• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World's best scrum half

On super 14 form its Januarie>Kockett>Du Preez
[/b]
I won't argue with that; from what I saw, Du Preez was pretty ordinary in the S14. I'd still pick him though if I had a choice of the three as he's a class above the others when on his game.

On super 14 form its Januarie>Kockett>Du Preez [/b]

Yea i agree with that as well, i do like Rory Kockett a lot.. another scrum half i like a lot, nowhere near international standard but im surpised he hasnt had more opportunity is JP Joubert, i really enjoy watching him in the Currie Cup, he has an excellent pass and his running is class.. I guess it doesnt help having the best of the best in front of you at the Blue Bulls (Du Preez)

On form I'd have to vote Peel. Although i do love watching Giteau play 9, but we'll leave him out of this one

no doubt du preez is the best even though injured
[/b]
I'm sure he'd win any 9 battles against the best 9's in the World while carrying an injury... <_<

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I'm sure he'd win any 9 battles against the best 9's in the World while carrying an injury... <_< [/b][/quote]
I think he actually wouldjava script:emoticon(

Who are the other best 9's in the world after him?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I'm sure he'd win any 9 battles against the best 9's in the World while carrying an injury... <_< [/b][/quote]
I think he actually wouldjava script:emoticon(

Who are the other best 9's in the world after him?
[/b][/quote]
Mike Blair and Kelleher. No-one else really... There's not a chance in hell he'd go into a game carrying a serious injury and out-do one of them...

All of your suggestions suck. Justin Marshall is the best scrum half in the world! How many of your candidates can boast the abiity to head rugby ball?

George Gregan was the best scrum half ever!Currently its between du Preez and Peel I feel.

I hear so much of this fabled "Dwayne Peel", but i've never seen him play. Anyone got some footage etc?

<div class='quotemain'> On form there is no doubt its Du Preez

however the best in the world at this point in time has to be probably Blair as mentioned before he had a terrific six nations

Cowan could probably easily be the best in the world right now if he would play up to his potential.. the guys got an absolute laser of a pass but he hasnt lived up to his potential. [/b]

It's because he hasn't been given his opportunity.
[/b][/quote]

Well he got his opportunity last night... and he showed he has the goods. Hopefully Ellis is given the flick and Cowan will get the job for the games in the republic.

I hear so much of this fabled "Dwayne Peel", but i've never seen him play. Anyone got some footage etc?
[/b]
I wouldn't bother. He hasn't had a good game since 2005.
If he regains his top form with his move to Sale, though, you're looking at the best scrum half in the world.

[/b]
Fabled? He was the best 9 in the World in 2005 before slowly getting worse after the Lions tour. Gareth Jenkin's 'reign of terror' certainly didn't help as he was constantly picked over the in-form Mike Phillips. Still, I'm glad he's at Sale because unlike Wigglesworth, he can pass quite fast.

Latest posts