• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst town/city in the world.

Nowra where I grew up is a pretty **** place, highest unemployment rate in NSW and is pretty violent. Used to be nice, but under a Federal budget cut the Australian Defence Force had to move out of Albatross (Nowra) Airforce base, shifting all the personnel out of their homes to other bases. Some genius figured it would be an excellent idea to concentrate the most troubled sections of the Sydney indigenous population to abandoned military housing miles away from the closest sustainable employment and schooling.

Albion Park is also good, one of the highest murder rates per capita in Australia. Small town, huge dog races, the place is practically inhabited by loan sharks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 13 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not being snobish, where I live (Sunderland) is hardly a nice city and I'll admit that. But there are far worse places out there.[/b]

That may be so, but saying a city is bad because it's 'ugly' is just plain snobbery. I'll allow criticism of Glasgow - it does have among the highest knife crime in Europe - but there is nothing wrong with Dundee.

I'm not really getting at you specifically, by the way.

Also, why are you a Sale fan? I'm not complaining - they're a fantastic side, they just aren't really anywhere near Sunderland...
[/b][/quote]

But I've said nothing about Dundee... ever. I've never been so why would I?

I've mentioned Middlesbrough, Hull and Glasgow. I've been to all and can confirm they are all ****-holes. Middlesbrough especially, absolutely full of child molesters.

As for me supporting Sale, well the nearest team to me as you will know are Newcastle. I'm from Sunderland, people from Sunderland and Newcastle hate each other. I can't support their rugby team, never in a million years.
My choice of Sale was mainly down to Jason Robinson playing for them.

[/b][/quote]

Very good call (as you can probably tell from the picture below). I'd do exactly the same if I was you - I couldn't think of a better reason to support a team than Jason, and dislike of jrdies.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 14 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 13 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not being snobish, where I live (Sunderland) is hardly a nice city and I'll admit that. But there are far worse places out there.[/b]

That may be so, but saying a city is bad because it's 'ugly' is just plain snobbery. I'll allow criticism of Glasgow - it does have among the highest knife crime in Europe - but there is nothing wrong with Dundee.

I'm not really getting at you specifically, by the way.

Also, why are you a Sale fan? I'm not complaining - they're a fantastic side, they just aren't really anywhere near Sunderland...
[/b][/quote]
And Wigan is near Dundee?
[/b][/quote]

I don't actually live in Dundee, I'm going to be moving there soon, but Edinburgh isn't anywhere near Wigan either. My family are North Country - I'm Scottish by birth. Also, I love Jason Robinson, and dislike scousers, so me and Hall do have a a little bit in common in that sense.

Either Buffalo New York or Detriot Michigan... well actually any town in the US midwest is an absolute shithole... they call the entire area the rust belt. Hamilton ON and Sydney Nova Scotia are quite shitty as well. Where I am originally from is a goddamn hell hole as well... has some of the worst unemployment in all of Canada

Doncaster. Full of people on the dole who spend that money on booze. Everyone is so arrogant and so aggressive

Not so much a town as a village but Easington Colliery is the most deprived place in Britain.

Bucksnort, Tennessee, United States of America
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bucksnort+tn&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&split=0&ll=35.893917,-87.680941&spn=0.007719,0.013819&z=14&iwloc=addr&output=embed&1Q"></iframe>
View Larger Map
It does exist and I've had my car break down there on 2, yes 2 separate occasions on my way to university.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucksnort,_Tennessee
It's located in, get this...Hickman County. Hick-Man. Lord, help us!
Worst - Place - Ever

Another vote for Port Talbot, my brother who was at uni in Ponty, often said it rains every day there, he blamed Port Talbot and all it's polution lol.

Another utterly sh*tty place is Barry Island, what a dump!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 14 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in Australia:

Ipswich
Toowoomba
Rockhampton
Adelaide[/b]

I can remember seeing an Aussie comedian on telly here. He was telling a joke about Adelaide, I can't remember most of it but what I did hear was "I was walking down the street in Adelaide, which is unusual because usually you get murdered".

From my experiences of Australia I can't imagine it being that bad. Then again I've only been to Brisbane, Noosa and Melbourne.
[/b][/quote]

No wonder they aint bad experiences, those three places are the best three places you could go to in Australia. What did you think of Brisbane and Noosa?

Its not a town, but a outer suburb in Melbourne called Frankston. Here's a hilarious video on it by the chasers

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgt7hKZKvjk

Johannesburg form the east rand, west rand, Midrand, Sandton, Hillbrow etc. It's by far the shittest city in SA and possibly the world. A real fooking slum and a sky high crime rate. **** traffic, **** people, **** roads and highways.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 15 2009, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 14 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in Australia:

Ipswich
Toowoomba
Rockhampton
Adelaide[/b]

I can remember seeing an Aussie comedian on telly here. He was telling a joke about Adelaide, I can't remember most of it but what I did hear was "I was walking down the street in Adelaide, which is unusual because usually you get murdered".

From my experiences of Australia I can't imagine it being that bad. Then again I've only been to Brisbane, Noosa and Melbourne.
[/b][/quote]

No wonder they aint bad experiences, those three places are the best three places you could go to in Australia. What did you think of Brisbane and Noosa?

Its not a town, but a outer suburb in Melbourne called Frankston. Here's a hilarious video on it by the chasers

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgt7hKZKvjk
[/b][/quote]

Probably the best holiday of my life.

Noosa Heads was absolutely marvellous. The idea of being able to swim, jet ski and surf in the sea without getting hypothermia was a new and exciting concept for someone brought up on the North East English coast. I have swam in the North Sea here at home before, you don't exactly want to rush back in when you've experienced it but in Noosa and also the Gold Coast (I went there as well) I found myself wanting to stay in the sea all day.

Brisbane was just a stunning city.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 15 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Johannesburg form the east rand, west rand, Midrand, Sandton, Hillbrow etc. It's by far the shittest city in SA and possibly the world. A real fooking slum and a sky high crime rate. **** traffic, **** people, **** roads and highways.[/b]

So I've heard. I've got relatives who live there and remember hearing from them a few years ago when they dropped the bombshell that some of their closest friends had been murdered in their own home.

Louis Theroux made a documentary about Joburg that was shown a few weeks ago.
It looks like the worst place on earth.

I watched that as well. It was a two part series, the other episode was about Philadelphia, which also looks horrible.

Would any soccer fans here consider or they know they definetly going to the world cup next year in South Africa?

My brother said he's definetly going and said I should too, but SA sounds too dangerous for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 15 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would any soccer fans here consider or they know they definetly going to the world cup next year in South Africa?

My brother said he's definetly going and said I should too, but SA sounds too dangerous for me.[/b]

I went as a tourist (and hence wrapped in cotton wool) and never felt threatened once. Not even in Hillbrow or Soweto (both notorious areas of Joburg). In fact, I preferred Joburg to Cape Town... CT is definitely a more beautiful city, but there was an edge to the atmosphere in Joburg that I quite liked. Otherwise South Africa should be fine, it's largely blacks who suffer from the crime anyway.

Latest posts