• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

x360 + ps3, 1 modem - ethernet port

I say just get the splitter. it doesn't need to be complicated and you are only using one console at once anyway. a switch is only really needed when multiple devices are being used at once on say the internet or for file transfers and/or both at once then things like signal quality start to come into the picture. you I don't think will need to worry about that with just one device being active and online.

friggen splitters switches and routers

i have no farking idea

i dont see how a splitter wont work, but then again, when you google this **** everyone says switch

Get a wireless modem then all your problems will be solved forever more lol!

....but then again I suspose you don't want to spend too much money.

yeah too expensive and unreliable also
i have heard wireless ps3 is a right pain in the arse for downloading and updates etc

I've got a wireless modem and it's not worked about twice in 15 months - and even then all I had to do was unhook the wireless bridge and plug it back in. It's been superb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 27 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've got a wireless modem and it's not worked about twice in 15 months - and even then all I had to do was unhook the wireless bridge and plug it back in. It's been superb.[/b]
Not worked twice in 15 months!!!!!!  What...did you buy ex CIA gear or something????  Where do you get something like that?

I would recommend a Switch, that way if you want to add more devices you can and you won't lose any performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 27 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not worked twice in 15 months!!!!!! What...did you buy ex CIA gear or something???? Where do you get something like that?[/b]

It's only your bog standard, run of the mill Netgear modem. It's honestly been brilliant, I hardly hear a peep from it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 27 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's only your bog standard, run of the mill Netgear modem. It's honestly been brilliant, I hardly hear a peep from it.[/b]
Trust me, your modem is the only one in the entire world like that. Seriously.

i have no problem with my router/modem. though my gf is forever not being able to get on the internet or whatever when i am not at home, i guess its all to do with the people that use them :)

as for the splitter/switch thing, if you dont want to go wireless then i would go for the switch. You might find a downgrade if you try a splitter, and you dont want that now do you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zonerunner @ Nov 28 2008, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 27 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's only your bog standard, run of the mill Netgear modem. It's honestly been brilliant, I hardly hear a peep from it.[/b]
Trust me, your modem is the only one in the entire world like that. Seriously.

[/b][/quote]
Yep...he got ex CIA Intelligence stuff auctioned off and packaged under some obscure name that no one takes a second look at.

If you do ever hear a peep it will be Obama contacting his generals to launch a Navy Seal recon mission on the outskirts of Birmingham....for your safety just ignore the peep. 

Latest posts