• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will the All Blacks be in the game ?

Ya, there are so many loop-holes when it comes to licensing anything. I am not to worried, becuase bullitt said it right - "Until he says they have the exclusive World Cup lisence" - it means that HB could get world cup rights, which would allow them to have the AB in the game with out breaking any rules that Sidhe have.

True? would that include player likeness?

Said by Mario:

No other game outside Rugby Challenge can have the All Blacks, Wallabies, Super Rugby, or ITM Cup teams or any associated player names, player likenesses, uniforms, logos, and trophies.

Ya, there are so many loop-holes when it comes to licensing anything. I am not to worried, becuase bullitt said it right - "Until he says they have the exclusive World Cup lisence" - it means that HB could get world cup rights, which would allow them to have the AB in the game with out breaking any rules that Sidhe have.

It doesn't work that way.

It did when it came to Ricky Ponting's International Cricket 2007 or whatever it was, whereby the normal teams had ridiculous names like B.Leap and M.Clock, but in the World Cup mode everything was licenced. The same thing happened in EA's Cricket 2007 in the "Ashes" mode.

Until he says they have the exclusive World Cup lisence - Which is a whole new kettle of fish - I would take that with a pinch of salt for now.

Besides, by the looks of what he's said, so far you'll be playing against Walkinson, O'Drascoll, Steeen & Walliams.

Haha I love the way you came up with a cracker of a name for Steyn. Lol ;)

It did when it came to Ricky Ponting's International Cricket 2007 or whatever it was, whereby the normal teams had ridiculous names like B.Leap and M.Clock, but in the World Cup mode everything was licenced. The same thing happened in EA's Cricket 2007 in the "Ashes" mode.

Unfortunately, the IRB isn't the ICC. In Rugby 08, the World Cup was licensed yet didn't include the licensing for Portugal or some of the Pacific Island nations

A new rugby game without the all blacks? Are are you kidding me? thats like... the stupidest queastion ever.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that HB can use the first name of New Zealand's players so that at least we can quickly figure out who is who if we get an edit mode that is.
Richie McCrow, Dan Crater etc wouldn't be so bad.

As I've said previously, Richie McCaw and Robert McCaw both have the same initial.

If HB happened to make Robert McCaw the "New Zealand" openside flanker and only write their names in initials as R. McCaw - And for that matter the "New Zealand" team happen to use an entirely black uniform - well Wow! That's just an Extrordinary co-incidence.

As I've said previously, Richie McCaw and Robert McCaw both have the same initial.

If HB happened to make Robert McCaw the "New Zealand" openside flanker and only write their names in initials as R. McCaw - And for that matter the "New Zealand" team happen to use an entirely black uniform - well Wow! That's just an Extrordinary co-incidence.
That is a great point actually. Hope HB actually take that on board. That means that if a good edit mode is implemented then we can change their hair, body proportions and accessories where needed. :D

Surely this works exactly like it does with Fifa/Pro Evo. Rugby Challenge may have the naming rights to the ITM Cup and the All Blacks, but it doesn't stop HB from including them with slightly different names. I highly doubt anyone would make a rugby game without NZ in it!

The guy in charge is an Ozzy! Wouldnt suprise me!

I dare you play Rugby Challenge 2006 from Ubisoft, they didn't had any licensing and they made it just like that. The NZ logo was a kiwi bird, and the faces were all the same.
As much as I tried to overlook it, these things were always present and shadowing in the overall game experience. It didn't blend in the rugby atmosphere

Oh, and it had terrible gameplay, but that's an other story.

I dare you play Rugby Challenge 2006 from Ubisoft, they didn't had any licensing and they made it just like that. The NZ logo was a kiwi bird, and the faces were all the same.
As much as I tried to overlook it, these things were always present and shadowing in the overall game experience. It didn't blend in the rugby atmosphere

Oh, and it had terrible gameplay, but that's an other story.

They didn't even make an effort slightly changing the names, you had random made up names. Not even a Dan Carver in sight.... but then again they really did focus on NH sides, only game to have celtic league licence.

HB have been making games for some time now, I'm sure we can have faith in their judgement how to get round it (if theres anything to actually get round - nothing announced of rugby 2012 yet so we may have a shock :O :O)

that's ACTUALLY Richie's cousin... he plays for Waihora in Christchurch.

HB have been making games for some time now, I'm sure we can have faith in their judgement how to get round it (if theres anything to actually get round - nothing announced of rugby 2012 yet so we may have a shock :O :O)

Yeah, HB has a lot of experience in rugby games, but imagine that this is the first time when they compete with another studio. I don't think they'll be able to get around the licensing problem this time.

Yer, I saw that to and although I'm most likely to buy both games I would rather Challenge over 2012. I also think it'll be like PES ans Fifa atleast I hope so

Yeah, HB has a lot of experience in rugby games, but imagine that this is the first time when they compete with another studio. I don't think they'll be able to get around the licensing problem this time.

Apart from Swordfish. And Codemasters. And EA Canada. And Cyanide. And Sidhe. And Big Ant. And all the others.

Latest posts