• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Do the Air Force not have the same ability?
The Army vs Navy game is about tradition, going back to 1890, before the Air Force became a separate branch of the military in 1947. Prior to that the Air Force was part of the Army. But Air Force does play Army and Navy each season and usually beats them both. Air Force has a bowl game vs Baylor on Dec. 22nd. 🏈

Last edited:
I streamed the first episode of Wallander last night on Brit Box and it was very good. I didn't know about it during its original run, so better late than never. :)

1670431900144.png

Last edited:
I'm watching Shantaram, currently on episode 6. Haven't read the book,but absolutely love these series! Maybe not that dynamic,but very interesting,rich in ideas and colours, main actor's work is impressive.

I just finished streaming the first season of SCREW on BritBox. The series follows two prison officers and their colleagues, working in C-Wing of Long Marsh Men's Prison. It started off slow but turned out to be pretty good. So I'm looking forward to season two. Or as you say in Britain, series two. 👍

The White Lotus Series 2 is a cracking mini series set in Sicily. Top class cast and superb script.
Catch Series 1 first, set in Hawaii. Different cast but again a great script. It's on Amazon Prime video and Sky Atlantic in the UK.

Looks like Henry Cavil got absolutely shafted.

Shame. He was a good Superman. At least he lasted longer than Routh. For me the definitive Superman will always be Reeve.

I wonder if Cavil will then be considered for Bond? He lost out to him before Craig. Just depends which direction they want to take the Franchise.

I started to watch Wednesday (currently on episode 4) because of Tim Burton and mentions about E.A. Poe (loved Poe when I was a child/teenager). I don't know... it's more like teenage series for girls with a "gothic shade" to be honest. I'm pretty disappointed,was expected much more . But will continue to watch, maybe will be better
I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed. Me and the good Mrs Tallshort are saving it for a binge watch over Christmas

I've been binge streaming BritBox for the past couple of weeks and found another gem. 👍

1671177556516.png

I'm now streaming The Curse on BritBox. It's retro, it's quirky, it's funny and it's very good. 👊

1671338653832.png

Last edited:
Andor is great TV. Really hit its stride now. Only got 3 episodes left but have a feeling it's going to end well. For me, film wise, Rogue One was the best thing Disney have done but TV wise I'd say Andor takes the top prize even though I liked The Madolorain and Book of Fett.

Arguably the two best BBC dramas of all time being repeated in the next few weeks.

(excellent adaptation of the even better book(s). I've less than zero interest in the court of Henry VIII but a good yarn is a good yarn and this is pretty accessible and wiht great acting)

(speaking of great acting, Alec Guiness in a series focussing on the mental aspect of spy games. Requires concentration. I've just seen a documentary on Guinness, he grew up dirt poor and moved house on an almost weekly basis. Incredible he reached the top of the acting world. ).

I'm now streaming this series on BritBox, and it's a good one.

1671661960663.png

Andor is great TV. Really hit its stride now. Only got 3 episodes left but have a feeling it's going to end well. For me, film wise, Rogue One was the best thing Disney have done but TV wise I'd say Andor takes the top prize even though I liked The Madolorain and Book of Fett.
I've become a big fan of the Andor series. Not sure if it makes me hate that I know where it's going, or savor every minute of it. Show hasn't done that in a long while.

I heard a rumor they may do something at the Star Wars Hotel in Disney World, but I saw the price of it for 2 nights...and just laughed it off. It's pricey!

I've become a big fan of the Andor series. Not sure if it makes me hate that I know where it's going, or savor every minute of it. Show hasn't done that in a long while.

I heard a rumor they may do something at the Star Wars Hotel in Disney World, but I saw the price of it for 2 nights...and just laughed it off. It's pricey!
I bet.

I think that's a sign of a good or prequel, that it keeps you invested even though you know how it roughly pans out which is one the reasons I rate better call Saul too.

Not great, but it's pretty good. Good enough to recommend. I streamed it on BritBox, and it consists of 8 half hour episodes.

1671870466637.png

Becoming Champ10ns on Netflix, about each of the 8 countries who have won the World Cup. Very good. So far on Brazil, but have Argentina, Spain, France and Uruguay to go.

Hope they do one for Rugby.

Latest posts