• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would you pick BOD in your squad to face South Africa

Henson IS MVP

MVP.jpg

JDV is just like Edge: the Ultimate Opportunist who isn't very good at anything else. Observe:

Here is JDV in the happy times:

1882288.jpg

While here is Edge experiencing a low point in his career:

72597490.jpg

Fly, Jean! FLYYY!

Sorry Prestwick I can't seem to view that last pic of "While here is Edge experiencing a low point in his career:"

JDV must have intercepted it..... :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 11 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry Prestwick I can't seem to view that last pic of "While here is Edge experiencing a low point in his career:"[/b]

Thats because the Bok mind tends to "scrub" painful images from its memory such as JDV getting pwned by Josh Lewsey or comming last in the 2008 Tri Nations..

I would select BOD, but only as a replacement. He can be a great player, but more often than not recently he has had a few off-days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 5 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 5 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that would mean lots of intercept tries for JDV.....AWESOME :D[/b]

I think that's a possibility regardless of who the Lions pick
[/b][/quote]

Right you are An Tarbh :D , though I still feel that probably the best "experienced" center combination the Lions can pick.

Which other centers from England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland are Lions material...?ones I can think of are:

Matthew Tait (England)
Jamie Noon (England)
Dan Hipkiss (England)
Gordon D'Arcy (Ireland)
Luke Fitzgerald (Ireland)
Jamie Robinson (Wales)
Tom Shanklin (Wales)
Sonny Parker (Wales)
Nick de Luca (Scotland)
Andrew Henderson (Scotland)
Matt Evans (Scotland)

any others?
[/b][/quote]

I think you'll find thats Max Evans

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would pick BOD for sure, he and Henson could be a formidable center combination for the Lions I think...[/b]

Come the end of the 6 Nations i confidently predict that a new star will exist at 13 in Jamie Roberts. The Lions wouldnt need two flair centres and Roberts would give them the go forward to get through a hard Bok midfield. Coming off Henson, Roberts could smash holes time and again. I see Roberts making the impact against the Boks that a certain Welsh Centre called Gibbs did not so long ago.

As for BOD, if he isnt Captain, he will spit the dummy out and if he isnt playing, he will also spit the dummy out. BOD is undoubtedly a class act but if we are going to see Henson at 12 (no other stand out contenders) then BOD isnt necessarily needed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glyndwrowain @ Jan 24 2009, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 30 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would pick BOD for sure, he and Henson could be a formidable center combination for the Lions I think...[/b]

Come the end of the 6 Nations i confidently predict that a new star will exist at 13 in Jamie Roberts. The Lions wouldnt need two flair centres and Roberts would give them the go forward to get through a hard Bok midfield. Coming off Henson, Roberts could smash holes time and again. I see Roberts making the impact against the Boks that a certain Welsh Centre called Gibbs did not so long ago.

As for BOD, if he isnt Captain, he will spit the dummy out and if he isnt playing, he will also spit the dummy out. BOD is undoubtedly a class act but if we are going to see Henson at 12 (no other stand out contenders) then BOD isnt necessarily needed.
[/b][/quote]

I BOD is the type of player who would spit the dummy out like that then he shouldn't be Lions captain anyway.

BOD will probably go as injury cover but I don't see him making a starting 22. BOD on the bench makes no sense anyway, as he would have minimal impact coming off the bench.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Jan 30 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EnglandWillWin2011 @ Jul 5 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'd be in my squad but i'd have Tait there[/b]

back to the point where Tait should be at Centre and not fullback and i agree
[/b][/quote]

What squad? Sale reserves?

Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins, Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins....Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins, "Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins". BEN CAIRNS!

Ben Carins

• Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins
  • Ben
  • Cairns
  • Ben Carins

Ben Carins,

dundeesmiffy

PS: I think I've made my point
PPS: Ben Carins

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jan 31 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins, Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins....Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins, "Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins". BEN CAIRNS!

Ben Carins

• Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins Ben Carins
  • Ben
  • Cairns
  • Ben Carins

Ben Carins,

dundeesmiffy

PS: I think I've made my point
PPS: Ben Carins[/b]

Are you trying to suggest that Laurance Dallaglio should be starting at Fullback for the Lions?

Let me be the first to say HE'S BACK!

Simply class today, all day, in all aspects.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Feb 7 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let me be the first to say HE'S BACK!

Simply class today, all day, in all aspects.[/b]

he said it himself though, it's about performing right throughout the tournament. Great to see him not getting carried away with himself, hopefully there's more to come and what it should do is create more space for the other backs now that he will be more of a target for opposing defences again.

Its the stepping stones back to greatness!

Form is temporary class is permanent!

I would definitely take BOD im not sure he is still the best center in the world but he still very good and just as important he is a great captain and leader

No, he's definately the best centre in the world and should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Latest posts