• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will the All Blacks be in the game ?

This sucks. I hope the all blacks give HB some licensing as well.
I was wondering the same thing as well.. But if does come down to New Zealand being captained by "Ronald McCrow" a edit mode would definitely become handy.

Would be funny hearing the commentary saying the unusual names...

As long as we can edit players, it should be fine.

I don't think it will be fine if you like listening to the commentators refer to the players by their names.

Unless they put in a large list of surnames you could select from so the commentators can refer to them by what you've selected it would end up being fine. As it would sound stupid hearing the commentators calling McCaw, McCrow or whatever...

Or they may just end up referring to the players by their positions which would end up saving alot of money and time for commentary.

I like hearing the commentators call out the players names, it adds to the whole experience.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure on how lisencing works but with Sidhe having the lincences on the All Blacks and Wallabies, if HB buy the lisence for the RWC, Tri Nations are they allowed to used all the teams in the tournament? I'd think this is how it would work, it would just be they can't use it outside of the tournament (friendlies, ect.).

Why am I thinking that both are going to have some decent parts and some very crappy parts. And that if they would both be comibined they would be an awesome game...

It appears that Rugby Challenge has the edge. Got screen shots and all, that look awsome. I am hoping this will bring the best out of the competing companies.

that really sucks man... im all about authenticity. Robbie Maccaw just doesn't cut it for me

I dont see it being a problem at all. Honestly, I dont. Pro Evo has so few licences compared to FIFA, yet it has an extensive editing/modding mode. Thats all HB has to do. Follow the Pro Evo route and they will be fine.

Exclusive rights to the AB's and Wallabies (the top rated teams in the world) is pretty hard to compete with but if Rugby 2012 has those same rights to the 6 nations teams it could be right back in front...
I'm really surprised that we haven't heard anything new about Rugby 2012 since another game was announced...

Will be interesting to see how HB reply to this news of licensing
The TRF should pose the questions at hand, now that another player has come to the table
It wont make much difference to me…the cricket games have had this problem.
In fact from my past experience the unofficially licenced games have had the better product
Codemasters v EA Cricket
NFK 2K v Madden
Pro Evo v Fifa back on the ps2 days
All sports games should have an unprecendented level of customisation to start with, so all the players can make the game suit to their liking
Not being able to change a teams name is a joke, its my game, let me do what I want with it

Far Rugby challenge better be good if they getting all the license

We have no idea if they have any more licenses at all, it's just speculation to say that they do or don't. So, let's just wait and see, huh?

Well this sucks whoever gave Sidhe exclusive rights needs an uppercut jeez have they not seen Sidhe ***les they suck and budget not to mention the crappy gameplay, Stuff rugby challenge... I know which game i'll be buying.....

I see some TRF members are there, further encouraging this madness, might as well make two games, one for each hemisphere

I urge the mods to use the ban hammer

yea the last rugby challenge had probably the worst gameplay in a sports ***le for the past decade!

Latest posts