• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst possible Lions squad

<div class='quotemain'> Lions tours consist of provicial games and test matches,Hayes played in some of the provincial games. Like a twat I may add. [/b]
John hayes played in three or four matches on tour. The Lions won all of the games he played in. So no you certainly havent cleared that one up at all.

To get into the test team you have to play well during the provincial games,as Hayes didnt manage this he didnt get into the team. That is why I said he was a joke on the last tour. [/b]
Ok, fair enough, so we can say the same about Jason Robinson (who was dropped I believe), Shane Williams, D'Arcy, Henson, Shaw, White etc. All of which were deemed by Sir Clive as not good enough, so by your logic, must also be completely shite? That tour is hardly an good example of good team selection. Wilkinson the best inside centre in the four nations? I still shake my head when I think of that.

I dont think hes one of the worst props in the British Isles and this thread is about who is playing worst out of the players selected for their countries during this six nations. There are plenty of worse tight heads in Britain than Hayes, just none playing in the six nations who is qualified for the lions. I hope this clears things up for you. [/b]
Kind of. I understand your point, I just dont agree with it. Hayes will never be the best prop in the world, but on current form he's be in the team or on the bench. On merit. It was the reference to the Lions tour that I object to. Daft slating a player for a performance in a meaningless midweek tour match. Its all moot though, he will be too old to travel.

Watch out for Buckley though, if you have a problem with big guys in green jerseys, this guy is bigger then Hayes (6ft 4" I believe and a stone heavier) and he WILL travel
[/b][/quote]

Just to help you again:
You can play in a winning team and still play badly,just as Hayes did on the last Lions tour.
If you think midweek Lions games are meaningless you have never been on a Lions tour.I have been on 3.
If you think that Hayes would be in the Lions team if it was picked tomorrow you have lost all credibility.
I have no problem with Irish players but if I feell they are not good enough for Lions selection I have every right to speak my mind.I hope Buckley does realise his potential then you will have a tight head to be proud of , which is far from what you have with Hayes.

If you think that Hayes would be in the Lions team if it was picked tomorrow you have lost all credibility. [/b]
And if you believe that Hayes performances in the midweek touring side, two and a half years ago, should automatically exclude him from selection, then I would say the same to you.

Of course you have the right to your opinion, but in this case you havent given your opinion on his rugby playing ability, or referenced current form, which I would assume is a bit more relevent to form 2.5 years ago, you've simply called him fat and lazy (I'll give you lumbering alright).

<div class='quotemain'>
hes the same lumbering fat waste of time that he always is.
[/b]

73412161.jpg

You are talking about this guy aren't you???? :huh: [/b][/quote]

I thought props were meant to be fat :huh:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
hes the same lumbering fat waste of time that he always is.
[/b]

73412161.jpg

You are talking about this guy aren't you???? :huh: [/b][/quote]

I thought props were meant to be fat :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Lol, Hayes always makes me laugh when I see him play. He plays his little heart out but just doesn't cut it, such a sorry site. All he's good for is bawling his eyes out during the anthem.

Immobility? So what if he never played on the wing like ye like your front rows up their. When you watch Munster/Ireland and look at him and not the ball for a few minutes you'd realise how much work he does around the pitch.

Cost us a grandslam? LOL [/b]

Who missed the tackle on Vincent Clerc in midfield? Hayes. Why do you think Clerc showed up in midfield? Because in the summer 2006 match against Australia Mark Gerrard ran through the exact same hole to score the match clinching try. It's Hayes' fault for being an international rugby player who isn't mobile enough to make a tackle and EOS' fault for not substituting him when he was clearly too fatigued to play on. EOS hasn't solved the flaw in the system that basically leaves a giant hole in midfield.

The only Irish front row who spends all day on the wing is Marcus Horan

He went between Horgan and Hayes and then straigh through D'arcy's tackle. Selective memory? I suppose Italy scoring against Ireland in the last minute on Paddy's day last year was Leamys fault for taking the tap and go on the half way line as well.

He went between Horgan and Hayes and then straigh through D'arcy's tackle. Selective memory? I suppose Italy scoring against Ireland in the last minute on Paddy's day last year was Leamys fault for taking the tap and go on the half way line as well. [/b]

Wrong. He went past Hayes with Neil Best being the next man out in the line. His positioning was slightly off and he didn't have the mobility to cover for it. After that he was odds on to score and there was little Hickie or O'Connell could do about it as they were covering across.
Observe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GUNs8YNXs
At 1:41 you can see it clearly. Clearly Hayes' fault. Also congratulations on managing to get the identities of the two Irish players you named wrong. It really adds weight to your argument

We're not talking about Leamy here, stop trying to run away.

Latest posts