesdays and what not will cater for more mainstream audiences I'd imagine.

One of the best things Netflix has done, imo, was the Mindhunter series which was partly created by David Fincher and was incredible TV but was canned after 2 seasons as I don't think the numbers really stacked up. A lot of it was men sitting down talking for large parts of it so can understand the lack in viewing numbers.

One of the best things Netflix has done, imo, was the Mindhunter series which was partly created by David Fincher and was incredible TV but was canned after 2 seasons as I don't think the numbers really stacked up. A lot of it was men sitting down talking for large parts of it so can understand the lack in viewing numbers.
This is a really common misconception. People love to **** on Netflix for cancelling Mindhunter but it was actually Fincher who chose not to continue with it.

This is a really common misconception. People love to **** on Netflix for cancelling Mindhunter but it was actually Fincher who chose not to continue with it.
I thought it was a mutual thing. I did hear Fincher put a stop to it as he had other things on the go but I also read that numbers weren't great, especially for season 2. Who knows, you'd think a heavyweight like Fincher would have some sway of Netflix but only they will know.

The only person I know where a network has said, do whatever you want we don't care about viewing numbers is HBO and David Simon which is why David Simon is the GOAT.

I thought that was more that Cavill was a huge fan of the books, and the showrighters... weren't; and they called Cavill's bluff in the power struggle.
That's the rumour but as far as I can tell that's more the fans theory than anything concrete behind it. The only evidence is pre season 2 Cavil was trying to convince them to write Geralt more like the books and by all account in interviews he was happy they did for Season 2 but he's said said along those lines since.

I mean it could be true but I suspect it had far more to do Warner Bros. come with a boat load of Superman cash and he'd rather be a movie star than cult TV start.

I started to watch Wednesday (currently on episode 4) because of Tim Burton and mentions about E.A. Poe (loved Poe when I was a child/teenager). I don't know... it's more like teenage series for girls with a "gothic shade" to be honest. I'm pretty disappointed,was expected much more . But will continue to watch, maybe will be better

The girl who plays Wednesday gained over 10m instagram followers in the week after the show released - genuinely mad
I didn't realise she was a child/Disney star - Have only seen her in Season 2 of "You", but she was very good in that as well
What is Wednesday about? Just seen a trailer but not quite sure. Looks good though ill be giving it a shot after Andor.

What is Wednesday about? Just seen a trailer but not quite sure. Looks good though ill be giving it a shot after Andor.
Wednesday Addams gets sent to a boarding school of other "outsiders", bit of murder mystery, bit of dark comedy
If you've seen the Addams Family films from the 90s it's a similar kind of feeling to that, but a bit less outright-comedy

I think you'll know if you'll like it or not after an episode or two

I'm looking forward to the annual Army vs Navy college football game in Philadelphia this coming Saturday, December 10th at Noon (eastern time) on CBS. 🏈

1670392494794.png

Last edited:

Latest posts