• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Ever All Black XV

<div class='quotemain'>
Definately yes please take him and while your at it you can take Tasesa Lavea and Andrew Ellis too.
[/b]
Na scratch that! :p
Reports are saying that we're finalising a deal for Jamie Nutbrown to cover for the outgoing Marshall.
TBH i haven't seen him play much, any thoughts on this guy? Rugby 06 tells me he can play fly half too... ;)
[/b][/quote]

He's a solid player who Canterbury should have kept instead of putting their trust into Ellis. Looking back at Canterbury's halfbacks over the past 5 years, Nutbrown would have been one of the best (not saying much though :D ).

But yeah; Solid. Wouldn't cream my pants over the prospect of him coming to my club if I were you.

haha i went to school with jamie nutbrown, he was a bit of a loose cannon back then. but saying that i havnt seen him for about 15 years at least.

he is a good solid player.

also did someone beat simon culhanes record for most points on debut? didnt he score in the 40s in the 95 world cup against japan?

http://www.uidaho.edu/clubs/womens_rugby/R...y/FAQ/faq.shtml
What is the highest number of points scored in a test debut and who holds this record?
Simon Culhane (of Southland), playing at first-five, scored 45 points in his test debut for New Zealand, on June 4, in a 145-17 drubbing of Japan at the 1995 World Cup. He scored one try, which he converted and converted 19 other tries (making 20 conversions altogether, another record). He only missed one shot at goal all day --- a minor miss of the one remaining try in the All Black's tally. Interestingly, New Zealand had no penalty goal attempts in the entire match. Culhane's total was also a record individual score for a World Cup final series game and is the second highest individual score ever in an international match. (The same game also saw Marc Ellis, playing at centre, score a record 6 tries in a test for New Zealand.) Not all of Culhane's kicks were easy. Several tries were out wide, and even into the sun, and towards the end of the match a couple of try scorers made little or no attempt to run their tries in behind the posts!
This record on debut eclipsed the previous record set only a month earlier by Andrew Mehrtens. Mehrtens (of Canterbury), also playing at first-five, scored 28 points in his test debut for New Zealand against Canada in Auckland, April 22, 1995. His tally included a try (5), three penalty goals (9) and seven conversions (14) and was only two points short of the then third place (and once) world record test score. New Zealand won the game 73-7 in what was Canada's heaviest defeat in an international. The game was a build-up for both sides prior to the 1995 World Cup. (Mehrtens was rested for the above World Cup pool game with Japan.)

Prior to these two feats the previous record on debut had been 23 by Matthew Cooper, also of New Zealand.
[/b]

in fact, ben blair on debut didnt score any points as he came off the bench against scotland in 2001. http://www.rugbymuseum.co.nz/teamsheet.asp...&MT_ID=2075

haha i went to school with jamie nutbrown, he was a bit of a loose cannon back then. but saying that i havnt seen him for about 15 years at least.

he is a good solid player.

also did someone beat simon culhanes record for most points on debut? didnt he score in the 40s in the 95 world cup against japan?

http://www.uidaho.edu/clubs/womens_rugby/R...y/FAQ/faq.shtml
What is the highest number of points scored in a test debut and who holds this record?
Simon Culhane (of Southland), playing at first-five, scored 45 points in his test debut for New Zealand, on June 4, in a 145-17 drubbing of Japan at the 1995 World Cup. He scored one try, which he converted and converted 19 other tries (making 20 conversions altogether, another record). He only missed one shot at goal all day --- a minor miss of the one remaining try in the All Black's tally. Interestingly, New Zealand had no penalty goal attempts in the entire match. Culhane's total was also a record individual score for a World Cup final series game and is the second highest individual score ever in an international match. (The same game also saw Marc Ellis, playing at centre, score a record 6 tries in a test for New Zealand.) Not all of Culhane's kicks were easy. Several tries were out wide, and even into the sun, and towards the end of the match a couple of try scorers made little or no attempt to run their tries in behind the posts!
This record on debut eclipsed the previous record set only a month earlier by Andrew Mehrtens. Mehrtens (of Canterbury), also playing at first-five, scored 28 points in his test debut for New Zealand against Canada in Auckland, April 22, 1995. His tally included a try (5), three penalty goals (9) and seven conversions (14) and was only two points short of the then third place (and once) world record test score. New Zealand won the game 73-7 in what was Canada's heaviest defeat in an international. The game was a build-up for both sides prior to the 1995 World Cup. (Mehrtens was rested for the above World Cup pool game with Japan.)

