• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

Great day at Wimbledon yesterday. 15 year old Gauff beating 39 year old Venus on court 1. I was on Centre and could hear the cheering.

On Centre Novak looks in pretty ominous form and looks favourite to pick up his 5th ***le, especially with Zverev and Tsitsipas both losing in his half of the draw. Hoping Félix Auger Aliassime comes through to meet Novak in round 4. Also saw Osaka go out and Edmund go through in straights.

Last edited:
I think Wimbledon can only improve on last season, new keeper already on board, hope Sibbick doesn't leave, real talent, even if we can replicate the second half of last season mid table should be comfortable

Womble till i Die! COYD's!

....oop's...wrong Wimbledon

So Andy Murray and Serena confirmed for the mixed doubles. Nice bit of PR for both.

I'm no Kyrgios fan, but he's dead right there.

But not in the language he's using between games.

Pretty good match between Rafa and Nick. A bit of feistiness in the match because neither like each other. Makes a nice change as the big four have been too nice to each other over the years.

Maro and Eddie Jones on Centre court today watching.

Manic Monday. Only Barty as world number 1 going out caused a murmur. Konta besting Kvitova was a good win. Great chance to get to the semis. But looking like Serena's to lose.

No Real surprises in the men's. Top 3 getting through their matches in 3 straight. Currently watching Raonic v Pella in the fifth set. Hoping we see the first 12-12 tie break.

And of course the story of the tournament Coco Gauff sadly ended.

I don't like words like choker, but how else to explain Konta?

Not a grand slam champion, but few players are. I liked how she answered back the journalist who patronized her though.

Last edited:
And so Roger v Rafa for a fourth time at Wimbledon after their last meeting 11 years ago and arguably the Greatest match of all time. Amazing how these two and Novak have taken the sport to a whole new level.

Pleasure to watch these two old warriors play again at Wimbledon. Sweet revenge for 2008.

Great to see Serena lose. God she's an awful person.

Halep was excellent, as expected.

Serena was comprehensively outplayed by Halep today. Thoroughly deserved first Wimbledon for the Romanian. She just got so many balls back and her deep ground strokes just took so much of Serena's time away and Williams' lack of mobility was really exposed. Serena was just shellshocked at Halep's level. That's now the third straight slam final where she's been well beaten.

Yeah Serena lost a huge amount of respect and goodwill with her US Open outburst. She even brought it up before the final saying her punishment for it was out of order and saying she needed to therapy to get over it.

I'm still surprised she wasn't barred from playing at an elite level for a few months or a year. You can't abuse an Umpire like she did. She's a clown.

Latest posts