• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst town/city in the world.

I'm not being snobish, where I live (Sunderland) is hardly a nice city and I'll admit that. But there are far worse places out there.

according to the UN the town across from mine is the most liveable in the world hmmm. anyway probably somewhere in albania or leitrim or one of those other 3rd world places

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not being snobish, where I live (Sunderland) is hardly a nice city and I'll admit that. But there are far worse places out there.[/b]

That may be so, but saying a city is bad because it's 'ugly' is just plain snobbery. I'll allow criticism of Glasgow - it does have among the highest knife crime in Europe - but there is nothing wrong with Dundee.

I'm not really getting at you specifically, by the way.

Also, why are you a Sale fan? I'm not complaining - they're a fantastic side, they just aren't really anywhere near Sunderland...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 13 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not being snobish, where I live (Sunderland) is hardly a nice city and I'll admit that. But there are far worse places out there.[/b]

That may be so, but saying a city is bad because it's 'ugly' is just plain snobbery. I'll allow criticism of Glasgow - it does have among the highest knife crime in Europe - but there is nothing wrong with Dundee.

Also, why are you a Sale fan? I'm not complaining - they're a fantastic side, they just aren't really anywhere near Sunderland...
[/b][/quote]
And Wigan is near Dundee? ;) :p

Swindon - The Road System is just well "Magical"
Bridgwater - DIVE!!!
Weymouth (In the winter) - just needs to get out of the 60's
Redruth - Used to be the Richest Town in Europe, but now its dead as a dodo...
Newport - Went through on a train and it looked bad, seriously thought there was gonna be a knifing at some point

I would also add St Helens on there, cos there are some f***ing weirdo's there (and I am not talking about Dan)

St Helens is a hole, and I mean a really bad one, too. Charlie is quite right, there are some utter whoppers in this town. All stems to the cut in mental health funding in the 1970s when all the nutcases were let out of 2 local asylums and bred. Wigan isn't exactly a nice place either, Skelmersdale is a nasty place. I have been through only, but don't like the look of Milton Keynes...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 13 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have been through only, but don't like the look of Milton Keynes...[/b]

Milton Keynes is harmless if horrible; All the locals are either 70+ retiriees with more money then sence or London working commuters who swan around with cockney actents despite being born in Brackley.

Bletchley however... Let's just say I once went there for 3 hours to buy some parts from a computer fair... By the time I got back I'd lost 16 stone, been mugged 4 times, fathered 8 chavs and had become a smack addict. Nice area.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 13 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 13 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dubai.[/b]
What, really? Fair enough you have better experiences of it than me, but it looks so awesome! Plus, they're building a fecking mile-long citadel there!
Surely that constitutes as awesome?
[/b][/quote]

If you like a 40 degrees traffic jam full of sweaty Indians then be my guest.

Buildings? what buildings? You can't see **** because of the smog.

Oh, and culture. Pfft. Eating falafel in a hotel doesn't count. The one and only proper tourist attraction, the Gold Souk, is basically a street full of fancy jewellers. Nothing charming about it at all. And like everything else, it's run by Indians.

Dubai is, basically, a city full of Indians where everyone exists to build more <strike>skyscrapers, mega-malls, islands</strike> advertisements to make the it look good in photos. In the meantime, the Arabs fooked off, no one bothered to build any roads or railways to move anyone around, and the underpaid Indian labourers left their fantastic culture back at home in search of a quick buck.

Someone asked my advice on what to do in Dubai; I told them "gtfo and go to Oman." Which, incidentally, is a beautiful country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 13 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Everybody, just lay off Dundee! It's almost certainly St Helens...

Seriosuly, though, I'm really not enjoying all this snobishness.[/b]

Seriously, Dundee has a really poor reputation. Then again, I did go to RGU in Aberdeen (which is far superior).

I'm utterly shocked nobody has mentioned Birmingham. The place is a dive, a real ale desert the moment you leave the center or Solihul and I just want to leave the minute I get there. The BBC keep mistaking Shelford for Gaza City.

Other crap towns: Harlow, Basingstoke, London and any New Town basically.

In South Africa:

Pretoria - It's ugly, dry, full of really 'old school' Afrikaners that want nothing more than to knock you out for no reason. There are kids there that literally wake up at 6 every morning to practice spinning their tyres all over the roads so as to make some public showing that evening. It's also as hot as the desert. Lived there for 2 years. Worst 2 years of my life.

Cape Town - Sure, it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth, and Table mountain and and and.... But the people... are absolute pricks there. Some guys are decent, but most of the time they think that because there are no mountains where you come from, you are instantly a lower class of person. SNOBS! The people make the city, so i'm not a fan of Cape Town at all.

Johannesburg >>> Pretoria

Other places:

Maputo - The capital city of Mozambique. What a slum. You park your car anywhere, and have millions of people gather round to see what there is for the taking inside. Man does that place stink too!!!!

Can't think of any cities as a whole that are bad in NZ, rather each city has it's own ****-house neighborhood. For example, Christchurch has Aranui, Wellington has Porirua and Auckland has Otara. All very rough neighborhoods packed to the brim with run down state houses and gangs. Porirua is basically run by the Mongrel Mob.

Worst place I have been to though is Xi'an in China. Bloody disgusting place, the whole city smelt literally like ****. And people cutting/skinning raw meat (to sell) on the filthy pavements where everyone hoiks up and spits out massive loogies. Even though the Terracotta Warriors are there, stay away from Xi'an.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 13 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PORT TALBOT!!!!!![/b]
Cant believe I forgot Port Talbot. I once had the pleasure of playing an away game against Port Talbot. The supporters were almost as nasty as the players. Match abandoned so we went for an early drink in the "Town".We only had one!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 13 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

But I've said nothing about Dundee... ever. I've never been so why would I?

I've mentioned Middlesbrough, Hull and Glasgow. I've been to all and can confirm they are all ****-holes. Middlesbrough especially, absolutely full of child molesters.

As for me supporting Sale, well the nearest team to me as you will know are Newcastle. I'm from Sunderland, people from Sunderland and Newcastle hate each other. I can't support their rugby team, never in a million years.
My choice of Sale was mainly down to Jason Robinson playing for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 14 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
in Australia:

Ipswich
Toowoomba
Rockhampton
Adelaide[/b]

I can remember seeing an Aussie comedian on telly here. He was telling a joke about Adelaide, I can't remember most of it but what I did hear was "I was walking down the street in Adelaide, which is unusual because usually you get murdered".

From my experiences of Australia I can't imagine it being that bad. Then again I've only been to Brisbane, Noosa and Melbourne.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 13 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PORT TALBOT!!!!!![/b]

Thats the place I was trying to think of... When I went to the Afan, me and my mate got VERY weird looks in the Tesco store there... just cos we were in our cycling gear ready to hit the trails...

I also didn't think they like English there tbh!

Latest posts