Worst possible Lions squad

heres a fewe players that would make this sqaud
Ian Balshaw
Simon Easterby
Mathew Tait
RhYs Thomas
Dan parks

Not Jhon Hayes

Do people actaully think Rhys Thomas had a bad game yesterday?

I thought he had a very good first half, stood up well in the scrum and was very prominent in the loose, carrying some ball etc. He isn't the best tighthead in the 6 nations, but he isn't the worst either, considering it was his first 6 nations start, and he was under pressure considering what had been said during the week, I thought he did fine.

ok, maybe being a little harsh, but i would at least send Nathan Hines.

Actually, on second thoughts, theres no point - hell just get himself sent off anyway! ;)

I know i'll come under some criticism for this but Lee Byrne is rubbish and would deserve to be in this squad. Yes he has scored 3 tries. 2 of them he had to just fall over the line, the other one was the defences fault. All he does is catch it, then just boot it in the air again. Catch, chip and chase. Catch, up and under etc etc. In the OPTA stats he's first i think for most kicks, why doesn't he just run with it. Really overated..

I've never been the biggest Lee Burne fan, he often has done too many up n' unders, at the start of the six nations I wanted Jamie Roberts at full back, but Burne has really changed my mind.

He's played very sensibly imo, there's no point running the ball back when he's on his own with a line of defenders ahead of him is there! The up and unders he's done, have been well placed and he's been challenging for them where the land. He's been Wales' best clearing option, so he's bound to be quite high on the OPTA stats, and when you have a boot like he does, why not gain 60m +.

Wales have been playing sensible rugby, play open expansive rugby when they have earn't the right to, i.e. tied in the forwards. Burne has relieved allot of pressure for Wales, and no matter what the stats say, he's hardly put a foot wrong. The errors he's made have been small ones i.e. knocking the ball on Sat when the pass from Henson was behind him.

If you want to look for a fullback to go in this team, try looking a bit closer to home.

Hayes, you're ripping the **** there, his scrummaging this season has been superb, not to mention his defenive work around the fringes and his lineout work, he's closer to the real Lions XV than this mickey mouse team.
[/b]

His scrummaging has been ordinary as it always is and hes the same lumbering fat waste of time that he always is. Dont try an make out he has reinvented himself as somekind of all round super-prop.He was a joke on the last lions tour and should never be given the same chance again.

I know i'll come under some criticism for this but Lee Byrne is rubbish and would deserve to be in this squad. Yes he has scored 3 tries. 2 of them he had to just fall over the line, the other one was the defences fault. All he does is catch it, then just boot it in the air again. Catch, chip and chase. Catch, up and under etc etc. In the OPTA stats he's first i think for most kicks, why doesn't he just run with it. Really overated..
[/b]

Very similar to good old Hugo Southwell

ok, maybe being a little harsh, but i would at least send Nathan Hines.

Actually, on second thoughts, theres no point - hell just get himself sent off anyway! ;) [/b]

I think we could form an awkward squad of players most likely to get binned within half an hour:

Nathan Hines
Simon Easterby
Mark Regan (on recent 'form')

He was a joke on the last lions tour and should never be given the same chance again. [/b]
Were talking about John Hayes yeah? He didnt play in any of the tests on the last tour. I dont think he even made the bench. What the **** was that statement about?

If your saying John Hayes is one of the worst props in the Isles, then you simply cant be basing it on his performance on the pitch. You know he's the big Irish prop, the one in the green jersey yeah?

Oh but on my selection, hmmm its a hard one really;

You would assume Balshaw is a shoe-in at 15 but Southwell is pretty ineffective going both ways so I'm not so sure. Hines given his discipline would also have to be included. Jesus, its sounds bad but you'd be looking at a core Scottish team with a few token English, Irish and Welshmen thrown in to make it a little more cosmopolitan.

<div class='quotemain'>
Hayes, you're ripping the **** there, his scrummaging this season has been superb, not to mention his defenive work around the fringes and his lineout work, he's closer to the real Lions XV than this mickey mouse team.
[/b]

His scrummaging has been ordinary as it always is and hes the same lumbering fat waste of time that he always is. Dont try an make out he has reinvented himself as somekind of all round super-prop.He was a joke on the last lions tour and should never be given the same chance again. [/b][/quote]

I agree that he has not become a super prop, people talking of him being the best lineout prop purely because he lifts is a joke also!

The fact is that Hayes for the last 3 years has been a pile of gash, however he has come to form in this six nation's! If there was a lions test next week he would probably start at tighthead! Although Gethin Jenkins is better than him :D !!! But the lad is not playing at tighthead regularly enough to play there for the lions!

