• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

How much have you watched so far? I'd say give it until episode 6. If that doesn't get you hooked then it's probably not for you.
Done the first season. It's weird. I don't know if I even like it or not. Don't know what to make of it. I know you're meant to hate the characters as they're all despicable but as I said other shows similar in that regard made sure their characters had other redeeming features but I admire the shows creators for making a show that you kind of hate watch in a way. Writing is decent and Cox is good, some of the characters are interesting but it's not on the same planet as The Sopranos from a writing, directing, acting point of view but then there's only one show that is imo and that's the best TV show ever made, The Wire.

Just finished the final season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon prime video and it is a brilliant show.

Just finished rewatching Breaking Bad, really is the best show I've ever seen

Need to watch Sopranos and Succession to compare them (neither are on a steaming service I have and I'm too lazy to pirate), but for me it's the best show ever made

Definitely the most complete show for me, especially after they ruined GOT. Yes, there's the fly episode which there was a reason for that one and the cut down first season but for me it really is a masterpiece.

Definitely the most complete show for me, especially after they ruined GOT. Yes, there's the fly episode which there was a reason for that one and the cut down first season but for me it really is a masterpiece.
I actually quite liked the fly episode this time round/it didn't feel like it stuck out so much - first time round it felt like an unwelcome break to the story but it's a good insight into Walt's mindset at the time

It's crazy knowing all the extra tidbits now, like how Jesse wasn't meant to make it past season 1, and Mike wasn't going to be a big character but they wrote him in cause the guy who plays Saul was double booked so couldn't shoot as many days as they wanted, and then everyone loved Mike so much they kept him on/increased his story

Yeh I didn't mind the fly episode either but a lot of others I read trashed the series because of it or didn't bother watching past season 1 or 2. I thought that's when it gets epic.

Better call Saul is also pretty good
That's actually what triggered my BB rewatch, I watched all of that just after the final season aired

Really loved it, and watching BB after you don't realise how many bit part characters are in both or throw away lines in BB that were full storylines in BCS etc

Vince Gilligan is a genius

Started on the new series of Black Mirror,
Two episodes in and enjoyed them both - 2nd one my favourite so far

It doesn't really feel like black mirror tbh, but if you go into it viewing it as "just" an anthology series/collection of short stories with solid casts and high production values it's really good

Has anyone watched mad men? I've heard good things and been tempted but never got round to watching it. Also there was a series on Prime that has unfortunately been removed and is now a rip off called "turn" which was very good.

Has anyone watched mad men? I've heard good things and been tempted but never got round to watching it. Also there was a series on Prime that has unfortunately been removed and is now a rip off called "turn" which was very good.
I've watched it it all, the earlier seasons were far better than the later ones. But I loved it.

Loved mad men. can't bring myself to watch again it was so perfect first time through.

We are on season 2 of madmen and loving it so far. Would be further along if it wasn't for love island being on every night which the wife watches and I definitely do not at all, like ever watch even a little bit when it's on the tv and may or may comment on all the people.

Come on guys. BB isn't even as good as Better Call Saul and not in the same league as The Wire or Sopranos. Good show though. It would make my top 10.

Succession definitely gets funnier as it goes on which makes it a lot more watchable. I think if I was told it was a dark comedy that wasn't that funny in the first season or 2 I would've enjoyed it a bit more initially.

Latest posts