• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World XV

You're both wrong, its Sheeerrrriiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Adam Jones at 3 surely.

This is my world 15 not many people are going to like it but hey, its mine lol.

15. Adam Ashleigh-Cooper (AUS)
14. Vunga Lilo (TGA)
13. Brian O'Driscoll (IRE)
12. Jamie Roberts (WAL)
11. Napolioni Nalaga (FJI)
10. Dan Carter (NZL)
09. Fourie Du Preez (SAF)
08. Sergio Parisse (ITL)
07. Thierry Dusautoir (FRA)
06. Juan-Martin Fernandez-Lobbe (ARG)
05. Simon Shaw (ENG)
04. Nathan Hines (SCO)
03. Tomokazu Soma (JAP)
02. Mahonri Schwalger (SAM)
01. Scott Franklin (CAN)

This team looks good on paper, but in real life. . .uhm . . . in fact on paper it sucks too.

Here's the Sydney Morning Herald's Rugby Heaven sites, World 15 of the week, picked after the second week of the Autumn Internationals

1/ Andrew Sheridan (ENG)
2/ Bismarck du Plessis (RSA)
3/ Owen Franks (NZ)
4/ Courtney Lawes (ENG)
5/ Victor Matfield (RSA)
6/ Tom Croft (ENG)
7/ Ritchie Macaw (NZ)
8/ Nick Easter (ENG)
9/ Ben Youngs (ENG)
10/ Toby Flood (ENG)
11/ Hosea Gear (NZ)
12/ Sonny-Bill Williams (NZ)
13/ Conrad Smith (NZ)
14/ Chris Aston (Eng)
15/ Kurtley Beale (Aus)

Andrew Sheridan again?!
If anything put Woodcock at 1 and Cole at 3

Not often you see 7/15 players English, especially in a SH paper :p

We will have to pick a white-skinned side for the game against the sun (the black skin attracts too much heat) but we will then need a black-skinned side for the game against the Ice Warriors (Pluto). so we need two world xv's

Andrew Sheridan again?!
If anything put Woodcock at 1 and Cole at 3

Not often you see 7/15 players English, especially in a SH paper :p

Haha... yeah I know what you mean ... it's been a while since there's been no Cooper or Genia or Pocock or Elsom or Giteau ... or Carter for that matter

... I think the last one of these teams that I saw them pick was the Tri-Nations one, and they picked players out of position for that one.

I know that they used to pick World XV to play against nations celebrating Centenaries etc ... I wonder when the last one played

There have been a number of incarnations of a World XV:
A World XV played against South Africa in 1977, losing 45-24. World XVs lost two further games against Argentina - 36–22 in 1980, and 28–20 in 1983. At this time, before the inception of regular international competitions, both Argentina and apartheid-era South Africa struggled to organise matches against other major rugby countries.
In 1986, to celebrate the centenary of the International Rugby Board ( IRB ), a Rest of the World XV played the British Lions, winning 15-7 at Cardiff Arms Park.
In 1989 a World XV, sanctioned by the IRB and funded by South African Breweries, played two tests against South Africa in 1989 in celebration of the centenary of the South African Rugby Board ( SARB ). The Springboks won both, by 20-19 at Newlands Stadium in Cape Town and the second test 22-16 on September 2nd at Ellis Park in Johannesburg .
To mark the centenary of the New Zealand Rugby Union in 1992, New Zealand played 3 matches against a World XV, winning the series 2-1 after losing the opening game.[1]
An All-Stars team were a team included on the video game World Championship Rugby, this featured the best players on the game. This is probably in reference to the World XV.
In May and June 2006 a World XV, sponsored by South African company Steinhoff Holdings and coached by Bob Dwyer, played three games - against Saracens in London, then against South Africa at Ellis Park and Western Province XV at Newlands. The latter match was a testimonial for former South Africa captain Corné Krige, who led the Western Province side. In December 2006, again coached by Dwyer, a Steinhoff-backed World XV played a South Africa XV at Walkers Stadium in Leicester, losing 32-7. This game was to mark the centenary of South Africa's overseas tours.
In May 2008 a 'Justin Marshall World XV' played a 'Shane Williams Grand Slam team', losing 65-57. This game was part of Williams' testimonial season.
In July 2008 an IRB-sanctioned World XV were beaten 60-26 by a Coronation Tongan XV in a game to celebrate the coronation of Tonga's King George Tupou V. The World XV was captained by former Wales captain Colin Charvis and included players from Australia, England, Fiji, New Zealand, Samoa and Wales.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_XV

Last edited:
Ahh I think this thread is about making up your own fantasy world 15 not about the actual world 15. It really doesnt matter what team you put down because they aint playing anyway so...yeah lol.

Not much to say about the actual world 15 anyway as its always seen as a fun game.

Think the Marshall and Williams game was probably good to watch.

It was ok, if not a little boring due to the lack of intensity, looked little more than a training session tbh. Shane skinned Marshall and the majority of the 'World XV' to win the match with practically the last move of the game. Can't remember why I was in Cardiff that day, but a few of us decided to go watch the game anyhow, didn't cost much, so was a good laugh.

Only using players from the Autumn Internationals.
Not too strong on forwards so don't pay as much attention to them.

1)Gethin Jenkins (Wales)
2)Kevin Mealamu (New Zealand)
3)Tendai Mtawarira (South Africa)
4)Sam Whitelock (New Zealand)
5)Victor Matfield (South Africa)
6)Rocky Elsom (Australia)
7)David Pokock (Australia)
8)Kieran Reed (New Zealand)

9)Ben Youngs (England)
10)Quade Cooper (Australia)
11)Hosea Gear (New Zealand)
12)Shontayne Hape (England)
13)Sonny-Bill Williams (New Zealand)
14)Chris Ashton (England)
15)Kurtley Beale (Australia)

Last edited:

1)Gethin Jenkins (Wales)

9)Ben Youngs (England)

Ah C'MON!!!

1)Gethin Jenkins (Wales)

9)Ben Youngs (England)

no just no

Hape ha ha

from autumn internationals:

1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Dylan Hartley
3.Dan Cole
4.Coutney Lawes
5.Brad thorn
6.Richie McCaw
7.David Pocock
8.Nick Easter
9.Ben youngs
10.Quade Cooper
11.Chris Ashton
12.Nonu
13.Sonny-Bill Williams
14.James O'Conner
15.Kurtley Beal

Who do you guys think should coach such a side? I say Jake White.

Last edited:

Latest posts