• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World XV

Mars's team has struggled in recent years. They haven't fielded a team worth mentioning in quite a while, so it's safe to say that Earth will win 12+. Dan Carter or even Morne Steyn could really take advantage of the low gravity when goal kicking, so I think you can expect plenty of long range penalty kicks and drop goals.

Of course, you will have heard by now that the Martians are planning to build a new "legacy" stadium.

Here is the site of the new Vastitas Borealis Crater Stadium, located in Mars' north polar region. Its 34 kilometres wide and 1.9 kilometres deep, with a projected seating capacity of 18,275,521.

Mars_Ice_craterSMALL.jpg

The MRU are hoping to have it ready for the 2119 Rugby Solar System Cup.

The design architect intends to make good use of the shape of the natural terrain, and had hoped for a "waterfront" design, but after much consideration and debate, it was decided that the cost of freighting in 135,000,000,000,000,000,000 litres of water from Earth was prohibitive.

It is planned for each seat to be equipped with a 30cm alt-azimuth mounted astronomical telescope so that patrons can watch the game from their seating position 17 kilometres from the sideline.

Geez this Mars vs Earth thing has certainly created some interest.

It is planned for each seat to be equipped with a 30cm alt-azimuth mounted astronomical telescope so that patrons can watch the game from their seating position 17 kilometres from the sideline.

So it'll just be like every other modern stadium then?

So it'll just be like every other modern stadium then?

You're onto it Haysie. That comment was a subtle swipe at modern stadium design.

Gimme Coach Mitchell's "proper rectangular stadium" any day of the week!!

1. Ben Robinson
2funny.gif

2. William Servat - William Who?

3. Thomas Domingo - Thomas Who?

8. David Pocock - At No. 8 ???

11. Tommy Bowe - second rate - I'd have Joe Rocs instead

13. Jaques Fourie - nope.... Brian O'Driscoll

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper - Nope, I'd have Lee Byrne

The rest I have no problem with

Why didn't you pick a bench as well

Lee Byrne in the team LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I don't know how to start a new thread (noob) so forgive me for hijacking yours Explosive Winger.

Who would make your 'Massively Overrated' XV?

1) Matt Dunning
2)Stephen Moore
3)Andre Sheridan
4)Brad Thorne
5)James Horwill
6)David Pocock
7)Richie McCaw
8)TOUTAI KEFU
9)Will Genia
10)Toby Flood
11)Drew Mitchell
12)Berrick Barnes