• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be the best fly-half ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gabi

Carter ? Hernandez ? Wilkinson ? O'Gara ? Pretorius ? Larkham ? or a come back of Michalak :lol2tn: ?

More seriously you believe in the polyvalent Carter ? the magician Hernandez ? the fabulous foots scorers Wilkinson or O' Gara ? or the experience of Larkham ?

Me I vote for Michalak like I'm french but...........I dream a little !

Why Wilkinson? Give examples. We can't have a discussion without people giving reasons.

I can understand why you can't give a reason for Wilkinson though. He really is that crap apart from his kicking.

i believe carter will end up being the fly half of the tournament. if he captures his form from last year, it'll be undisputed.

saying wilko is crap apart from his kicking is a bit strong, he's also a sound defender and not a bad passer of the ball either. he's a wicked tactical player.. when he's on form. give him a few games to warm up.

Hopefully we'll see some Carter magic in tonights game. Carter played well against the Italians, may he continue his good form.

Wilkinson won't even get a chance to be the best fly-half. Why? Because the only time he'll be tested as a fly-half, will be in a quarterfinal where they'll lose to Australia. It's hard to be the fly-half of the tournament when u only have one match to shine, and you lose in it.

Well just like most of us, we're quick to say Dan Carter so I'll go with him too. :D ...but one fly-half I think deserves to be considered is Felipe Contepomi of the Los Pumas (awesome team). He's put on a good performance so far and carefully instructing his fast-running backs. He will play a major part against Ireland (expect to see drop goals from him) next week and if they top the table, he will definitely have another crack in the quaters against Scotland or Italy.

GO LOS PUMAS!

I THINK CARTER AND STEYN , BECAUSE HIS TEAMS WILL BE SURE ON SEMIFINALS OR FINALS, THEY ARE THE TOP CANDIDATES, BUT DONT FORGET HERNANDEZ AND CONTEMPOMI, THEY PLAY GREAT

carter will be as solid and consistent as always

berrick barnes will be the "exciting new number 10" of the tournament

You can't vote against Carter, the man is practically always on the front foot and very rarely does a thing wrong.

But give it a few years and my boy James Hook wll be twice the pleyer he is now.

Every other fly half in the world would look twice as good as they are now if they were playing behind the All Blacks pack. They dominate just about every team they play against, giving a very easy ride to Carter.

Don't get me wrong, last year he was one of the best players in the world, but if New Zealand loose in this world cup it will be because another team has managed to put the pack, and therefore him on the back foot.

RC: Hook still neads some work in a couple of areas. His kicking out of hand has been poor (not sure who's at fault though, Hook or Jenkins). His passing can also be poor, he sometimes just ships it on. He needs to work on how to bring the centres into a game, especially Shanks.

You can't vote against Carter, the man is practically always on the front foot and very rarely does a thing wrong.

But give it a few years and my boy James Hook wll be twice the pleyer he is now.
[/b]

I don't believe it's physically possible to be twice the player Carter is, but being better than him? Why not but he has to get his kicking together. There's even talk already of Carter being userped from within New Zealand from young guys like Stephen Brett and Stephen Donald.

feckin kiwi conveyer belt. at last in ireland we have some decent 10 talent coming through but connacht and munster go off and decide to buy aussies

Will definitely be carter, wilkinson hasn't played enough rugby in recent years and will not get much in this world cup.

Carter without a doubt, is there anything he cant do, he's the complete player

agree with RC regarding Hook, he will surpass Carter's ability in a few years

i wouldn't be so sure about james hook.
besides, Hernandez has been a very good surprise in this RWC.

My preference is Michalak, because i'm french, and I support Toulouse

I'd go for Carter anyway, he always seems in complete control, while Hernandez has been unbelievably good at fly-half I still think his best position is full back. Just my views after watching they spanked us (Ireland), ah what a great world cup we had! :wall:

now Dan Carter!!! but Wilkinson is better than Carter (in general)

Well i've to say Carter but don't forget contepomi, he made great things.

now Dan Carter!!! but Wilkinson is better than Carter (in general) [/b]

I thought this was a serious thread but you must be joking Wilkinson better than Carter no way. You only need to watch the British & Irish Lions tour to NZ in 05 to see what I'm talking about.

However on current form I will admit Carter is not at his best but hopefully we'll see him pick up his game against France if not than the All Blacks might be in for a hard game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts