• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Kits, Shirts, Jersey...

I feel sorry for Adidas.
But South Africa have got a cracking kit. I saw that quite a few months ago and i really liked it back then, only i'm not too keen on the ozzie ones.
[/b]

Uh?? :wacko:

Is it just me, or aren't the Saffer and Auzzie kits exactly the same, but with different colours??

Yeah, I see what you're saying with regards to marketing, but the problem remains that they are called the "All Blacks"... because that's what they are... It would just never work. I personally like the fact that they pretty much the only constant in world rugby (in more ways than one).

and anyway they do sort of cater to marketing need anyway by changing the designs of their training jerseys and tracksuits etc. [/b]

Good point, well made.

<div class='quotemain'> I feel sorry for Adidas.
But South Africa have got a cracking kit. I saw that quite a few months ago and i really liked it back then, only i'm not too keen on the ozzie ones.
[/b]

Uh?? :wacko:

Is it just me, or aren't the Saffer and Auzzie kits exactly the same, but with different colours??
[/b][/quote]

Yes, but i think the SA colours suit it, the ozzies yellow colour doesn't really look that good.
But that's just my opinion.

France :
4956.jpg
4956B.jpg

Angleterre :
2582-eng-home-rwc.jpg

2583-eng-away-rwc.jpg

Argentine :
argentina-home-ss-0708.jpg

South Africa, England, Australia, Scotland and whoever else have those similar looking kits are wearing a visual mind f***. I seriously do not like these.

I like Argentina's jersey though :D

Is that yellow on the Scotland jersey? It would look fine (actually quite nice) without that bit.

New Scotland shirt will be the same design as South Africa but in Blue and White. I've seen it, one of members at Currie is the SRU video anaylis dude. It's nice in the flesh, no yellow. I'm surprised we're changing kits so soon. Usually we wear a shirt for 3 years. The away shirt is also being replaced and the current one was only introduced last summer. Madness, I tell thee.

hey whats going on with the england away top?
is the left arm red or white?

2583-eng-away-rwc.jpg

check out the getty site and the jersey lauch photos. the away kit looks like this:

rwc_eng_a.jpg

THE Wallabies are to rattle rugby traditionalists by wearing a radical World Cup jersey with "spiderweb" grip panels.

Whats with the bra-like grip panels? :huh: .... apart from that it's not too bad, could be worse...

[/b]

Yeah it could be worse because why would they make grip panels across the chest and over the shoulders? It's just creating a more possible chance for the tacklers to bring them down by just simply getting a grip on them.

i understand that it has a lot to do with peak performance, and body temp control, and also making the players more slick and harder to pull down by the jersey, but seriously... i f***ing hate the gay tight jerseys. and Australia had one of the few semi-normal jerseys left... but i just saw our jersey this morning.. seriously, what kid would buy that jersey to wear around.. i certainly wouldnt..
i guess i'll have to hold onto all my old footy jerseys just because they will be a thing of the past.. all the new jerseys just look like special t-shirts..
SOOOO ****!!

They're great to play in. Although I love the old big cotton jerseys is that when it was wet they'd weigh a tonne!

Sorry if this has already been posted, i think it looks oretty nice:
[/b]

Nah mate I'm sure nobody has, it's the first time I've seen the Tongan 07 jersey. It's quite the same style as Samoa's with those patterns wrapping the arms. Good find :D . So far I like the Los Pumas jerseys the best. ;)

Latest posts