• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Im curious about what aussies and nzers would recommend. Not just from this year but from the last, say, 5 years. I've watched some phenomenal Aussie shows (Rake comes to mind) but most of them fly under the radar. Same with our french posters. Any recommendations?

Gangs of London is brutal

Good show but be prepared for rreeaallyy OTT violence and gore

Gangs of London is brutal

Good show but be prepared for rreeaallyy OTT violence and gore

I'm a big fan of Gareth Evans work on the Raid movies (really wish he'd gotten to do his Deathstroke movie) so was really enjoying the first four or five episodes, most of which he personally directed but I felt the quality fell off as it went in, especially as there was a lot less of the action.

Really enjoying Last Dance. Not a clue on all things basketball to be honest, I've watched a few college games and maybe three full NBA games, but so well made, and the sheer amount of beefs and subplots between teams and players because they play so many games is great TV. Also just the mindset of Jordan is so interesting. He's so insanely competitive he makes stuff up about opponents to get himself motivated. The fact he held it together for the entire doc, including the bit about his father (where he was clearly very emotional and upset), but then starts crying when they talk about how competitive he was and how hard he pushed his teammates says so much about him I think. Also liked their profiling of Pippen, Rodman, Kucoc. Basketball really has some interesting characters (and massive egos)
The only criticism I have is that the jumping around in timelines is engaging, but can be really confusing for me as someone who doesn't know the story that well at all. Like they jump from the second threepeat to the first one and then back and I'm so confused for a few minutes.

Really enjoying Last Dance. Not a clue on all things basketball to be honest, I've watched a few college games and maybe three full NBA games, but so well made, and the sheer amount of beefs and subplots between teams and players because they play so many games is great TV. Also just the mindset of Jordan is so interesting. He's so insanely competitive he makes stuff up about opponents to get himself motivated. The fact he held it together for the entire doc, including the bit about his father (where he was clearly very emotional and upset), but then starts crying when they talk about how competitive he was and how hard he pushed his teammates says so much about him I think. Also liked their profiling of Pippen, Rodman, Kucoc. Basketball really has some interesting characters (and massive egos)
The only criticism I have is that the jumping around in timelines is engaging, but can be really confusing for me as someone who doesn't know the story that well at all. Like they jump from the second threepeat to the first one and then back and I'm so confused for a few minutes.
I like all the jumping but it good as Jordan comes across as a nice guys in one way who was just driven but in another way he seems to be a right dick.
Pippen seems to be a prick too where as Rodman and Kucoc seem to be nice guys.

I was a big fan of basketball around the time of the second three-peat, so I know enough not to get confused, but it has struck me as weird / annoying. I suppose this was always going to be necessary in order to tell other player's stories almost entirely within a single episode.

I like all the jumping but it good as Jordan comes across as a nice guys in one way who was just driven but in another way he seems to be a right dick.
Pippen seems to be a prick too where as Rodman and Kucoc seem to be nice guys.

Super high achievers are always going to have people throwing stones at them, but over the years I'd heard enough stories about him being a dick that I expected not to like him. His demenour on camera has improved my opinion of him. Saying that, as someone who never saw him play live, watching this has opened my eyes to just how good Isiah Thomas was , which makes Jordan's role in him missing out on the Dream Team harder to make my peace with.

Pippen has awlays struck me as a sullen individual and this did nothing to change my opinion. I wonder if the documentary makers majored on how hard done by he was as it fitted with his demenour, I imagine many will take a more sympathetic view of him given the sob story. I agree that Rodman came out of it very well too. I'm watching episode 7 while I type this, so can't comment on Kukoc. I don't know what we have yet to come, but I hope there's plenty more on the upporting cast. It seems weird that there hasn't been any mention of the four headed monster, with only the odd comment from Bill Wennington featuring (who seems like a super nice guy). In an era with so many superstar centres, the approach of having four big bodies (a bit unfair to Luc Longley) and 24 fouls surely merits note if only for how it enabled them to deal with the Magic.

Im curious about what aussies and nzers would recommend. Not just from this year but from the last, say, 5 years. I've watched some phenomenal Aussie shows (Rake comes to mind) but most of them fly under the radar. Same with our french posters. Any recommendations?

Home and away, Neighbours.

Anyone who's enjoyed The Last Dance, watch a few episodes of NBA Open Court on YouTube.

I don't think I've ever heard a positive thing about Jordan off the court.

While I understand people who are great at one thing usually aren't well rounded individuals, there are plenty of great sportsmen who aren't complete assholes.

I have no interest in watching a 10 hour Jordan brand commercial.

I don't think I've ever heard a positive thing about Jordan off the court.

While I understand people who are great at one thing usually aren't well rounded individuals, there are plenty of great sportsmen who aren't complete assholes.

I have no interest in watching a 10 hour Jordan brand commercial.
The thing is it isn't really a Jordan brand commercial. They do show him to be a dick. Like the lads name escapes me but he was a back up and Jordan was a dick to him full stop. Even the treatment of Toni Kukoc at the Olympics was terrible.

@RedruthRFC I 100% agree on Isiah Thomas. Have seen a lot of clip from NBA Network as he is on there constantly. He seems like a nice guy who was just in a team who had a mentality of being physical and it worked. Rodman said as much. They were out to bully and stretch rules to limit. They did it as a team. Compare that with Jordan being upset when the triangle first came as it was not all about him or Pippen refusing to play the last play when he wasn't the one to take a shot in a past game.

Also does MJ have a drink issue as well as gambling. He started off never drinking but when he is being interviewed his eyes always look red and it seems to never be a beer in his hand but hard stuff eg Brandy or Whiskey.

Also does MJ have a drink issue as well as gambling. He started off never drinking but when he is being interviewed his eyes always look red and it seems to never be a beer in his hand but hard stuff eg Brandy or Whiskey.
I think it's his tequila brand. I the bottle is 10k or something like that! His eyes are always red or yellow, doesn't look well at all and you'd definitely suspect booze to be a part of it.

I think it's his tequila brand. I the bottle is 10k or something like that! His eyes are always red or yellow, doesn't look well at all and you'd definitely suspect booze to be a part of it.
Yeah it like special effects off a movie.

10k for a bottle of ****. Christ they'd buy anything.

https://www.insider.com/michael-jordan-the-last-dance-tequila-liquor-costs-2020-4

Glad someone else noticed the eyes, they've stood out to me all the way through.

EWlQaj6WAAEAi3L

Some people are saying that they've looked like this for the past 15 years, could be caused by loads of things:

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/akzzdj/michael-jordan-yellow-eyes-last-dance-netflix-espn

There's also plenty of people saying that he has a booze problem, although in most cases, they would constitute being a social drinker in my home town!

Noticed that Black Sails is on Amazon Prime so I've been re-watching that

Forgot how much I loved it, such a good show

The Blacklist Season 7

MV5BZDU1OGI3NWItZTliOS00OWYxLTliNDktYTFjODcxNmE1NTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUxOTU0OTg@._V1_.jpg

They upped their game this season. It was really enjoyable. Season 8 should be really good.

Latest posts