• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Andor is better than Cobra Kia? Not me smoking crack
I honestly don't know what to say if you think Karate Kid is good. No wrong answers obviously but it's total trash. Terrible acting, writing, character development. No redeeming features other than tapping onto nostalgia

I honestly don't know what to say if you think Karate Kid is good. No wrong answers obviously but it's total trash. Terrible acting, writing, character development. No redeeming features other than tapping onto nostalgia
Have you watched Cobra Kia? Also the fact it's a much bigger success both culturally and commercially than Andor, Book of Boba, Mandalorian put together might suggest you are wrong.

Have you watched Cobra Kia? Also the fact it's a much bigger success both culturally and commercially than Andor, Book of Boba, Mandalorian put together might suggest you are wrong.
I suffered through half of the first season but I value the remaining 2 brain cells I have left so stopped. It's not even one of those shows that's so bad it's good. It's just bad.

Genuinely never met anyone who doesn't think Cobra Kai is great, tbf

8.3 on Metacritic vs 6.3 for Kenobi
Andor also has an 8.3, Book of Fett has a 5.3, Mandalorian 8.5
I tend to ignore the peasants as they're usually wrong unless they agree with me in which case they're right.

I suffered through half of the first season but I value the remaining 2 brain cells I have left so stopped. It's not even one of those shows that's so bad it's good. It's just bad.
It's always good to expound, with confidence, on something you specifically refuse to know about.

Dislike it and quit - that's fine; but pretending you then know about it, is... something...

Early Cobra Kai is a bit different to later tbf - it started out as a Youtube Original (back when those were a thing!) and then Netflix bought it out after Season....two?

I still loved Season 1/2 though

It's always good to expound, with confidence, on something you specifically refuse to know about.

Dislike it and quit - that's fine; but pretending you then know about it, is... something...
I mean, come on. Kobra ******* Kai is not some deep, profound complex show or nothing. A handful of episodes is more than enough to get a feel for what kind of show it is.

Look, it's a bit of fun and we all like different **** but I think the people who like it like it because it reminds them of their childhood (something Star Wars definitely relies on too) and that's it. It's not marketed like that and that's fine. They know it's corny, cheesy rubbish but they enjoy it coz it's harmless, thoughtless ****.

Definitely enjoyed Cobra Kai more than any Disney show. Like I said I enjoy Mandalorian and Andor but Book of Boba Fett and Kenobi were joyless experiences for me and in general I don't really care about Star Wars anymore.

I've not seen Cobra Kai but considering Andor was a 10/10 show I struggle to think how it would be better. That said with Star Wars they've been a bit of over the place Mandalorian is solid as was Rogue One and TFA. TLJ I loved but was incredibly polarising and they **** the bed with episode 9 and Book of Boba Fett (except when it was Mando 2.5). Solo was a middling affair as was Kenobi. I don't watch the animated shows.

Marvel they've just lacked a unifying vision and completely misstepped the multi-verse in Phase 4. Wanadvision and Ms. Marvel were great shows everything else has been okay. Same with their films they've been alright (still have high hopes GOTG3 but that been under one vision from the start) and I really like the Wandavision finale sorry Multiverse of Madness and Shang-Chi. Really suffering mainly from lets make x film about y character rather than having something to really do with it. I'd like to see people pitch Feige with what they want to do rather than just making another Thor film because Chris Hemsworth is still happy making films. Ms. Marvel is the only thing that come off as someone wanting to tell a particular story than they felt like making something. I think the fact they took forever to come up with what was the Phase 4 slate but announced all the films and shows before they had clear plans was the mistake. Phase 5 might more sense although heard mixed things about Quantumania shall be watching it tonight.

Still expected out from any production company some hits and alot of misses. Netflix has tons look how many shows they launch and ditch a year.

Look, it's a bit of fun and we all like different **** but I think the people who like it like it because it reminds them of their childhood (something Star Wars definitely relies on too) and that's it. It's not marketed like that and that's fine. They know it's corny, cheesy rubbish but they enjoy it coz it's harmless, thoughtless ****.
I had never seen Karate Kid before watching Cobra Kai and I still loved it. I can absolutely see why it's not everyone's cup of tea though.

I mean, come on. Kobra ******* Kai is not some deep, profound complex show or nothing. A handful of episodes is more than enough to get a feel for what kind of show it is.
I'm not claiming it as great, high brow TV; but...
You've watched 5(ish) episodes out of 50

By Star Wars equivalence (so about 2 hours in), they're just starting the first trench run on the Death Star.
By LOTR (EE) equivalence (so about 70 minutes in), they're just leaving Bree with Aragorn.
By Harry Potter equivalence (so about 2 hours in), they've just got back from the forbidden forest where Quirrell / LV was drinking unicorn blood.

Anyone expounding on those franchises having left at those points, doesn't know what they're talking about yet; beyond "I didn't like it" (which is entirely fair and valid)

And come on, talking about a lack of character development, having seen half of 1 season...
If you're comparing to the films - then, it shows you weren't actually watching those 5 episodes (maybe on in the background); and if you're comparing within the season, shows that you weren't paying too much attention to the season, AND left before you could viably expect anything in the way of character development.

Last edited:
I'm not claiming it as great, high brow TV; but...
You've watched 5(ish) episodes out of 50

By LOTR (EE) equivalence (so about 70 minutes in), they're just leaving Bree with Aragorn.
By Star Wars equivalence (so about 2 hours in), they're just starting the first trench run on the Death Star.

Anyone expounding on those franchises having left at those points, doesn't know what they're talking about yet; beyond "I didn't like it" (which is entirely fair and valid)

And come on, talking about a lack of character development, having seen half of 1 season...
If you're comparing to the films - then, it shows you weren't actually watching those 5 episodes (maybe on in the background); and if you're comparing within the season, shows that you weren't paying too much attention to the season, AND left before you could viably expect anything in the way of character development.
Nah. I know enough. You're going on like it's the Wire or Sopranos something. It's trash. It requires zero brain cells to watch. It is in no way a thought provoking show that is terribly acted and written. I'm amazed I got through as much as I did.

Nah. I know enough. You're going on like it's the Wire or Sopranos something.
Only if you ignore the words I've used.

The only words I've actually used about the show are "I'm not claiming it as great, high brow TV"

Only if you ignore the words I've used.

The only words I've actually used about the show are "I'm not claiming it as great, high brow TV"
Exactly, it's low brow commercial rubbish so therefore puts little to no emphasis on character development, writing and acting and relies heavily on nostalgia and plot/action though clearly there's people out there that never watched Karate Kid who like it. There's nothing wrong with that obviously. No one wants to watch high brow **** all the time and there's obviously a time and place for stuff like Kobra Kai. Maybe I specifically hated it as I LOVED the karate kid as a kid and I just didn't get the clamouring arohnd it when it came out but maybe my expectations were too high.

Again, you haven't actually watched it, so your opinion beyond "I don't like it" isn't valid.

Repetition is boring though.

Let me know how good any given rugby match is,m next time you have to leave the house after 8 minutes of play.

Again, you haven't actually watched it, so your opinion beyond "I don't like it" isn't valid.

Repetition is boring though.

Let me know how good any given rugby match is,m next time you have to leave the house after 8 minutes of play.
I rate Kobra Kai on the same level as the Teletubbies mate. Do I need to watch all those seasons before I can form an opinion of it.

Actually, come to think about it, I actually think I watched the whole first season coz it was doing that whole "who's the real bad guy" thing.

Latest posts