Prior to these two feats the previous record on debut had been 23 by Matthew Cooper, also of New Zealand.
[/b]
[/b]

I most definitely remember that effort, didn't know he was on debut though.

That team could still beat Japan by 50 points.
Could probably beat France too. [/b]

:lol2tn:

Yeah, we like to pick up our games, and win when needed... :bleh!: :bleh!:
:cheers:

Yeah sorry - meant to say points debut. Can understand about him not being All Blacks material, but I'm sure there were worse players around that wore the Black no.15 jersey? He's really helped Cardiff move up in the world, along with the likes of Xavier Rush. Then again, did Rush win many All Blacks caps?

<div class='quotemain'> That team could still beat Japan by 50 points.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, just like the way you picked up your game in the world cup semi final against a pathetic England side at your home ground. :rolleyes:

Yep, you sure know how to win the important games. :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> That team could still beat Japan by 50 points.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, just like the way you picked up your game in the world cup semi final against a pathetic England side at your home ground. :rolleyes:

Yep, you sure know how to win the important games. :lol: [/b][/quote]

Are you sure you wanna go down that road ? :rolleyes: Aren' these too painful memories ? :lol2tn:

Congratulations on being the Friendlies world champion anyway ... :bravo:

Worst possible 15:

1.S.Macfarlan
2.L.Hullena
3.C.Barrell
4.M.Cooksley
5.C.Riechelmann
6.S.Surridge
7.D.Seymour
8.S.Lauaki
9.A.Ellis
10.L.Stensness
11.J.Stanley
12.N.Mauger (Aarons brother)
13.S.Macleod
14.T.Matson
15.A.Cashmore

Some of these players never even played a test!!

Who's you squad of players who never should have made it to the show? The rule is they must have played at least 1 game for the All Blacks.

1. Campbell Johnstone
3. Taumaupeau
4. Kevin O'Neil
5. Dion Waller
6. Steven Bates
7. Sam Harding
8. Sam Broomhall
9. Kevin Senio
10. David Hill
11. Caleb Ralph
12. Paul Steinmetz
13. Nathan Mauger
14. Scott Hamilton
15. Ben Blair

I can't really think of a hooker in the last 10-15 years who hasn't earned his spot at the top level. Even Corry Flynn earned his caps and deserved them. I also have a feeling that Campbell Johnstone will play his way off this list some time during his career.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Colin Farrell
terry mitchell
caleb ralph
Shane Philpott
Mike Parkinson
John Dougan
Steve Scott
Ash McGregor
Brian Morrisey
Sam Harding
Gordon McPherson
Hud Rickett
Perry Harris
Greg Burgess
Corey Flynn

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

HOW IS STEPHEN DONALD NOT IN THE LIST??
And come on guys, Ellis is alright, nothing spectacular but consistent week after week.

I wish Ben Blair wasn't capped by the All Blacks...
Would have gladly taken him for us! Undoubtedly the best Blues outside back of the decade.

Wow this is an old thread :p few posts by me in it too!
Agree about Ben Blair, huge fan of his. Gutted that he's been injured for most of last season, hopfully he's back in form for the start of the new season! We've really missed him, even if Czekaj has done a decent job at fullback.

Ben Blair rumoured (though by Western Mail/Wales Online) to be leaving (possibly to Sale)

Blues are apparently trying to execute a 26 week clause in his contract.
Ospreys are said to be after him as well. They've not signed the youngest players this season- Stowers, Bearman.

I wish Ben Blair wasn't capped by the All Blacks...
Would have gladly taken him for us! Undoubtedly the best Blues outside back of the decade.

Really?! I must admit he's good at club level but just too small for International level. I always remember the game against England he could've scored the winning try but got monstered by Cohen like he was a little boy.. Hated him ever since.

Latest posts