• Waps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toloun

• Saracens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean even in a theoretical world none of those are likely really.

who should he coach, IDK I would like to see him back at Clermont.

This. With the greatest respect to Samoa or the USA, I think he should be aiming higher. Let's be honest, it would some drop from being a contender to coach NZ to taking up a Tier 2 post.

Of the International positions you mentioned, Scotland is the only one I can really see being available. Townsend is probably the most vulnerable of the coaches and if the SRFU lose patience, they might act. Even then, I think Robinson needs to be going for a really top European club job or a Top 5 ranked test side. A lot will depend on what's open at the time.

This. With the greatest respect to Samoa or the USA, I think he should be aiming higher. Let's be honest, it would some drop from being a contender to coach NZ to taking up a Tier 2 post.

Of the International positions you mentioned, Scotland is the only one I can really see being available. Townsend is probably the most vulnerable of the coaches and if the SRFU lose patience, they might act. Even then, I think Robinson needs to be going for a really top European club job or a Top 5 ranked test side. A lot will depend on what's open at the time.
Tbf it'd be awesome to see someone go to the US and try and fix the entire system (a bit like Eddie in Japan)

How many of these are likely?

He can do better than Italy, Samoa and the USA. Scotland might happen I guess but depends on what happens with Townsend. Even if we don't do well it's hard to see Andy Farrell being gone by then (and even if he is, I can't see us hiring Robertson, the last non-internal appointment by the IRFU was Brian Ashton 25 years ago).

Any of those clubs would take him if they had a vacancy but again that's dependent on timing.

i imagine any move wouldn't be until after the next super season so mid 2021, think he'd want to take over a international team 2 years out from the next WC, i think a club is much more likely

Why are those the only options... I personally think he stands a better chance at coaching the Chiefs and the B & I Lions... At least they'll put up a fight then...

The all blacks. Fister only has a two year contract.

But imagine if he coached Fiji and won the World Cup. If I was a great coach I'd want to coach Fiji.

in an ideal world as a kiwi I'd like to see him be an assistant coach for the All Blacks. I'm happy with foster as coach and the current coaching team in general. But I'd like to see Robinson come in as an assistant to take over after the next WC... won or lose I cant see foster doing another stint after that but who knows.
I know that wont happen it would require someone like scott mcleod to move on

in an ideal world as a kiwi I'd like to see him be an assistant coach for the All Blacks. I'm happy with foster as coach and the current coaching team in general. But I'd like to see Robinson come in as an assistant to take over after the next WC... won or lose I cant see foster doing another stint after that but who knows.
I know that wont happen it would require someone like scott mcleod to move on
Why as an assistant? It seems to me his Main strength is in psyching up the players, getting theM energised and attentive and keen and collaborative and continually learning and holding high expectations of themselves, creating an enthusiastic culture. I think he can do that best as a head coach.

Why as an assistant? It seems to me his Main strength is in psyching up the players, getting theM energised and attentive and keen and collaborative and continually learning and holding high expectations of themselves, creating an enthusiastic culture. I think he can do that best as a head coach.
what about any of that couldn't be done as an assistant? I think for the all blacks in particular the assistant coaches have as much or more involvement with the players than the head coach who also has the job of managing the assistants and selectors as well as being more involved as the public face of the coaching team...

what about any of that couldn't be done as an assistant? I think for the all blacks in particular the assistant coaches have as much or more involvement with the players than the head coach who also has the job of managing the assistants and selectors as well as being more involved as the public face of the coaching team...
I think just the level of authority, such that players will buy in and he has full control over those aspects. It is the head coach that tends to dictate the culture. I also don't know how good he is at the technical aspects of the game that the assistant coaches need. Has he had huge success as an assistant? He has had huge success as a head coach, with different assistants at different times.

but that's a good point that there might be a difference between role of head coach at super vs all blacks level.

I would have been happy with Razor getting the big job...Fozzie seems to just be continuation of what we've had for the last decade...but like most sequels...they're getting progressive worse, time for the reboot

Actually seems pretty likely.

If he wants a Tier 1 gig this is very likely to be the best job he gets before the next RWC. Wales are fairly likely to be looking for a new coach in the near future.

Not sure if it's a good move for him though, Wales aren't in a good place right now. They're better than their current performances but the quality of their playing squad is heading in the wrong direction. Suspect they're going to regress to a standard more reflective of their regional teams regardless of how good their coaches are. Coaching them might not help his reputation in the long run.

Agreed. Good job on paper, maybe not so much in reality ...

Latest posts