• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Women drivers in action!

M

melon

<iframe src="http://www.snotr.com/embed/2232" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I love it when she manages to roll the car in the driveway!!!

Honestly, i don't understand sometimes.

Out at the mines though, the best haul truck drivers are women surprisingly :p

I'll agree that there are many bad drivers out there who are female, but the cliché that all women are bad drivers, or all bad drivers are women, is exaggerating things :)

Nothing to do with the video itself: I don't think I've ever heard a disneytune being maimed like that before.

I think women have the problem of having the indecisiveness and non-confidence in their own ability (which makes for poor judgement and it'll be ok attitude) and with men is the over exaggeration of their ability (which makes them think they can pull off cocky stunts)

Kinda agree with Fa'atau. In the long run, with so many idiotic male drivers on the road, I think men are worse drivers. Most women I know drive sensibly, which causes less accidents etc. but they do manage to do more 'stupid' little things. My opinion might be slightly scewed though, as I've grown up with mostly farmer's sons who begin driving at the age of ~10 and therefore are intinctively better drivers. i.e. not breaking on ice, avoiding accidents by realising their/the other car won't stop and letting off the brakes and swerving instead. I find I do these things without thinking. I've managed to avoid a bus, a d*ck head cutting a corner and my uncle (the uncle one was my fault that taught me an important lesson early on, 25mph is too fast round a corner on a single track road.

I also find most drivers pretty poor at reversing, constantly going to one side and needing to staighten up. Driving a tractor on my dad's farm (where you tend to spend almost as much time going backwards as you do forwards, they even go the same speed forewards and backwards) does make it second nature to me though.

That video was hilarious btw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 5 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think women have the problem of having the indecisiveness and non-confidence in their own ability (which makes for poor judgement and it'll be ok attitude) and with men is the over exaggeration of their ability (which makes them think they can pull off cocky stunts)[/b]

I messed up quite a few times while learning to drive too, and I sometimes still do, mostly at parking in the dark because I have poor night vision, but I noticed that each time I got a "Never mind, it's a girl driving, we'll just sit, wait and look superior" look, my confidence crumbled. Which means I now avoid parking whenever someone is on the street or in the car with me. So maybe women have less confidence in their own driving skills because of clichés about their driving skills and scepticism among men, each mistake they make (and come on, everyone makes mistakes while learning to drive!) seems like an affirmation of their incompetence when it comes to driving, and in the end they start believing in this incompetence.

Statistics gathered by insurance companies show that women are involved in less accidents than men, and that the accidents woman are involved in are usually less bad, with less victims involved. So dullonien is right in that respect.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 5 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Feb 5 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing to do with the video itself: I don't think I've ever heard a disneytune being maimed like that before.[/b]

Disney? Try the Hamsterdance
[/b][/quote]

Someone has never watched the animated version of Robin Hood. [/childhood reference]

The music was composed by Roger Miller for the 1973 Walt Disney version of Robin Hood as Saintsfan already said :) I think that particular song is Whistle Stop, though I could be mistaken on the ***le, the film starts with it. I don't think I've ever met anyone (knowingly) who didn't spend their childhood watching all Disney Classics :p

(Bit of a Disney nut, I have most songs, and I don't hesitate playing them in public XD)

i burst out laughing when the lady rolled the car xD

but not all of us female drivers are that horrid :p

Latest posts