• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team and why will win The Super 15?

The saders will win it this year.
Most likely the final will be against a SA team. Altho I really would like to see the Cannes there.
chiefs should aim at a top5 spot.

The saders will win it this year.
Most likely the final will be against a SA team. Altho I really would like to see the Cannes there.
chiefs should aim at a top5 spot.

I can very much see the Crusaders win it. A couple of teams have a good chance though. I would say that the host of the final will come away with the spoils becuase of the travel factor. And I will also say that the teams in the final will be the two who have had the bye at the QF's IE the two teams who end top of the 'combined' log. IMO it will be the Crusaders and either the Sharks or Bulls. I can't see two etams from the same conference end with the most points unless they murder against the other countries and gets lots of bonus points. Could happen but I think it is a little unlikely.

I think it will be a real surprise this year with the new format and also, i bet some teams dont want to be in the final, those extra weeks of finals rugby along with an expanded competition, with the tri nations and world cup coming up... me thinks some will throw some games

The biggest problem is that the ITM and Currie Cup might be won by average teams. I seriously think Griquas can win the Currie Cup this year with the Super Rugby overlapping the start of the competition, Tri Nations overlapping the middle and the World Cup and preparations to the World Cup overlap the final weeks.

Griquas have no Springboks and hardly any players in the Cheetahs-squad (who won't make the play offs anyway)

The biggest problem is that the ITM and Currie Cup might be won by average teams. I seriously think Griquas can win the Currie Cup this year with the Super Rugby overlapping the start of the competition, Tri Nations overlapping the middle and the World Cup and preparations to the World Cup overlap the final weeks.

Griquas have no Springboks and hardly any players in the Cheetahs-squad (who won't make the play offs anyway)

The Cheetahs and Lions also have good chances: Cheetahs only losing 2 players to the Springboks and the Lions, depending on who they might still sign of course, probably NONE!! (I don't think Elton Jantjes will play in this RWC) My money is on the Lions coming good in the Currie cup.

The Cheetahs and Lions also have good chances: Cheetahs only losing 2 players to the Springboks and the Lions, depending on who they might still sign of course, probably NONE!! (I don't think Elton Jantjes will play in this RWC) My money is on the Lions coming good in the Currie cup.

So long as their tight five, Peter Grant and Vermuelan are ignored, WP are in with a shout themselves

So long as their tight five, Peter Grant and Vermuelan are ignored, WP are in with a shout themselves

True. I see us losing Bekker, CJ, Burger, Januarie, Fourie, de Jongh, de Villiers, Habana and Aplon to the Bokke.

That leaves us with
1Blaauw, 2Liebenberg, 3 Harris, 4van Zyl, 5Fondse, 6Louw, 7Louw, 8Vermeulen, 9Duvenhage, 10Grant, 11Engelbrecht, 12Bosch, 13Whitehead, 14Poolman, 15Jantjes

16Kitshoff/Moller, 17Fourie, 18Steenkamp/Elstadt, 19Kolisi/Hartzenberg/Elstadt, 20Schroeder, 21Cronje/van Aswegen, 22Brache

A lot of new faces but a very able team probably.

We will have to use players like Herbst, Burden and van Staden in our frontrow during both the Super Rugby overlap and the Tri-Nations/World Cup overlap. That will cost us some serious points I think

Latest posts