munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Lads,
Planning on buying 1 of these soon but was wondering which is better overall. They both have pros and cons and I'm not really up to date with consoles but the xbox360 seems way cheaper but have heard it is excellent. Just want a good console to play few sports games etc. Any advice.

For me the xbox has less glitches and the controller is much nicer.

If you're playing sports ***les, get an xbox just for the joypad.

If you're after FPS's, get an Xbox.

If you're after online play, get an Xbox.

If you've only got £250 to spend, buy my PS3 as I want shot of the bloody thing.

The only downside with a 360 is paying for online (about £2.50 a month, if you buy a 12month for £30) - I think 360s are cheaper than PS3s anyway, a fair bit so (i think?) so the paying for online evens out in the end
Apart from that I find them much better than PS3s (especially now they have integrated WIFI, so you don't have to have cables all over the place, or pay £50+ for the wifi receiver to go online)
The controllers are better, the online has more on it (games and the such), and they've recently done an update so you can plug USB drives in and play videos off of that, so you can download a film then play it on your tv (you can also stream from your PC through it if they're both connected to the same network)

Last edited:
Is the online good on xbox and that good about wifi as I wasn't sure they had it put in. And any good suggestions for games too.

And Bullitt I don't think i'd afford P&P :)

Xbox live is a much better service then the PSN, although as stated already you do have to pay for it. It's worth it alone just for the cross-gaming party chat which completely changes the dynamic of playing games socially.

Also, Halo > Killzone.

I think I'll go with 360 so and well are graphics similar on both and Rugby 2012 is on xbox yea

It's like comparing apples and oranges

PS3 is the apple, simple to set up and ready to 'eat' and enjoy

Where as the Xbox 360 is like an orange, you first have to peel it (and is a wee bit messy at first), but once this is done, you can enjoy the sweet nectarine inside.

It depends on what you like.

It's like comparing apples and oranges

PS3 is the apple, simple to set up and ready to 'eat' and enjoy

Where as the Xbox 360 is like an orange, you first have to peel it (and is a wee bit messy at first), but once this is done, you can enjoy the sweet nectarine inside.

It depends on what you like.

:huh:

You've never used a PS3, have you?

A better description is a PS3 is an immensely powerful Bournemouth with untapped potential, but a pain in the backside to set up, use and keep up to date with various major software issues.

A 360 is a games console which plays all the same games without needing to be nursed more then a premature baby.

Meh. If you are after a single player experience, then the exclusives for the PS3 far surpass that of the Xbox. God of War 3, MGS 4, Heavy Rain. Phenomenal games. The only 'notable' XBox exclusives for me are Alan Wake and the Halo series. Mass Effect as well if you don't have a PC. If you are into driving games, get the Xbox though. Forza 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GT5

I have both and I love both the same. The move is also much better than Kinect in my opinion, if you are looking into casual gaming. I dunno man. If I had the money, I would still get a PS3 first, then an Xbox later down the line.

Cheers Jericho but mainly just looking for casual with online experience in sports games although I may try COD eventually to see what all hype is about

Well PS3 multiplayer is free, but then again, with the XBox, you get what you pay for. A Better multiplayer experience. Just play muted. The kids on XBox Live are ridiculous.

If you like racing games go for the PS3 cos the Xbox has shite wheels. If you don't mind playing on a pad go for Xbox

Cheers guys and what's games like NBA or FIFA like on xbox. It sounds as though overall xbox is better value

A better description is a PS3 is an immensely powerful Bournemouth with untapped potential, but a pain in the backside to set up, use and keep up to date with various major software issues.

A 360 is a games console which plays all the same games without needing to be nursed more then a premature baby.

Fancy naming whats so hard to set up on a PS3? plugging in 2-3 cables.. or using the wifi? going to system update which is clearly labeled where it is.. I've got both consoles used pretty much the same ammount of time.. They are exactally the same difficutly wise to set up.. which ofc is insanly easy..

Personally I dont mind either.. Imo..

PS3 controller for sports games
360 controller for FPS
PS3 XMB > Xbox Dash
Blu-ray is a massive + point..
PS3 can stream from your PC too and run external HDD's (little longer to set up via Tversity for streaming etc but it works)
PS3 can upgrade to any 2.5" HDD not MS ones only..
Oh and a web browser on Ps3.. not great but usable and coems with BBC Iplayer link.

XBL is better than PSN though..

Personally do some reasearch into current and future exclusives and see what you like best then features you get then finally other features such as controllers as you get used to a controller over time.

Munstermuffin, trust me the PS3's not that bad, Bullitt can sometimes be a growly old sausage about things he doesn't like. You can chat with people playing the same game as you and personally I could do without discussing the weather and disco-dancing with people who are currently playing another game.

"Various major software issues". Nice sound-bite, but short on info really.

Halo>Killzone, that's just opinion really. I like Halo better than Killzone too, but would never say thats absolute as many people like the opposite.

Paying for online is crap. Xbox 360's charges either have just recently or are about to go up again. Also, Bullitt had a PS3 and I never saw him online playing anything that had a decent online set-up. Just that crappy online Little Big Planet had and never saw him boot up a FPS and I was online all the time. Things have continued to get better with PS3 online. Although I'd say that Xbox 360's service is significantly better, but it's like comparing a 7/10 service with a 9.5/10. It's up to your own choice if you want to pay for the difference.

Also, to munstermuffin, Rugby 2012 is on PS3 too. Which makes it odd of you to say that your getting a 360 because it's on 360.

Fancy naming whats so hard to set up on a PS3? plugging in 2-3 cables.. or using the wifi? going to system update which is clearly labeled where it is.. I've got both consoles used pretty much the same ammount of time.. They are exactally the same difficutly wise to set up.. which ofc is insanly easy..

Personally I dont mind either.. Imo..

PS3 controller for sports games
360 controller for FPS
PS3 XMB > Xbox Dash
Blu-ray is a massive + point..
PS3 can stream from your PC too and run external HDD's (little longer to set up via Tversity for streaming etc but it works)
PS3 can upgrade to any 2.5" HDD not MS ones only..
Oh and a web browser on Ps3.. not great but usable and coems with BBC Iplayer link.

XBL is better than PSN though..

Personally do some reasearch into current and future exclusives and see what you like best then features you get then finally other features such as controllers as you get used to a controller over time.

Now there's a balanced post. Please read that munstermuffin.

Latest posts