• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

which club will win the heineken cup?

<div class='quotemain'> I agree Mr Speedy, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek. As I said, I think Ospreys and Blues are the strongest contenders, Scarlets would be if they were in any other group (group 5 is just impossible to call). [/b]

Yep, Ospreys are definately the strongest contenders!

Moderator Prestwick says:

jaynets7.jpg

I think Ospreys are up there with the best this year. The only weaknesses they have are:

Tight head: Adam Jones the only good scrummager.
Hooker: Bennet is a poor lineout thrower, suppose Barry Williams is still there.
Full back: Lee Burne can be poor, but is in wonderful form at the mo.

With a potention lineup of:

01 Duncan Jones
02 Huw Bennet/Barry Williams
03 Adam Jones
04 Ian Evans
05 Alun-Wyn Jones
06 Ryan Jones/Jonathan Thomas/Hale T-Pole
07 Marty Holah
08 Ryan Jones/Filo Tiatia

09 Mike Phillips/Justin Marshall
10 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
12 Gavin Henson
13 Sonny Parker
14 Nikki Walker/Aled Brew
15 Lee Burne

I wouldn't bet against them!

Nobody for Bristol then (3rd in Prem last year)? Ok I'll have to put myself forward especially after bashing Llanelli up yesterday! :p

Nobody for Bristol then (3rd in Prem last year)? Ok I'll have to put myself forward especially after bashing Llanelli up yesterday! :p [/b]

AHH IT WAS A FLUKE, I CAN PROVE IT! *looks for proof. fails*

:%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#:

I hope Toulouse will win this year and also the Bremus Buckler! ^^
Win the two is a great challenge, I think.
But taking part a long time of both, will be a long road for health & bodies! Moreover, a lot of players plays in National Teams, they play the RWC 2007, next they will play also the 6 Nations ..

So Mr Guy Noves take care of yours guys with turn over (the strike force of Toulouse is his effective!).

I'm gonna be biased and say Ospreys - what with all the money Cuddy is throwing at the Ospreys we have to achieve something significant as a club!
If we miss the QF's again then Lyn Jones should most definitely get the sack. With such a potent side, we should be making huge strides - instead i only see baby steps.

Saracens owner says:

76529AFhE_w.jpg

"Saracens will win...I've already arranged it.."

And yes, he does like to wear pyjama bottoms when at work.

I hope Stade Français, but i think that Toulouse will be the champion this year: too strong!!

I hope Stade Français, but i think that Toulouse will be the champion this year: too strong!!
[/b]

I just cant see past Toulouse this year. Maybe Leicester. Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I just cant see past Toulouse this year. Maybe Leicester. Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm.
[/b][/quote]

well get over your potential banana skin in Belfast on Friday and qualification should be a given, could be an uphill task if Ulster can re-establish their fortress Ravenhill, however I wouldn't hold much hope for that, Gloucester are a decent bet to go all the way.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

well get over your potential banana skin in Belfast on Friday and qualification should be a given, could be an uphill task if Ulster can re-establish their fortress Ravenhill, however I wouldn't hold much hope for that, Gloucester are a decent bet to go all the way. [/b][/quote]

I don't know...bottom of the Magners League, awful form due to a deliberately depleted side...all the markings of a classic Irish province pushing for an attempt at the HEC!

I've held my tongue after some of the nonsense being spouted by certain members. Ulster are bottom of the league cause they're playing shite, nothing to do with selection policy, however as they showed in the second half against Leinster they are capable of turning things around and giving sides a more than decent challenge, can they do the same next week against Gloucester I doubt it but were they to come away with the win I wouldn't be surprised. But mark my words Ulster have by no means taken the start of the season lightly purely to give them a gentle run-in to the first 2 weekends of the Heineken Cup and the same applies for Leinster, we put out as strong a side as is possible when we can, we don't rest players ahead of the HEC and as for the nonsensical remarks that BOD, D'Arse and Dr Phil don't play in the ML, don't make me laugh, Contepomi probably played as much as any player last season and he didn't play last night not cause he was being rested but because his brother was getting married and it may have escaped your attention but BOD didn't play any rugby at all between the Italy match and the warm-up in Edinburgh. It's only Munster who don't take the ML seriously yet certain posters seem quite happy to tar us all with the same brush, that would be like me making the retarded comment that all GP teams keep it tight and never try and put any width on the ball.

So rant over, Ulster are not taking it handy they're just in poor form.

Mark my words mate, Ulster for the HEC....

....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League?

it doesn't matter what certain members I'm talking about, the fact is the points were made but again you seem to have missed my point, tarring the Irish with the same brush purely because of Munster's approach to the tournament. It's Munster's approach that is giving the Irish teams a bad rep, but since there's little chance of them not qualifying for the HEC, either by league position or via the playoff they can take the stance they do although it has cost them this year as they've ended up in the toughest possible pool when they could have had Ulster's draw and ultimately it doesn't see them in the running to repeat their previous success in Cardiff.

I, sir, have missed no points. I shall brush any team with as big a brush as possible!

Ulster for the HEC!

....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League? [/b]

Jesus f***ing christ you're stirring up the **** there!
Yes, i have my personal opinions regarding the Irish and the ML but you make it sound like i do nothing but ***** about them - and quite ferociously!

Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm. [/b]

I can quite honestly say that i believe the Ospreys have the potential to turn you over at your home ground.

<div class='quotemain'> ....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League? [/b]

Jesus f***ing christ you're stirring up the **** there!
Yes, i have my personal opinions regarding the Irish and the ML but you make it sound like i do nothing but ***** about them - and quite ferociously!
[/b][/quote]

I have the tapes of the daily telephone conversations Matthew.....

<div align="center">STADE FRANCAIS</span></span></span></span>
</div>

Moderator Prestwick says:
Gunbuster.jpg

Latest posts