• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would you pick BOD in your squad to face South Africa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 5 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 5 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that would mean lots of intercept tries for JDV.....AWESOME :D[/b]

I think that's a possibility regardless of who the Lions pick
[/b][/quote]

Right you are An Tarbh :D , though I still feel that probably the best "experienced" center combination the Lions can pick.

Which other centers from England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland are Lions material...?ones I can think of are:

Matthew Tait (England) - No.
Jamie Noon (England) - NO!
Dan Hipkiss (England) - England don't pick him for some reason...
Gordon D'Arcy (Ireland) - Probably not, he's not got enough time to prove himself.
Luke Fitzgerald (Ireland) - I'm sure he'll be in the squad somewhere.
Jamie Robinson (Wales) - No
Tom Shanklin (Wales) - NO!
Sonny Parker (Wales) - NOOO!!!!
Nick de Luca (Scotland) -NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew Henderson (Scotland) - *dies*
Matt Evans (Scotland) - I don't know who this is so I can't comment...

any others?
[/b][/quote]
Cough.
How many centres generally go on tour?
I'd have Henson, O'Driscoll, Roberts, Fitzgerald and Hipkiss.
I'd mention Hook but he's prone to giving intercept tries away...

Sorry I meant Roberts not Robinson.

What about Turner-Hall, strong guy but probably too young ay?

Definitely too young. He hasn't had a cap for England yet, and knowing the EPS, he won't be having one anytime soon.

He has been playing really well recently. A big prospect, who will most likely be buggered around/ignored completely by England.
In ol' Shanks defence, he has been excellent over the last month. Yeah, Speedy you heard! Go and do one!! :p

God no JDV, not Andy Henderson. :lol:

But in general yes thats roughly what their is to pick from.

You forgot Graham Morrison and Ben Cairns who are better than all the Scottish centres there. :p

Not that they'd make the Lions squad anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Jan 8 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You forgot Graham Morrison and Ben Cairns who are better than all the Scottish centres there. :p

Not that they'd make the Lions squad anyway.[/b]

He f***ing better!

Ben Cairns is exactly what Scotland needs at the moment, it'd be foolish for Geech not to include him in the Lions set up.
There are a good few Scottish players who I hope to see, I hope Scottish players get fairly represented...unlike last tour.

Scotland should be well represented.

Euan Murray is a dead cert at tighthead provided he doesn't have a nightmare 6N. I suspect Ross Ford might be there as well. Nathan Hines is a good bet for lock. Mike Blair is the obvious scrum half choice as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 5 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In ol' Shanks defence, he has been excellent over the last month. Yeah, Speedy you heard! Go and do one!! :p[/b]
liar-liar-pants-on-fire.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Because lets face it, he does bugger all else than pick off intercepts from Charlie Hodgeson all day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 10 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because lets face it, he does bugger all else than pick off intercepts from Charlie Hodgeson all day.
[/b][/quote]
And James Hook, and off of many other sides, but mainly James Hook. And win SA player of the year Award. And be recognised world-wide as the best centre currently.
I hope you rot, Prestwick. Rot!

How? JDV doesn't do anything! He never gets featured, never gets talked about and never gets any screen time apart from when Josh Lewsey pwned him all over Twickenham's hollowed grass.

We're making him out as something that he isn't, the Lions can conquer him and show him up like he should be. Jesus, if Andy Robinson's England could do it, I think the 2009 Lions can.

Did you give this year's 3N a miss? :huh:
With an off-form BOD and Shanklin at 13, he'll have a field day.
I suppose Henson <strike>can</strike> will ragdoll him though.

Nope, not impressed either. From what I saw in this season's 3N, Ricky Januarie did more swashbuckling than JDV.

And why in the hell would Geech's pick Shanklin?!?!?!??!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 10 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nope, not impressed either. From what I saw in this season's 3N, Ricky Januarie did more swashbuckling than JDV.

And why in the hell would Geech's pick Shanklin?!?!?!??![/b]
NZ v SA wasn't the only 3N game played. :p

Also, I have no idea. You tell me.

You tell me why you suggested it in the first place, you think he's gonna pick him, aren't you?!

Also, apart from a pointless romp over a bored Australia, the Boks did finish at the bottom of the heap down there. NZ was their highlight!

Southern Hemisphere (NZ, Aus, SA) kicked the Northern Hemisphere (Eng, Wal, Ire, Sco) arses in the AI last year from what I can remember.

So that means:
All the Southern Hemisphere centers > Northern Hemisphere centers

The B&I Lions will be playing SA this year so that means:
SA's centers > Northern Hemisphere centers

JDV was named the SA Rugby Player of the Year AND got the Players Player of the year award (which means even his team mates regards him as an outstanding player).
Which means:
JDV > All the Northern Hemisphere centers

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, JDV was the only center to be awarded his country's player of the year,
Which means:

Jean de Villiers is the World's Best Center

Oh and Speedy, Prestwick didn't watch the 2008 Tri - Nations or the Incoming Tours to SA (Wales & Italy) , he was busy watching hentai cartoons and pokemon :lol:

:lol:

By the way, Henson > JDV... <strike>When he can be arsed.</strike> <strike>When he's on form.</strike> <strike>When he's not too busy writing a rubbish autobiography, tending to his wife in labour or 'injured'.</strike>

This is going to be a Top Gear conversation where one says JDV hasn't done anything of value, the other says he has and then both turn to the third (Speedy) and say he's had his teeth done..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 11 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:lol:

By the way, Henson > JDV... <strike>When he can be arsed.</strike> <strike>When he's on form.</strike> <strike>When he's not too busy writing a rubbish autobiography, tending to his wife in labour or 'injured'.</strike>[/b]

JDV is a rugby player, unlike a certain "wanabe power ranger mvp"

340970266_small.jpg
:p

Latest posts