Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gone for Arg for the obvious reasons:

1. A country that hasn't previously hosted.
2. A country that could well do with the economic boost.
3. If it is rugby that provides said economic boost I would imagine the uptake of rugby within Argentina would dwarf any significant increase in participation in either SA or Oz.

Would Argentina be able to afford the minimum $100m fee and make money for WR? All well and good choosing a new country and taking the game to South America, but France winning the rights to host 2023 showed money talks. I just can't see Argentina being able to put a good enough package on the table to entice the other Unions to vote for them.

Would Argentina be able to afford the minimum $100m fee and make money for WR? All well and good choosing a new country and taking the game to South America, but France winning the rights to host 2023 showed money talks. I just can't see Argentina being able to put a good enough package on the table to entice the other Unions to vote for them.

Honest answer... I don't know. The Arg economy obvs isn't the strongest it has ever been but big banking love borrowing large amounts of money to nations... they know they will get the money back eventually even if it means taking control of national infrastructure in the event of foreclosure (worst case scenario I know & if that was the eventuality the Argies would regret ever making the deal). Unless everything is already privatised of course.

Aren't the Argie poofball stadia suitable? I mean if Wales and Eng can host a couple with our transport links ... Jeeze

LOL
Send Tony and Gordon down there to teach them all about PFI.

really South Africa should get it because by 2027 it will have been 32 years since they last hosted it. although Argentina getting it wouldn't be the worst outcome.

I think going to a new country like USA will depend on the financial success of how Japan goes next year. I am still sceptical about it going to the USA at the moment. Sure non USA fans will flock to matches, as it's such a great tourist destination. But domestic audience attending matches; I am not so sure.
Of course we will see Ireland play Italy in USA this Saturday and their matches are well supported by the Irish ex Pats. Will Italian ex Pats be drawn to the game?. But I just wonder what the make up will be by local non Irish/Italian fans.

For Japan There were quite a few empty seats during the NZ v Aus match in what is the WC final venue next year. I was reading on the NZ herald that NZ v Japan this Saturday will be played to a half empty stadium as they struggle to sell tickets.

The voting by the Unions is so heavily influenced by what cut they get from the pie. We saw that when France won the hosting for 2023 and how they ignored WR's recommendation it should go to SA because France promised them more dough.

would world rugby really want to be involved with the mess that is america right now

it would fit the japan model of World Cup followed by Olympics... we also have FIFA world cup in 2026

really South Africa should get it because by 2027 it will have been 32 years since they last hosted it. although Argentina getting it wouldn't be the worst outcome.
The last time South Africa hosted it there was a movie made about it with Mat Damon and Morgan Freeman.
Its overdue again, the USA isn't that big a rugby loving country yet. give it to the countries who actually like the sport.

But then again it wont help we lobby people on a forum... need to create a group of hackers who can hack the world rugby board members Facebook and Insta to influence their decisions in a similar manner as the US democrats claimed they were influenced by Russians. Suggestive ads (What a great country SA is, France is bad okay! , No to gun violence no to US world cup, Ireland in a recession) something like that on a consistent basis should have some meaningful results.
Maybe a model pioneered by FIFA could work where we just bribe the officials who has votes.

Also since we are the biggest money generating country for rugby in Africa we should cut off all funding to rugby Africa (Who are based in Cape Town BTW) as they did not voter for us in the previous world cup bidding process. It was the mother of all back stabs, talk about keeping your enemies close. Actually kick them out let them go work in Uganda, Zimbabwe or the Namibian desert.

The last time South Africa hosted it there was a movie made about it with Mat Damon and Morgan Freeman.
Its overdue again, the USA isn't that big a rugby loving country yet. give it to the countries who actually like the sport.

But then again it wont help we lobby people on a forum... need to create a group of hackers who can hack the world rugby board members Facebook and Insta to influence their decisions in a similar manner as the US democrats claimed they were influenced by Russians. Suggestive ads (What a great country SA is, France is bad okay! , No to gun violence no to US world cup, Ireland in a recession) something like that on a consistent basis should have some meaningful results.
Maybe a model pioneered by FIFA could work where we just bribe the officials who has votes.

Also since we are the biggest money generating country for rugby in Africa we should cut off all funding to rugby Africa (Who are based in Cape Town BTW) as they did not voter for us in the previous world cup bidding process. It was the mother of all back stabs, talk about keeping your enemies close. Actually kick them out let them go work in Uganda, Zimbabwe or the Namibian desert.

i'd love a south african world cup and i'd stay as long as i can... but tbf i plan on going back fairly often anyway

wasn't the problem that the head of rugby africa was a parisian with slight ties to morocco?

Latest posts