• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be targeted

S

Southern man

To be signed by the new teams for the 06 premier division?

I think they need to go for middle of the range guys, players that won't let them down but aren't to expensive.

I think that Tasman will be the strongest first up, as they will get alot of Canterburys second stringers.

Manawatu should be the whipping boys of the comp, They were only a mid table second division team.

So any ideas about who might be ehading to these teams?

i still think its a bit early to do that, can we have this season first?

i am looking forward to this season though
<

Next should be interesting...

It will surly make the super 12 teams stronger having a wider base of players to choose from, it will be good

McIntyre will probably being going somewhere. The guy is never going to get a chance by playing second fiddle to Carter. I'm assuming Canterbury will hold onto McCaw, Jack, and Carter, and that'll probably tie up a fair bit of dosh. I suppose you could add Mauger and the like to that list aswell, so yeah, we'll probably end up short in depth.

So as far as players leaving Canterbury go, I'd say these guys could be looking at their options : McIntyre, Jonny Leo'o, Ben Blair (perhaps?), Greg Feek.

But you'd really have to find out what the salary cap is going to be set at, and how much these guys are currently being paid in order to determine who could be leaving provinces.

Hawkes Bay are apparently only going after ex-pats... fools. Hopefully one day we get Colin Bourke back, but since he flipped the bird at the current administration I doubt he'll back anytime soon.

Expect too see Harbour targeted again, players like McAlister and such... and since Mehrts is now gone Canterbury wont be under as much pressure to find spots in the backline for the Likes of Mauger and Carter.

I have heard some big rmours that Danny Lee could be going up to Hawkes bay, I really hope he does.

McAlister could go to Manawatu with his dad coaching?

yeah i herd rumors of this. not good. we already have to somehow keep 3 teams going in the 1st division, we also have to look after our own players from leaving the city all togeather. also, would this mean mcallister will be gone from the blues aswell? cause gopperth is much better of a 1st 5/8 than aucklands current and we need him.

i think its time that we get our old players back, casey laulaula, mose tuiliili etc

^^^hahaha true but that may get buggered off by f***IN STUPID ASS PAT LAM.....prick ass barbie doll face mutha f***er!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
McIntyre will probably being going somewhere. The guy is never going to get a chance by playing second fiddle to Carter. I'm assuming Canterbury will hold onto McCaw, Jack, and Carter, and that'll probably tie up a fair bit of dosh. I suppose you could add Mauger and the like to that list aswell, so yeah, we'll probably end up short in depth.

So as far as players leaving Canterbury go, I'd say these guys could be looking at their options : McIntyre, Jonny Leo'o, Ben Blair (perhaps?), Greg Feek.

But you'd really have to find out what the salary cap is going to be set at, and how much these guys are currently being paid in order to determine who could be leaving provinces[/b]

Yeah but with merts and marshall both going that would free up alot of cash 2, they both would have been on a bit.

whatever happens its going ot be a new generation on new zealand provincial rugby and i am looking forward to it!

Dont see why Luke McAlister would want to go to Manawatu just so he join a crappy team coached by his dad.

Why not just go to Auckland, even that dumbarse Pat Lam would rather have Luke McAlister then Tasea Lavea... then again this is Pat Lam were talking about...
<

yeah he might put mccalister on the wing..and bradley at fullback
hahahaha

the best positional change he made last year was when frank bunce was given the go at no.1 waterboy bwahahahaha..even he sucked at that he dropped the water everywhere..lol

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 12 2005, 11:02 AM
Dont see why Luke McAlister would want to go to Manawatu just so he join a crappy team coached by his dad.

Why not just go to Auckland, even that dumbarse Pat Lam would rather have Luke McAlister then Tasea Lavea... then again this is Pat Lam were talking about...
<
HANDS OFF OUR PLAYERS!! (losing enough of them already).......

As a side note I will make the prediction (Los Lover take notice) that this NPC will see Nick Williams (barring injury) thrown into serious All black squad contention......(he should at least be starting Blues no 8 next season).

Nick Williams will carve up this year and in next years S12 since Xavier Rush is now gone, although considiring the previous biasis of the Blues coaching staff they might try Angus McDonald again...

But then again we have a Nuetral in Nucifora in charge now so that might not be a problem. We now need to find a captain now though with Rush gone to Cardiff, Ill probably say McDonald in the No 6 Jersey.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2005, 09:34 AM
Nick Williams will carve up this year and in next years S12 since Xavier Rush is now gone, although considiring the previous biasis of the Blues coaching staff they might try Angus McDonald again...

But then again we have a Nuetral in Nucifora in charge now so that might not be a problem.  We now need to find a captain now though with Rush gone to Cardiff, Ill probably say McDonald in the No 6 Jersey.
I agree, for the first time in Blues history there should be no Auckland bias (or at the very least less of it) in the picking of the team.............this will mean the best players from the regions should be picked.

I mean how much better would have the Blues gone last year with Evans (at first five after Spencer was ruled out), Gear (perhaps taking a wing spot from underperforming wings), Tipoki (should have been originally picked rather then in the backup squad), Williams starting at No 8, Newby at blindside/off the bench covering open/blindside flanker????

McDonald at no 6 and captain next year seems the likely option.............

Canterbury are after kevin senio.

This from the nz herald
14.07.05 12.00pm

An intriguing tug of war is developing for Bay of Plenty and Junior All Blacks halfback Kevin Senio, who comes off contract after the NPC.

It is understood Senio is now the target of Canterbury, with the province also believed to have his wife Anna in line for the Flames netball team.

However, Bay of Plenty CEO Paul Abbot says they are still trying desperately hard to hold on to Senio, and they have an offer on the table with his agent.

Abbot says they are hoping they can make a case to hold onto Senio through the environment and lifestyle of Bay of Plenty.

He says they have to be realistic and acknowledge he is a man in demand.

Senio was showing some great form in the begging of last years NPC, enough to suggest that without injury he would have been on the end or year tour. At BOP he will struggle to get game time for the Chiefs, especially behind Kelleher. At Canterbury he is almost 100% guranteed to have a starting birth in both NPC and S14 level, and good form in a good environment and winning team could hopefully see him replace Weepu as the number 2 halfback. It would be a shame to see BOP lose another underused and underrated player in two seasons, but until a better S14 selection scheme is set in place moving outside the region may be his only hope for higher honors.

Yep that is stupid alright. Canterbury mainly just pick from their NPC team so its an easier transition than fighting between 3 provinces like the chiefs do.

Will be sad if he leaves - so many players go down to Christchurch and become better players, but that is probably why they do so well in s12, because they do take a lot of players from other regions.

Gear, Laulala, Ralph, Tui'ali'i, Filipo, Flynn aren't exactly from the region.

Wonder what will happen with this new salary cap in 2006

yeha don't know what will happen hopefully it actually does spread the talent better than the super 12 has eg canterbury and auckland hoarding players.

Players just play better in canterbury hoarding the players is a name for teams like Auckland and the NY Yankees.

Ron Cribb,Caleb Ralph,Rico Gear,are all good examples...playes ishy in Auckland played ALL BLACKS quality in Canterbury.