<div class='quotemain'> He was a joke on the last lions tour and should never be given the same chance again. [/b]
Were talking about John Hayes yeah? He didnt play in any of the tests on the last tour. I dont think he even made the bench. What the **** was that statement about?

If your saying John Hayes is one of the worst props in the Isles, then you simply cant be basing it on his performance on the pitch. You know he's the big Irish prop, the one in the green jersey yeah?

Oh but on my selection, hmmm its a hard one really;

You would assume Balshaw is a shoe-in at 15 but Southwell is pretty ineffective going both ways so I'm not so sure. Hines given his discipline would also have to be included. Jesus, its sounds bad but you'd be looking at a core Scottish team with a few token English, Irish and Welshmen thrown in to make it a little more cosmopolitan.
[/b][/quote]

Lions tours consist of provicial games and test matches,Hayes played in some of the provincial games. Like a twat I may add. To get into the test team you have to play well during the provincial games,as Hayes didnt manage this he didnt get into the team. That is why I said he was a joke on the last tour.
I dont think hes one of the worst props in the British Isles and this thread is about who is playing worst out of the players selected for their countries during this six nations. There are plenty of worse tight heads in Britain than Hayes, just none playing in the six nations who is qualified for the lions.
I hope this clears things up for you.

hes the same lumbering fat waste of time that he always is.
[/b]

73412161.jpg

You are talking about this guy aren't you???? :huh:

Ahh John Hayes, everything that's wrong with Irish rugby along with the likes of Peter Stringer and O'Gara's turnstyle-esque tackling style. An acknowledged problem that no-one has provided a solution to. His rampant immobility along with EOS' stupidity cost Ireland the grand slam last year and a test in Australia and still the problem remains.

Immobility? So what if he never played on the wing like ye like your front rows up their. When you watch Munster/Ireland and look at him and not the ball for a few minutes you'd realise how much work he does around the pitch.

Cost us a grandslam? LOL

Ahh John Hayes, everything that's wrong with Irish rugby along with the likes of Peter Stringer and O'Gara's turnstyle-esque tackling style. An acknowledged problem that no-one has provided a solution to. His rampant immobility along with EOS' stupidity cost Ireland the grand slam last year and a test in Australia and still the problem remains.
[/b]

At last an Irishman who knows what he is talking about. And as for that daft still picture of Hayes breathing in his fat,repulsive beer gut I dont really see what it proves except that during a game he ran into Strettle and didnt look quite as grossly fat as he normally does.

It wasn't meant to prove anything, I just wanted to make sure you were talking about the same person I was, and I am still not so sure.

Let's see how the bull does in kingsholm in April shall we. At least after that I will know you have actualy seen the guy play.

It wasn't meant to prove anything, I just wanted to make sure you were talking about the same person I was, and I am still not so sure.

Let's see how the bull does in kingsholm in April shall we. At least after that I will know you have actualy seen the guy play.
[/b]

I admire your loyalty to a Munster player but sometimes you have to be big enough to swallow your pride and admit that yes Danny he isnt very good at international level because his mobility is very poor and his technique in the scrums is suspect.

Lions tours consist of provicial games and test matches,Hayes played in some of the provincial games. Like a twat I may add. [/b]
John hayes played in three or four matches on tour. The Lions won all of the games he played in. So no you certainly havent cleared that one up at all.

To get into the test team you have to play well during the provincial games,as Hayes didnt manage this he didnt get into the team. That is why I said he was a joke on the last tour. [/b]
Ok, fair enough, so we can say the same about Jason Robinson (who was dropped I believe), Shane Williams, D'Arcy, Henson, Shaw, White etc. All of which were deemed by Sir Clive as not good enough, so by your logic, must also be completely shite? That tour is hardly an good example of good team selection. Wilkinson the best inside centre in the four nations? I still shake my head when I think of that.

I dont think hes one of the worst props in the British Isles and this thread is about who is playing worst out of the players selected for their countries during this six nations. There are plenty of worse tight heads in Britain than Hayes, just none playing in the six nations who is qualified for the lions. I hope this clears things up for you. [/b]
Kind of. I understand your point, I just dont agree with it. Hayes will never be the best prop in the world, but on current form he's be in the team or on the bench. On merit. It was the reference to the Lions tour that I object to. Daft slating a player for a performance in a meaningless midweek tour match. Its all moot though, he will be too old to travel.

Watch out for Buckley though, if you have a problem with big guys in green jerseys, this guy is bigger then Hayes (6ft 4" I believe and a stone heavier) and he WILL travel

Latest posts