• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Ever All Black XV

I didnt really like too much of John Mitchells All Blacks, they were boring.

Caleb Ralph is the reason why I gave up thinking about being a coach, because I just couldnt see what the 'top' coaches could see in the guy.

Really?! I must admit he's good at club level but just too small for International level. I always remember the game against England he could've scored the winning try but got monstered by Cohen like he was a little boy.. Hated him ever since.

That must have changed something, because he's always been quite solidly built from my memory. He's a rather stocky figure, though whether or not that's the past three years or so since he left NZ, I couldn't say.

That must have changed something, because he's always been quite solidly built from my memory. He's a rather stocky figure, though whether or not that's the past three years or so since he left NZ, I couldn't say.

Ben Blair was always a midget when he was in NZ. He's only 1.73m (5'8"), so although he may be slightly stocky, his lack of size meant he was easily thrown around by opposition players. He was generally solid, but didn't deserve to be in the AB's in my opinion. He is also famous for having some absolutely shocking games - The 2004 Super 12 Rugby final vs the Brumbies as an example (I'm sure you can find highlights of Blair's performance on youtube.)..

Last edited:
Ben Blair was always a midget when he was in NZ. He's only 1.73m (5'8"), so although he may be slightly stocky, he lack of size meant he was easily thrown around by opposition players. He was generally solid. but didn't deserve to be in the AB's in my opinion. He is also famous for having some absolutely shocking games - The 2004 Super 12 Rugby final vs the Brumbies as an example (I'm sure you can find highlights of Blair's performance on youtube.)..

He did not deserve to be in the All Blacks ahead of Cullen anyway.

reading through the first few pages of this thread, and laughed when Toeava & Mealamu's name were mentioned....posted way back in 08.

geez, how times have changed.

Latest posts