• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's watching via Media Zone?

J

Jimellow

I'm a relatively new fan of rugby living in America, and given the nearly non-existent coverage of the sport here, I'm really thankful and excited to watch the Rugby World Cup online through Media Zone.

The games are delayed 24 hours, but it's literally the only option available to me, and I am curious if anyone else will be watching the Ruby World Cup online via Media Zone?

24 hours of delay?

I'll be watching several live matches (the ones not shown by TF1 - french tv channel -) through Eurosport France.

24 hours of delay?
[/b]

Yes, unfortunately.

Their website states that all RWC matches are delayed 24 hours. Despite this, it still appears to be the best coverage available to those living stateside. Setanta Sports is nice, but not available from my cable provider, and rugby is non-existent on American television otherwise.

Yes, unfortunately.

Their website states that all RWC matches are delayed 24 hours. Despite this, it still appears to be the best coverage available to those living stateside. Setanta Sports is nice, but not available from my cable provider, and rugby is non-existent on American television otherwise.
[/b]

Well, I would say that you should keep searching, check if you can get Eurosport France from there, check other places.

Hi

I'm in the same case, No coverage of the world cup over here (Hawaii); I'll have to check on setanta sports, but the think is they only show a few games, not the opening game between france and Argentina for example, which is the games (France) That I'm interested in.

Please let me know the media zone website, and if somebody else has some ideas please share

will the matches shown by Eurosport and TF1 be streamed live on their websites?

Hi Eternal Idol

I found the link on the pinned subject for the IRB Media Zone, seems pretty good, but looks a little pricy, I saw that Setanta sports could also be subrscribed "broadband" and monthly, no idea about the lenght of contract and everything, anyway...I wish Eurosport or TFI could stream live on their websites....

will the matches shown by Eurosport and TF1 be streamed live on their websites?
[/b]

TF1 no idea, I've got it in the cable. The information that I gave regarding Eurosport is all about streaming but I don't know if it's available everywhere (I presume it is). Check the links and you will find not only information but also the way to know if you can see it.

I found the link on the pinned subject for the IRB Media Zone, seems pretty good, but looks a little pricy, I saw that Setanta sports could also be subrscribed "broadband" and monthly, no idea about the lenght of contract and everything, anyway...I wish Eurosport or TFI could stream live on their websites....[/b]

Check the quality of Setanta and if you can get it (I guess so), I can't talk about it because I'm in Europe and I'm not able to check it. Eurosports charges 5 euros per month and they give you Eurosport 1 and 2 in French and German (the German channel doesn't show any rugby for example) at 640x480 which is pretty good.

For Eurosport france:
http://player.eurosport.fr/

According to my Tv magazine, TV5 Monde broadcasts some matches live. You'll get french commentaries but TV5 Monde is available everywhere in the world and it's free. Don't know if you have it in your cable package.

In fact they broadcast all the France matches and the finals live.

Media Zone may seem a bit expensive, but I find that the opportunity to download and watch past games whenever you want is very nice. Even their RWC + Total Access package (access to archived and live games across all leagues) comes out to around $140 (combo deal), which is still cheaper than American sport specific subscriptions (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc.).

It provides a great opportunity for those outside the "rugby world" to experience and watch rugby. It does seem expensive, but given the lack of coverage in the States, I consider it to be well worth it, even reasonable.

mediazone is probably a good choice the quality is better than Setanta Broadband which doesn't seem to be showing the WC live online

plus you'll get all the major club competitions available live streaming or via delayed download as well

If you have satellite though I would consider Setanta Sports Channel just because of the quality - although they don't always show games live and don't show rugby everyday of the week

Media Zone may seem a bit expensive, but I find that the opportunity to download and watch past games whenever you want is very nice. Even their RWC + Total Access package (access to archived and live games across all leagues) comes out to around $140 (combo deal), which is still cheaper than American sport specific subscriptions (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc.).

It provides a great opportunity for those outside the "rugby world" to experience and watch rugby. It does seem expensive, but given the lack of coverage in the States, I consider it to be well worth it, even reasonable. [/b]

aaaaaaaah hell no.

http://130.94.23.190/navenuefinder.html

enter your zip code. find a pub.
they might charge $20 (definitely for quarterfinals, semis, and final) - but that's just the way it goes.
if the match is appearing on setanta's regular sports channel (not premium) it is free.
the bar won't charge as they want peoples to be happy and drink-drink.
also, if it's a rugby bar, they'll show replays throughout the day.

i'm sure as hell not paying 20 bucks for a pool game right now...f that

f**king Setanta - if you're in the damn pub buying drinks and food you should get to see whatever's on

internet will do for now

Problem with that is that setanta get all the cash - the pub doesn't see any of it. they have to pay to have setanta in the first place, then when a big game is on, a setanta rep comes along and collects the 20 bucks....what a horrible deal! Mate is a part owner of a bar in San Fran - he thinks it's a joke.

Problem with that is that setanta get all the cash - the pub doesn't see any of it. they have to pay to have setanta in the first place, then when a big game is on, a setanta rep comes along and collects the 20 bucks....what a horrible deal! Mate is a part owner of a bar in San Fran - he thinks it's a joke. [/b]

it is a joke - all the big upcoming weekend games at the pub here in DC require the $20 fee - the only games right now that are free are the 'minnow' games

and i'd really liked to have watched England - South Africa out instead of at my computer