• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's the best Scrum-half as of early 2014 ?

eh....?

I'm not seen Paul Marsha... I mean Ruan Pienaar anywhere in this thread yez bunch of blasphemous b0ll0xes!!!

edit: Who set up the naughty name filter?!?! b_o_l_l_o_x isn't exactly what I would call post-watershed only!!!!

Neither is anything like P_i_s_s as in P*** off, P***ed off or P***ssing me off. However the naughty name filter is ******* me off.

eh....?

I'm not seen Paul Marsha... I mean Ruan Pienaar anywhere in this thread yez bunch of blasphemous b0ll0xes!!!

edit: Who set up the naughty name filter?!?! b_o_l_l_o_x isn't exactly what I would call post-watershed only!!!!
Pienaar=lols

Rory Kockott by miles, just seen a canal + doc, he hunts in SA wild boar etc and holds poisonous snakes at arms lenght (russells viper) must be the best, falls down hills and gets trees stuck in his back and he can play rugby as well, France's next World Cup scrum half, pretty boy, but hard as nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he's got a bunch of chickens. Read that in some french magazine last summer. He's a handy farm worker and loves his chickens. :p

FdP's legendary reputation- not unlike Great Cthulhu- suffers only from him being away from the scrutiny of mortals. He remains the best there is.

FdP's legendary reputation- not unlike Great Cthulhu- suffers only from him being away from the scrutiny of mortals. He remains the best there is.

what was that excerpt..."that is not dead which can eternal lie - and for strange aeons, even death may die".
and stormer, don't call his name out in vain...

f1jsk7.jpg

Here. Photoshop perfection. I had to....given the scale of the subject. Countless hours of work...

Care has easily stood out amongst the NH teams at the start of the 6N. He's so far ahead of any other NH scrum-half based on those showings, you may as well not even consider them. I'm surprised you discarded him out-of-hand.

Sorry j'nuh, really can't agree with this :p I thought he played alright in the first 2 matches, and slowly in the first half of the England v Ireland game. He's certainly not a massive distance ahead of certain scrum halves, as you put it.

For me, the SH that has really stood out and improved phenomenally is Murray. I never rated him that highly before now, but he has improved vastly in every area, from his speed of getting the ball away from the rucks to his box kick. So, in general, I would consider him to be my top scrum half based on the matches so far.

Not to mention the fantastic game Rhys Webb had on Friday, he has much potential. But I know you wrote this comment before Friday... :p

Sorry j'nuh, really can't agree with this :p I thought he played alright in the first 2 matches, and slowly in the first half of the England v Ireland game. He's certainly not a massive distance ahead of certain scrum halves, as you put it.

For me, the SH that has really stood out and improved phenomenally is Murray. I never rated him that highly before now, but he has improved vastly in every area, from his speed of getting the ball away from the rucks to his box kick. So, in general, I would consider him to be my top scrum half based on the matches so far.

Not to mention the fantastic game Rhys Webb had on Friday, he has much potential. But I know you wrote this comment before Friday... :p
After two games: Care > Murray > Rest > Doussain

After three games Care = Murray > Webb > Rest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doussain

Murray started well but made up for saving May's try by being almost completely at fault for England's try, apart from Sexton's kick off. His kicking was way off what it had been and his service was slow. Care was nothing special, better than Murray though!

Last edited:
Murray isn't even to thank for May's missed try - the guy had pretty much already lost the ball by the time Murray came in.

Last edited:

Latest posts