• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What we do outside TRF

Am in my last year of 6th form atm, hoping to go to Uni next year (Swansea and Reading being my 2 choices probably) to do German (or German and Modern Languages if I go to Reading) if I pass my exams anyway :rolleyes:
Play a lot of rugby atm for my club and my schools 2nd team usually on wing but my schools squad have a ridiculous amount of very good wingers though, so I just slot in anywhere I can for the 2nds. Am quite enjoying the back row atm, even if I'm not that good there :p . Line out jumping is awesome btw :D
I'm very much into my music, am studying a music BTEC (basically all practical performances rather than theory) and play the bass in a band, creating some pretty nice music. I would post a link, but we havent done too much on the recording and uploading front.
I enjoy a few pints with my mates, only discovered the whole clubbing scene over this past 6 months as I'm actually still under 18 (not that it stops me :p), but more of a pub person tbh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Mar 9 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Am in my last year of 6th form atm, hoping to go to Uni next year (Swansea and Reading being my 2 choices probably) to do German (or German and Modern Languages if I go to Reading) if I pass my exams anyway :rolleyes:
Play a lot of rugby atm for my club and my schools 2nd team usually on wing but my schools squad have a ridiculous amount of very good wingers though, so I just slot in anywhere I can for the 2nds. Am quite enjoying the back row atm, even if I'm not that good there :p . Line out jumping is awesome btw :D
I'm very much into my music, am studying a music BTEC (basically all practical performances rather than theory) and play the bass in a band, creating some pretty nice music. I would post a link, but we havent done too much on the recording and uploading front.
I enjoy a few pints with my mates, only discovered the whole clubbing scene over this past 6 months as I'm actually still under 18 (not that it stops me :p), but more of a pub person tbh.[/b]

I went to go visit my mate in Reading Uni in January, had a good laugh. I don't think I've ever seen so much snow. Literally came up to my knees.

If you do end up going to Uni, I'd really reccommend a gap year too. You'll have about 15 months between finishing school and starting Uni - you can work solidly for 12 of them and then you should have enough money for 3 months travelling, + a little bit extra to spend when you're a fresher. Obviously the travelling is an amazing experience & so on & so forth, but you'll also gain a lot from working. Uni's amazing fun, but my gap year was the best of my life.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 9 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Mar 9 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoy a few pints with my mates, only discovered the whole clubbing scene over this past 6 months as I'm actually still under 18 (not that it stops me :p), but more of a pub person tbh.[/b]

I went to go visit my mate in Reading Uni in January, had a good laugh. I don't think I've ever seen so much snow. Literally came up to my knees.
[/b][/quote]
My brother went to Reading, loved it.
Loved it so much, in fact, he still lives there, three years after he graduated :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 10 2010, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you do end up going to Uni, I'd really recommend a gap year too. You'll have about 15 months between finishing school and starting Uni - you can work solidly for 12 of them and then you should have enough money for 3 months travelling, + a little bit extra to spend when you're a fresher. Obviously the travelling is an amazing experience & so on & so forth, but you'll also gain a lot from working. Uni's amazing fun, but my gap year was the best of my life.[/b]

Then again, a study has shown that people who take a gap year before going to uni struggle significantly more, and flunk more often, because they lost the habit of studying. I really should remember which study it was that concluded that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Mar 10 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 10 2010, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do end up going to Uni, I'd really recommend a gap year too. You'll have about 15 months between finishing school and starting Uni - you can work solidly for 12 of them and then you should have enough money for 3 months travelling, + a little bit extra to spend when you're a fresher. Obviously the travelling is an amazing experience & so on & so forth, but you'll also gain a lot from working. Uni's amazing fun, but my gap year was the best of my life.[/b]

Then again, a study has shown that people who take a gap year before going to uni struggle significantly more, and flunk more often, because they lost the habit of studying. I really should remember which study it was that concluded that.
[/b][/quote]

That's true but lots depends of your own motivation and setting of priorities. When I finished College I was fed up with studying. But after working for 3 months I got the taste, motivation of picking up some new courses. I also did travel a lot and it opened my eyes and I gained soo much info on what's actually possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 9 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Mar 9 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoy a few pints with my mates, only discovered the whole clubbing scene over this past 6 months as I'm actually still under 18 (not that it stops me :p ), but more of a pub person tbh.[/b]

If you do end up going to Uni, I'd really reccommend a gap year too. You'll have about 15 months between finishing school and starting Uni - you can work solidly for 12 of them and then you should have enough money for 3 months travelling, + a little bit extra to spend when you're a fresher. Obviously the travelling is an amazing experience & so on & so forth, but you'll also gain a lot from working. Uni's amazing fun, but my gap year was the best of my life.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I'd love to do a gap year and travel all over the place :D But what's brilliant is since I;m doing German, my 3rd year is automatically a gap year as you do a year out either teaching, studying or working in a German speaking country. My sister is doing German at Swansea Uni and is out in Germany atm having an amazing time, so I really cant wait for that. One of the best things is, the Germans have a ridiculously good public transport system so it's easy to travel all over the country too. Same for most of Europe really, so am very much excited for that bit of my course! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Mar 10 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 10 2010, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I've heard that too - and tbh I know if I take a gap year next year then going to Uni the year after, I know I just won't have the same motivation to do go off and study that I have now.

I'm just finishing my Archaeology and Ancient History degree at Cardiff Uni, graduating in July. Dissertation and other essays taking up most of my life atm, whilst also playing outside centre for Cardiff Engin rugby team. We are on a roll right now with our last two fixtures ending in glorious victory; 21-0 and 22-5. :)
After the summer will probably be looking for a normal job for a while just for a bit of cash; somewhere on the highstreet or pub/bar work would be alright. Also hanging around in Cardiff while my girlfriend finishes her final year doing Economics and French.
Want to keep playing rugby as well, so will probably join my mate at Maesteg or Maesteg Celtic. Good times. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I'm just finishing my Archaeology and Ancient History degree at Cardiff Uni, graduating in July."[/b]

I'm doing a course which involves teaching me Latin and the history of Rome. I love it. Trying to find something similar just the middle-ages.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 13 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm just finishing my Archaeology and Ancient History degree at Cardiff Uni, graduating in July. Dissertation and other essays taking up most of my life atm, whilst also playing outside centre for Cardiff Engin rugby team. We are on a roll right now with our last two fixtures ending in glorious victory; 21-0 and 22-5. :)
After the summer will probably be looking for a normal job for a while just for a bit of cash; somewhere on the highstreet or pub/bar work would be alright. Also hanging around in Cardiff while my girlfriend finishes her final year doing Economics and French.
Want to keep playing rugby as well, so will probably join my mate at Maesteg or Maesteg Celtic. Good times. :p[/b]

Super cool

My sister also does the same job, but she's younger, 3rd year student for a now, in a I. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University

I'm torn at the moment between a History/Geography two subject moderatorship and Neuroscience. I'm leaningtowards the neuroscience at the moment, seems to be a busier schedule, better job prospects and also since you go through the general science course for the first two years you can change your mind if you don't like it. Also have a bit of time for mathswith education.

Latest posts