• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad) is back! đź‘Ť

He has a brand new series called LUCKY HANK on AMC and AMC+ which begins tomorrow night, Sunday March 19th.

https://www.amc.com/shows/lucky-hank--1061358

I saw episode one of LUCKY HANK earlier tonight and enjoyed it very much. Odenkirk delivered, as I knew he would. :cool:

16hank-review-jumbo.jpg

You - Season 4

Like a lot of surprise successes it had a superb first season then each one after has gotten a little sillier
Season 4 definitely the silliest yet (i.e. far more unbelievable moments that take you out of your immersion) but I still enjoyed it

Anyone watched Vikings?
I watched season one over the last week or so and thought it was....OK
Does it get better from there, or if I'm not fully on board is it best to move on?

Anyone watched Vikings?
I watched season one over the last week or so and thought it was....OK
Does it get better from there, or if I'm not fully on board is it best to move on?
I think it gets a little better but then rapidly goes downhill imo. The last kingdom is a better series from that era.

The last kingdom is a better series from that era.
Funnily enough I started re-reading the Saxon Tales series (that Last Kingdom is based on) and that's why I watched The Northman and started Vikings
I watched the first season of last kingdom when it was first on TV but remember nothing about it - was planning of watching it all after I finished the books, but might start it now after all

Funnily enough I started re-reading the Saxon Tales series (that Last Kingdom is based on) and that's why I watched The Northman and started Vikings
I watched the first season of last kingdom when it was first on TV but remember nothing about it - was planning of watching it all after I finished the books, but might start it now after all
The Last Kingdom is really good and the film is out in a couple of weeks on Netflix

The Saxon tales are brilliant. Motivated me to find out so much more about the so called dark ages and Alfred the Great's line, especially his daughter. I have watched most of the last kingdom and have enjoyed them although it's only loosely based on the books (like Sharpe) looking forward to the film

The Saxon tales are brilliant. Motivated me to find out so much more about the so called dark ages and Alfred the Great's line, especially his daughter. I have watched most of the last kingdom and have enjoyed them although it's only loosely based on the books (like Sharpe) looking forward to the film
Very much the same with me - I live partway between Lichfield and Tamworth, so while we learned about Lichfield's involvement in the civil war at school I had no idea of it (and, to a greater extent Tamworth)'s role in the Viking-ivasion era
Really fascinating stuff

Very much the same with me - I live partway between Lichfield and Tamworth, so while we learned about Lichfield's involvement in the civil war at school I had no idea of it (and, to a greater extent Tamworth)'s role in the Viking-ivasion era
Really fascinating stuff
Do you really? I live in four oaks. You are a stones throw away. Any injuries from flying projectiles in the last 6 months are pure coincidence. (I'm not part of rich four oaks, I'm pleb four oaks)

I was gonna say - a friend of mine went to Bishops Vesey for sixth form so we used to hang around four oaks a bit back in the day and it was a ffaannccyy round there
Oh I definitely see how the 1% live just down the road from me. At the same time, they live on a private road, which seems great until you realise the builders just use it as an excuse to cut corners so all the construction there is shite. As a civil engineer, I walk through there and see amazing houses with absolutely crap main roads. There's also nowhere in Mere Green that shows major rugby events, which is disappointing. I'd even give the Spoons my money if they had the internationals but nope.

Redoing the books as a series?

Hmmmmm,
While there were a number of things from the books I would've liked to have seen in the movies surely it's far too close to the movie series for a reboot already?

Hmmmmm,
While there were a number of things from the books I would've liked to have seen in the movies surely it's far too close to the movie series for a reboot already?
It's been over 10 years hasn't it? That's almost nothing in terms of the Hollywood cycle.

I'm not the biggest fan of rebooting it though. I kind of like the finality of the movies and just wish IP would stop getting milked.

Hmmmmm,
Personally I always thought they'd leave it at least 20 years after the last one, but close enough. Also thought an animated series or CGI one would work and also be different enough.

I do like a tv series though to go in more depth. Like as much as I loved the HB Prince movie it really did cut out a lot of V's backstory - his parents/grandfather.

Will be tough for the new cast. I thought barring one or two the casting in the original films was nigh on spot on.

Rewatched seasons 1-5 of Snowfall on Disney+ and just finished watching the 6th and final season

Really great show - did have a few wobbles in the later seasons (as a lot of shows do) but overall think it's very good and seasons 1-3 are superb,
The finale was solid (which is more than you can say for a lot of shows)

Latest posts