• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

which club will win the heineken cup?

To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I'm looking for a team to support. They don't neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can't be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts?

Stade Francais

They stand a good chance as well.

Or you could go for the loveable Ospreys.
"See all your favourite All Blacks players, from when you were a child, running around next to Gavin Henson!"
That's how they sell the Ospreys to the South Wales contingency.

To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I'm looking for a team to support. They don't neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can't be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]

Well...that removes Saracens from the running... :(

To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I'm looking for a team to support. They don't neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can't be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]
ULSTER, my friend, Ulster.
Why? Well, I'm glad you asked. They are a great team with some of the great up and coming talent in Irish Rugby. Also they have greats like David Humphries who is fantastic to watch in whatever capacity he comes on the pitch (just take the Ulster v Leinster match). The fans are great, the craic is great, the grounds are nice and homey. And, you've got the Red Hand of Ulster legend to share with everyone! Great Story!
So, stand up for the Ulsterman!

O'Ro, i think he said he's looking for a team with an "attacking mind set." Whilst saying that i don't believe in his mind's eye he was thinking of Ulster's "keep it in the forwards and let Humphries kick to touch" tactic.

:p

<div class='quotemain'> To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I'm looking for a team to support. They don't neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can't be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]

Well...that removes Saracens from the running... :(
[/b][/quote]

Well I guess that depends are they loveable losers?

Stade Francais is a Top 14 club and I'm pretty sure I don't have access to them via setanta or mediazone. I was thinking Ospreys because Jmarsh and Holah are there along with some nice attacking weapons in the backs. To be fair to the Ospreys, Cardiff have a fair number of Kiwis in their squad as well(Blair, Rush, Spice, ***o).

I'll be giving this significant thought over the next couple of weeks so thanks to the replies and nice sell job of Ulster, I'll take a look and see.

Bloody fox sports, I really want to watch the Heineken cup this time round but i'm pretty sure they only show the later games.

Bloody fox sports, I really want to watch the Heineken cup this time round but i'm pretty sure they only show the later games.
[/b]

well you can at least get live audio on the games, it's not the same as live tv but it's better than nothing.

I have officially jumped on the Gloucester bandwagon. They are forever more my NH club team of choice. The display they put on in the first half against Ulster was enough to convince me. Top showing from practically every team so far though, it's turning out to be a fantastic competition.

Top showing from practically every team so far though, it's turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

You say that as though you're suprised. The Heineken Cup is a fantastic competition - those of us in Europe have been saying so for years. Very difficult to better in terms of domestic rugby IMO, so much intensity and variety.

Of course one of the three big french teams : Stade Francais, Stade Toulousain or Biarritz.

<div class='quotemain'>Top showing from practically every team so far though, it's turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

You say that as though you're suprised. The Heineken Cup is a fantastic competition - those of us in Europe have been saying so for years. Very difficult to better in terms of domestic rugby IMO, so much intensity and variety.

[/b][/quote]

the variety imo is one of the best things about the tournament. The different playing styles of Ospreys, Tigers, Toulouse, Stade, Wasps and the Irish sides can be facinating to see how they come up against each other.

<div class='quotemain'>Top showing from practically every team so far though, it's turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well, yes I am a little surprised. For the same reasons the competition is so great (diversity of playing styles etc) are the same reasons why you can get real clunker games. I was genuinely a little surprised that every game was entertaining for at least a half. It's not too often in any sport, in any country that you get this many games that turn out to be fantastic, especially on opening weekend, where teams are relatively unaccustomed to playing each other.

Latest posts