• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will the All Blacks be in the game ?

Apart from Swordfish. And Codemasters. And EA Canada. And Cyanide. And Sidhe. And Big Ant. And all the others.

I think he was talking about the first time competing with a rugby game, I don't remember the last time Codemasters or Big Ant made a rugby game.

Rugby_Challenge_2006.jpg
vs
256px-Rugby_06_boxshot.jpg
vs
927197_69716_front.jpg

All 2005 ***les. HB wiped the floor.

By your own definition, RL2 doesn't count.

By my definition, yes. However by the definition of the games industry - no: I remember in the Official Playstation mag they kept going on about Jonny Wilkinson and 2003 to review Rugby League 2 because they didn't know the difference.

By my definition, yes. However by the definition of the games industry - no: I remember in the Official Playstation mag they kept going on about Jonny Wilkinson and 2003 to review Rugby League 2 because they didn't know the difference.
Ouch.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they can pit together without an EA budget...

well, they have to find a publisher in the end. HB doesn't have the organic and physical means necessary to handle publishing.

IGN's review of Rugby League Live said that they were disappointed that you couldn't contest in the scrums, they obviously don't know the difference. Pretty embaressing that. LOL

hahahaahhaa.... I honestly think the scrums in rugby league are a waste of bloody time and should be removed from the game...

I've grown up on the NFL Games from EA such as Madden and they had plenty of competition and each was able to have exclusive lisencing. I'm no legal eagle but in the US the NFL, MLB, and NBA have some way of using exclusive lisencing to protect the product and yet still allow ESPN, EA, and others game makers to have the offical teams and players. Gameplay is the main issue here because before I found TRF I was playing Rugby 08 with real time Super Rugby Teams i just had to spend hours upon hours in the roster managment and create a player screens.

hahahaahhaa.... I honestly think the scrums in rugby league are a waste of bloody time and should be removed from the game...

scrums in league is meant to just separate the backs from the forwards to give the backs a go at running around and doing there set plays and what not, you can, and i have, contested in real league unless the rules have changed over the past couple of years even if 9 times out of 10 you wont win it

scrums in league is meant to just separate the backs from the forwards to give the backs a go at running around and doing there set plays and what not, you can, and i have, contested in real league unless the rules have changed over the past couple of years even if 9 times out of 10 you wont win it
They haven't,
I've seen it happen in my team, but you can only do it once per match, because after that they're ready for it

rugby challenge seems to have everything we have asked for in rugby 2012 but hb not giving us anything are they worried or have they no liences at all
What are the key features of Rugby Challenge?

Some features of “Rugby Challenge†include
  • the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup, and Investec Super Rugby amongst other licensed teams and competitions
  • multiplayer online play
  • multi-year franchise mode
  • extensive customisation options
  • Create and customise players, teams, and competitions
  • dynamic real-time commentary featuring 2 known commentators

IGN's review of Rugby League Live said that they were disappointed that you couldn't contest in the scrums, they obviously don't know the difference. Pretty embaressing that. LOL
After reading the review they know the difference. In League you can contest scrums, it is just that the rules make it easy for the team who is feeding the ball to win the scrum. They even say, "Which may be fair enough given that scrums are so rarely won against the feed in the modern game".

After reading the review they know the difference. In League you can contest scrums, it is just that the rules make it easy for the team who is feeding the ball to win the scrum. They even say, "Which may be fair enough given that scrums are so rarely won against the feed in the modern game".

Yea, I read that quote actually but I took it as they were referring to Rugby Union and being mixed up. I never knew you could actually contest scrums in RL. They say you learn something new every day ;)

Latest posts