• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Do You Think Will Be in the All Blacks?

<div class='quotemain'> Yea he's awesome, i mean if someone like Conrad Smith can play at Centre for the AB's surely Nonu can get a chance. By the way has Smith retired? [/b]
Conrad smith is a solid player. If he isnt the best defensive centre in NZ rugby hes close. I'd put smith at 12 and Nonu at 13.
[/b][/quote]

I reckon Richard Kahui is a better defensive centre... but its probably quite close.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Yea he's awesome, i mean if someone like Conrad Smith can play at Centre for the AB's surely Nonu can get a chance. By the way has Smith retired? [/b]
Conrad smith is a solid player. If he isnt the best defensive centre in NZ rugby hes close. I'd put smith at 12 and Nonu at 13.
[/b][/quote]

I reckon Richard Kahui is a better defensive centre... but its probably quite close.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah but I'd still rate Smith higher than him based on reputation.

And the fact he can stay on the field for up to 3 straight weeks compared to Richard The Foodbill's 43 minute spells.

Oh and Kaino surely has to be in with a major sniff, definatly ahead of Messam and probably Lauaki. Once again showed he along with Read is the form 6 of the competition. Great in the line out, devastating in the loose, can cover 6,7,8 and lock at a desperate pinch and has finally consitiently putting together a mammoth workrate. His old problem used to be play great, than disappear, but now he's putting 80 minutes in week in, week out.

Here is who I would pick

Backs:

Muliaina, MacDonald, Sivivatu, Masaga, Tuitavake, Toeava, Nonu, Smith, Carter, Brett, Leonard, Moa

Forwards:

Lauaki, So'oialo, Kaino, McCaw, Braid, Williams ©, Eaton, Reid, Afoa, Woodcock, Tialata, MacIntosh, Mealamu, Hore

I havent taken anyone who is leaving except Carter as he is only going for 6 months and we dont have any quality first-fives with experience.
Jerry would miss out coz he is getting outplayed by both Kieran Reid and Jerome Kaino, and Masoe also plays better for the Canes at number 6 this year.

Anyways thats my thoughts but I doubt it will happen

I'd still personally have Collins ahead of Laauaki - Lauaki has just been a fat lump 90% of this year while Collins has spent most the time affected by a rib injury - he looked on the mend last night and showed flashes of his old brillance.

I'd still personally have Collins ahead of Laauaki - Lauaki has just been a fat lump 90% of this year while Collins has spent most the time affected by a rib injury - he looked on the mend last night and showed flashes of his old brillance. [/b]

True, and as stated before Jerry Collins plays alot better when he plays for the ABs.

After the semi final here are my choices for starting 15

Backs - Evans, S Sivivatu, A Tuitivaki, C Smith, B Stanley, D Carter,

Forwards - R Soialo, R McCaw, K Reid, A Williams, B Thorn, N Tialata, A Hore, T Woodcock.

Tuitivaki deserses a start with his form. He's better under the high ball and at defense than Masaga. Plus his attacking play has been consistently good.

Reid has been the best blindside this super 14. His workrate and support has been awesome. Though he'll have to watch out for A Thompson next year.

Thorn and Ali are a good combo. Rodders just beats out Mose. Evans has been a world class fullback for a long time. Muliaina has been quiet all year (not really his fault).

I didn't include Nonu mainly because he makes stupid decisions and mistakes. He plays super 14 well, but can never make the next step to internationals.

I also believe smith to be an amazing player. He is getting back to being pretty good - I thought he had an average world cup tho. Mine.

15: Mils
14: Tuitavake (Until Rocokoko)
13 Smith
12: Nonu
11: Siti
10: Carter
9: Cowan
8: So'ialo
7: McCaw
6: Read
5: Williams
4: Thorn ( I think he has done enough to edge out everyone else)
3: Somerville
2: Hore
1: Woodcock

Reserves: Kaino, Afoa, Mealamu, Boric, leonard, Brett, MacDonald

I think Graham Henry should have picked Isaiah Toeava, Chris Masoe and Lelia Masaga

I am also looking forward in the future to see the likes of Kade Poki, Sean Maitland and David Smith.

I wonder if anyone in New Zealand has got the pace of Bryan Habana. I know Masaga is a dangerous finisher and Rokocoko is quick. Doug Howlett maybe but I think that he has retired. It would be cool to see someone like that step up from the air new zealand cup

Doug Howlett maybe but I think that he has retired.[/b]

Nope, plying his trade for Munster these days.

Howlett was never as fast as Habana anyway, probably never in the top 10 sprinters for that matter. His art was (and still is) his brain which kept him 2-3 paces ahead of anyone else.

why you most don't include in team rockocoko i thin he is the best [/b]

I hope your your not a piece of **** spammer. Only I have the right to unnecesarily bump threads and contribute nothing to the topics in this forum! :angry:

Latest posts