• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World XV

3532819_d1ba87f6a6.jpg

You don't need 2 fetchers, but you do however need an 8. Keep McCaw (he'sthe best at what he does) and have a number 8 at number 8. Only PdV shoe-horns in players where he shouldn't; And look what that gets him.

McCaw is actually an outstanding number 8, he played there during his younger years and even captained NZ Schools from 8. Hes played there for Canterbury on occasion and should have really played there more for the All Blacks, the only problem is there is no backup 7 so hes sort of stuck there

Schwalger's not even first choice at Sale, let alone the world!

Hey I did say some arent going to be happy but not to worry its my own team and its not a real team anyway lol. I just thought Id give my team players from all over the world if I picked the worlds best 15 it'll be mainly tri nations players but yeah thats why Mahonri is in their and because hes a nice guy.

Yes, foolish! Who would want the top try scorer of the last decade to be in their team anyway?!!

David Pocock is big and athletic enough to play 8, with ritchie being the fetcher at 7

there's one on NH and SH so why not make a world XV?

what's your world XV at the moment based on form?

here's mine:

1. Ben Robinson
2. William Servat
3. Thomas Domingo
4. Victor Matfield
5. Brad Thorne
6. Rocky Elsom
7. Richie McCaw
8. David Pocock
9. Will Genia
10. Dan Carter
11. Tommy Bowe
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Jaques Fourie
14. Cory Jane
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

Filled with explosive runners, exactly what i like

1. Ben Robinson
2funny.gif

2. William Servat - William Who?

3. Thomas Domingo - Thomas Who?

8. David Pocock - At No. 8 ???

11. Tommy Bowe - second rate - I'd have Joe Rocs instead

13. Jaques Fourie - nope.... Brian O'Driscoll

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper - Nope, I'd have Lee Byrne

The rest I have no problem with

Why didn't you pick a bench as well

bowe second rate!!!!! the man scores tries at will he is a better more explosive runner than bod now he may not be best in the world in his position but he is dam close

1. Ben Robinson
2funny.gif

2. William Servat - William Who?

3. Thomas Domingo - Thomas Who?

8. David Pocock - At No. 8 ???

11. Tommy Bowe - second rate - I'd have Joe Rocs instead

13. Jaques Fourie - nope.... Brian O'Driscoll

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper - Nope, I'd have Lee Byrne

The rest I have no problem with

Why didn't you pick a bench as well

guessing you dont watch rugby enough if you don't know who william servat and thomas domingo are and Tommy Bowe is a world class winger a lot better then rococoko in my opinion, BOD's getting old just doesnt have the pace as he used to. Adam Ashley Cooper is a superb fullback, also he's a great runner with the ball, secure under the high ball and a great kicker. Lee Byrne has been useless this year

Servat is a fooking great hooker.

Also Explosive Domingo is a loosehead.

Last edited:
Servat is one of the most underrated hooker's in the world. Had it not been for Ibanez he would have played more for France than he has already.

Lee Byrne is never useless. He's just been less amazing than he usually is.

that may be the only mistake i have and ever will see smartcooky make

guessing you dont watch rugby enough if you don't know who william servat and thomas domingo are and Tommy Bowe is a world class winger a lot better then rococoko in my opinion, BOD's getting old just doesnt have the pace as he used to. Adam Ashley Cooper is a superb fullback, also he's a great runner with the ball, secure under the high ball and a great kicker. Lee Byrne has been useless this year

Actually I do know who Servat and Domingo are, I was just making a point!

Firstly, picking a World XV (at least for me anyway) is not necessarily about lining up the best players in the world in each position, its about picking a balanced side. I would have Lee Byrne at fullback in that side you have chosen, because he;
1. is a good backline organiser
2. is good under the high ball
3. is a reliable defender and a good tackler
4. takes good options with he ball in hand
5. is generally calm under pressure

Essentially, Byrne ticks all the right boxes for what I want in a fullback.

Tommy Bowe ticks some boxes too, but I find him to be too hot headed for my liking. The first thing that comes to mind for me is that dumb penalty try he gave away against the All Blacks in 2008, at a vital time just before the break when the game was all square. He effectively undid all the good work Ireland did up to that point. Apparently, he has done this sort of thing before and since. I can think of five left wings in Super 14 I'd have in my team ahead of Bowe. In no particular order...Joe Rokocoko, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Drew Mitchell and Sitiveni Sivivatu.

EDIT: Picking a theoretical side like a World XV is about opinions as much as anything else... there is no right or wrong, and our team is never going to play anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts