• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

x2 Kits, High Res 1024x1024

F

Fa'atau82

Hey guys,

I have just been over on the NBA Live forum, and i saw a great technique for making incredibly detailed jerseys.

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but basically when you make the kit/kitback you then re-size the kit image double it's size, giving a fantastic high-res detail kit. I haven't tried it but it works on an NBA Live 'buni', which is the jersey/kit/uniform file and it makes things very clear and all you have to do is re-size the 512x512 image to 1024x1024 and the same enlargement for the kitback. If it saves, then it will have probably worked and can also be used for logos, and anything graphics wise, apart from cyberfaces i think.

It might be a great thing i have discovered here, and we can use it to make the game look even better.

Anyone willing to give it a test? You don't need to make a larger image when making it, just after you finish the design and then are about to save it you double it in size.

Any thoughts?

Saw these on Pro Evolution and they looked amazing. If it could be done for this game it would be awesome.

yeah it should work, just like in the EA Cricket series. People make more detailed bats by upping the resolution in the file.

just doubling the file size before you save it wouldnt make any difference, The difference will be making the file in the new size instead of stretching it all out.

Well, i used some old jerseys in NBA Live 03 that at the time looked nice, but i happened to open it in photoshop and double it to 1024 and it did look much better, although you have to have quality templates, and these were looking a poor quality for jerseys.

I will try it and see what happens. It does work i'm sure, because once i saved a logo file bigger and nothing happened, but i never tried it because i thought it was wrong.

When i get a chance, i will make a high-res kit and see what it looks like.

hiresornohiresqu4.jpg

Please guess which one is the High-Res.. i know which one it is, but i want to see if anyone can see any difference. I can confirm it works for 512x512 kitbacks too, so probably goes for everything else too.

Guess, left or right and post your guesses here.

I really can't see the difference. They look the same to me :D . Maybe if you try with a detailed kit, with detailed logos, or working with vector images. But i don't know if it's convenient for the patch because maybe they will be too big to upload.
Anyway try with a detailed jersey and maybe there is a difference. The problem is that is not easy to find big logos. And if you just resize them they will look the same.

The one on the right is High-Res but it is hard to find a difference with them, i can try a proper kit at some stage, but the high-res was a bigger file. Certainly for logos, a big yes but for kits.. doesn't seem to improve what i already fairly good and to be honest, i think the sharpen tools in photoshop can do a better job.

This might work well for my canterbury template actually, cause of the size of the sleeves it get's all stretched....Worth a punt later I feel!

Fa'atau, how did you make the fsh file to 1024 size? Tried it myself but the images is completley distorted in game, completley unreognisable.

1. Open up a clean .psd template, the double it in size so it is 1024x1024. Save if you wish. I always use .psd's.
2. Zoom the template down to 50% so it looks as normal, but you will have to stretch out the logos more, or you can work in a 1024x1024 template.
3. Do whatever design you want and save it.
4. Open up FshED and a 'kit' file and add your 1024x1024 design, save it. It will save as 1024x1024. If you preview it, it is previewed at 1024x1024, so you know it has worked.
5. Add 'kit' file to .big file.
6. Test it. Mine was fine.

I did try one kit that has been made and simply doubled the size afterwards. Nothing really looks any different though.

Yeah it wouldn't do, given it'll be re-sized down again in game.

Got it working now though, thanks. Just messing around, trying to see if I can make better details. Good idea though!

you shouldnt have to put the file back in the big. cant you just leave it in the root directory of the game like all the other mods?

I take .big files of the various collartypes and index them so i can just get one quick and know it is right. I simply mean that i put the kit.fsh into the .big and then rename it to the location i want to use it. I don't put the files back into the .gob file.

Yeha, you need to have it in the directory, but the .fsh file hass to go into the .big file because that's where the config file is.

Latest posts