08. Sergio Parisse (ITL)
07. Thierry Dusautoir (FRA)
06. Juan-Martin Fernandez-Lobbe (ARG)
05. Simon Shaw (ENG)
04. Nathan Hines (SCO)
03. Tomokazu Soma (JAP)
02. Mahonri Schwalger (SAM)
01. Scott Franklin (CAN)
I can only presume you were trying to pick a team using as many countries as possible. Either way I don't think you've got a case for any of those forwards except Number 8, and the backline looks average. Vunga Lilo best 14 in the world? For a start, he's a fullback.
Gurthro Steenkamp
Ross Ford
Owen Franks
Bakkies Botha
Ali Williams
Schalk Burger
Richie Mccaw
Sergio Parisse
Ben Youngs
Dan Carter
Rupeni Caucaunibuca
Conrad Smith
Mat Giteau
Shane Williams
Ben Foden
If I had to pick a worse team, this one wins it. Ed Fairhurst cloned 15 times would destroy this team. Guthro Steenkamp has no case to be the best loosehead in the world and was dominated often against the AB's (especially in the first match), Ross Ford wouldn't be in most top 10 hookers at the moment, Owen Franks (good, but has not shown why he is better than Hayman, Adam Jones etc), Bakkies Botha...I can only take that as a joke, Ali Williams hasn't played in almost a year because of injury, Schulk Burger is an openside flanker, good call, good call, Ben Youngs better than Genia...come on, good call on Carter, Caucau is now 110kgs and playing centre, Conrad Smith is not and never has been a 12, Mat Giteau is not and has never been a 13, Shane Williams is alright, a bit of a stretch to say best winger at the moment but it's a reasonable call, Ben Foden better than Mils, Jane, Dagg, AAC...

15 Ed Fairhurst
14 Ed Fairhurst
13 Ed Fairhurst
12 Ed Fairhurst
11 Ed Fairhurst
10 Ed Fairhurst
9 Ed Fairhurst
8 Ed Fairhurst
7 Ed Fairhurst
6 Ed Fairhurst
5 Ed Fairhurst
4 Ed Fairhurst
3 carl hayman
2 keven mealamu (front row is here to make Ed Fairhurst look even better)
1 gethin jenkins
No gripes with this. Look at his wikipedia page, TRF clearly thinks he is the best player in the world.

Picking a theoretical side like a World XV is about opinions as much as anything else... there is no right or wrong, and our team is never going to play anyway.
There are wrong opinions, they're the ones that differ from my own.

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of World XV's. As mentioned, they're all opinion based, and as such there is really no right or wrong as such. I just don't understand how people who watch rugby often, could compose some of these lists.

Last edited:
Ben Robinson
William Servat
Carl Hayman
Victor Matfield
Brad Thorn
Rocky Elsom
David Pocock
Jamie Heaslip
Wil Ginea
Dan Carter
Corey Jane
Ma'a Nonu
Jaque Fourie
Tommy Bowe
Ben Foden/Adam Ashley Cooper. Israel Dagg - Maybe after a few more tests

I can only presume you were trying to pick a team using as many countries as possible. Either way I don't think you've got a case for any of those forwards except Number 8, and the backline looks average.

Yeah definately If I picked the worlds best 15 (in my opinion) most of them would be from the tri nations, so I didnt want to do that for my world team. Besides their is no right or wrong team its entirely up to the person and its funny how people get 'grumpy' at made up teams that dont exist lol.

Its good to have a player from every country to represent the world of rugby, imagine rugby was only played by NZ, AUS and SAF...that would suck especially for NZ considering its their number 1 game. So my team pays respect to maybe not all the rugby nations but undoubtedly the best nations, after all without those other countries rugby would be small time like lacrosse or something like that.

Once more who goes out and criticizes other peoples 'fantasy/not real' teams? Yes it is a forum but do you think critical remarks help your point get across?...and if its a fantasy team is it even worth it?...dam.

Last edited:
There are wrong opinions, they're the ones that differ from my own.

As mentioned, they're all opinion based, and as such there is really no right or wrong as such. I just don't understand how people who watch rugby often, could compose some of these lists.

HMMM????....ookay lol.

That might make a good signature, just joking lol.

Last edited:
I don't think you've got a case for any of those forwards except Number 8
You don't think Dusautoir and Fernandez-Lobbe are amongst the best players in the world in their position?

You don't think Dusautoir and Fernandez-Lobbe are amongst the best players in the world in their position?

I honestly dont think either of them have a claim to be in the world XV ..Dussatoir is good very good but nowhere near as good as pockock and certainly not Mccaw ....lobbe i just dont see what people see in him..

HMMM????....ookay lol.

That might make a good signature, just joking lol.

The initial comment was a joke, the second comment was serious...Didn't think I'd have to explain that...

If they did make a World XV for some reason, say Mars are looking for a match, what colour jersey would you put Earth's XV in?

If they did make a World XV for some reason, say Mars are looking for a match, what colour jersey would you put Earth's XV in?

Blue and Green. Mars would play in red, if they could field a team, which is doubtful.

I've heard their Heat Ray is pretty lethal mind..

Yeah, but the IRB wouldn't be too thrilled with them using it. That's the interplanetary rugby board by the way.

If I were the coach I just send out a 2nds team. Or maybe a 3rds, give Pierre Spies a look in. I'd save my quality players for the big Jupiter match

True that, Spies is only effictive on hard ground, something you aren't going to find on the gas giant. Odds are he wouldn't even make it into the thirds anyway.

Latest posts