• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who are the crappiest & most overrated players?

Well i'm the only one who said that about Smith, so i am probably wrong!

Still don't agree with the Morne Steyn bashers... Especially since most of them have Ronan oh my clueless on their teams... eugh.

Ye, thut's reiiight eyerish mun. I'm torkin te yeee.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muzzy @ Mar 2 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Overrated:

John Hayes
Keiran Ried
Issac Ross
Tasesa Lavea
Wendal Sailor
Shane Williams (only plays well in certain games against certain teams)
Ron O'Gara
Danny Cipriani
Francois Steyn (addicted to missing drop goals he didn't even need to make)
that "Beast" guy lol
So'oialo
Brad Thorn
David Smith
Liam Messam
Masaga
Rudi Wulf
Conrad Smith :angry: thats right
Doug Howlett (during his later years)
Andy Sheridan
Simon Shaw
Paul O'Connell
Mike Tindall
Chris Jack
Reuben Thorne[/b]
And while we are feelling all honest here. Tommy Bowe is the most over rated player I've seen. The trys he scores are usually fairly easy ones in which he just dots down over the line. He doesn't hold a candle to most of the SH wingers...(I know this'll come back to bite me).

Oh i forgot the 3 biggest ones! Jonathan Sexton, Mike Phillips and Gavin Henson.

BRING IT!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 2 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muzzy @ Mar 2 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overrated:

John Hayes
Keiran Ried
Issac Ross
Tasesa Lavea
Wendal Sailor
Shane Williams (only plays well in certain games against certain teams)
Ron O'Gara
Danny Cipriani
Francois Steyn (addicted to missing drop goals he didn't even need to make)
that "Beast" guy lol
So'oialo
Brad Thorn
David Smith
Liam Messam
Masaga
Rudi Wulf
Conrad Smith :angry: thats right
Doug Howlett (during his later years)
Andy Sheridan
Simon Shaw
Paul O'Connell
Mike Tindall
Chris Jack
Reuben Thorne[/b]
And while we are feelling all honest here. Tommy Bowe is the most over rated player I've seen. The trys he scores are usually fairly easy ones in which he just dots down over the line. He doesn't hold a candle to most of the SH wingers...(I know this'll come back to bite me).
[/b][/quote]
I tottally agree about Tommy Bowe! NH love him for some reason. Wendel Sailor hasn't played rugby in 3yrs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 2 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh i forgot the 3 biggest ones! Jonathan Sexton, Mike Phillips and Gavin Henson.

BRING IT![/b]
Could you be fishing?!

In a way I agree. This time last year he was almost on his way out of Leinster. Now he's being treated as though he's the messiah. He needs to prove himself over a longer period. Very good player though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 2 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could you be fishing?!

In a way I agree. This time last year he was almost on his way out of Leinster. Now he's being treated as though he's the messiah. He needs to prove himself over a longer period. Very good player though.[/b]

He is by no means a bad player. He is quite good actually. But since that Fiji game last year, the Irish have built at least 3 churches to honor His name. So i think he is overrated, which just means he is not AS GOOD as what people seem to think he is, in my opinion of course.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 2 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

BRING IT![/b]

You cleary didn't read the my earlier post regarding a booting. Sexton is the shizzle dizzle, 3 churches is not nearly enough. Best thing since sliced bread.

Morne Steyn < Johnny Sex

Couple of points...

The whole 'overrated' definition means that Ronan O'Gara can't be here. He needs to be rated before he's overrated.

Agree about Sexton. He's good but he's not the uber shizzle.

If you put Ronan O'Gara in last years Bulls team they still would have won the Super 14. Morne Steyn had a good year but he's not what everyone was claiming he was at the end of last year. Same boat as Sexton as far as I'm concerned.

And a glare for all the Tommy Bowe bashers. Call anyone you like overrated but not Tommy Bowe or Stephem Ferris

Or the Sex. You know when people say someting is better than Sex? They're lying, nothing is better than Johnny Sexton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 2 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or the Sex. You know when people say someting is better than Sex? They're lying, nothing is better than Johnny Sexton.[/b]

Except Cipriani and Wilkinson and Steyn and O'Gara.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 2 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 2 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or the Sex. You know when people say someting is better than Sex? They're lying, nothing is better than Johnny Sexton.[/b]

Except Cipriani and Wilkinson and Steyn and O'Gara.
[/b][/quote]

Well obviously, I meant out of us mere mortals, not the gods of rugby!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 2 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you put Ronan O'Gara in last years Bulls team they still would have won the Super 14.[/b]

That's like saying if you put him in the England squad of 2003, they still would have won the World Cup.

umbrella.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 2 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 2 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you put Ronan O'Gara in last years Bulls team they still would have won the Super 14.[/b]

That's like saying if you put him in the England squad of 2003, they still would have won the World Cup.

umbrella.jpg

[/b][/quote]

No it's not. The Bulls team was far more dominant that the England team was. What's up with the umbrella? Is it sheltering me from your tears of frustration.
:wah:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 2 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And while we are feelling all honest here. Tommy Bowe is the most over rated player I've seen. The trys he scores are usually fairly easy ones in which he just dots down over the line. He doesn't hold a candle to most of the SH wingers...(I know this'll come back to bite me).[/b]
HA! I laughed! It's a good one.

Ugo Monye is the best player in the world

Let's see what THAT gets us to

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 1 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fair enough... I just think they are a teeny tiny bit overrated. Smith is ok-ish, but not even in my top 5 centre in the world. Brad Thorn is ugly, so maybe that's why he puts me off, because he is quite a beast sometimes in the loose.

Brussouw is not overrated, and Kankowski is awesome, though i could completely understand how a foreigner could say he is crap considering his uselessness at test rugby.

LOL @ Brian O' Driscoll on your list. Are you being serious?[/b]

Fishing with BOD but i think that Brussouw is a good player but overrated in SA. I think Kanko shouldn't get anywhere near a Springbok jersey. He looks good in the Sharks at times but doesn't add any grunt that the Sharks are lacking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Mar 1 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bastareau, Spies, F Steyn , Nonu, Henson, Tuquiri, Monye , Chabal, THE BEAST, Collins, McAlister, Piennar. Pienaar taking it with a landslide.

They're the most over-rated players. Morne Steyn, Brian Habana & Imanol Harinordoquy are the three best players in the world.

Paterson and Hayes are shite.[/b]

Better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 2 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Every person on this planet < Imanol[/b]

Have to agree.

Also, for the Morne Steyn bashers of this site. Look who currently has the highest points for goal kicks & is only behind Michael Hobbs for tries scored in S14 2010 so far and way ahead in tries created. Also, he owned 2009, Carter & Giteau except for the EOYT where he took some time off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, for the Morne Steyn bashers of this site. Look who currently has the highest points for goal kicks & is only behind Michael Hobbs for tries scored in S14 2010 so far and way ahead in tries created. Also, he owned 2009, Carter & Giteau except for the EOYT where he took some time off.[/b]
Doesn't Wilkinson have the worldwide most points though?
Doesn't really mean alot :p

Latest posts