• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox360 or PS3

Paying for online is crap, and I love my 360 and haven't ever really considered getting a PS3 (apart from possibly for Little Big Planet :p )

Paying for online is crap, and I love my 360 and haven't ever really considered getting a PS3 (apart from possibly for Little Big Planet :p )

Too right and I'll even say that I'm not into holding that against the console itself. It's a separate issue and I don't like Playstation Plus either!

Increase in condescension? Not sure if you mean me, or if you mean the forum in general or the thread? That wasn't too clear sorry. :)

If it's me, I've changed how I react to people on here a little lately. I'm noticing those starting arguments or running down someone else's interests, teams, nations, hobbies or stating things as fact that clearly are opinion, are not really being contested on their viewpoint. I'd like to think that the person who initiates a negativity is the one responsible for the development of the situation. :)
Which causes the issue to go on and on and on... (And to be perfectly honest, it was aimed at both you and in general.) Maybe I have it wrong in my approach of ignoring what I think is an absurd statement, and only discussing civil posts, in the vain hope that it'll catch on. I could blame my typing difficulties which cause me to try and be as brief as possible for any unclearness, (and I am a bit ;)) but the truth is, I don't have the strength of character to fully contest anyone on anything. I'll make one post, then follow it up with some messy guilt ridden apology.

I feel XBL is worth the cost, especially in comparison to other things I might be spending on to pass the time. IF the PSN did everything the same for free, then I'd reconsider.

I've spent so long on that last sentence, I have now forgotten what my original point was.

I joined this forum to meet people I could play Rugby 2012 with, and if the rumoured Final Fantasy HD re-releases gets announced, I'll probably get a PS3, and I hope we could play eachother on either of the rugby games.

Here is a picture:
d20ff5c6-095a-4ba3-bb41-288d901decb8.jpg

Duckdee it'll be a pleasure to play you in Rugby 2012 :D
Munster vs Leicester yeah

Which causes the issue to go on and on and on... (And to be perfectly honest, it was aimed at both you and in general.) Maybe I have it wrong in my approach of ignoring what I think is an absurd statement, and only discussing civil posts, in the vain hope that it'll catch on.

No you don't have the wrong approach, just your own. Everyone has a different idea of how to handle online debates like this.

To be honest, I have on and off ignored a lot of stuff that got said to me about my interests, my views on things, the PS3 I own, you name it, but y'know I started to realise that no-one's pinning a shiny medal on my chest for being nice to people who stir and trying to be moderate.

What happens is there's sometimes a really blunt and dismissive attitude coming through from one or two where blanket negative statements are made about other peoples interests (whatever they may be). I sometimes jump to the defence on those issues, and then all of a sudden I'm the guy who's attitude is off. The thing is, it's easier to have words with someone like me, because I was the one defending an issue and am trying to reason down what I see as an unreasonable point of view. No-one has the ******** to say anything to the protagonist, because although this is the internet, this is also peoples leisure time and they don't wanna feel uncomfortable when that guy posts back at them.

Another thing to consider is when someone says things like "Paying for online is crap" that it's not meant to be offensive. I think paying my power bill is too. My views on this whole PS3/Xbox thing includes me saying many positive things about Xbox too. I just can't see them being put in quotations for some reason.

End of the day, I love civilised debate, and I don't mind disagreeing with people. I don't particularly like it when people say that their ideas or way, are exactly right. It's only their perspective. Like mine is my own. :)

Finally, I hope we get to play some Rugby 2012 sometime too! :)

Fro me its just about the games. Online is fine on PS3 although XBL is better to a small degree, but not by much. The only thing I would want added to PSN is cross game chat, which is the only thing I miss from Xbox.

The only two questions that need to be answered is 1) Which console does most of my friends own 2) Which Exclusives do you prefer.

My favorite game of all time apart from Rugby sims is Unchartered 2 online. For me problem solved.

Will do Duckdee and it 90% sure I'll go for Xbox 360 although the GF wants a PS3 because she likes games like Buzz :(

All xbox games have chat enabled – its not even an option or part of the games software
Xbox live parties, which is part of the xbox live experience, enables the user to join or create a chat room of up to 8 people I think
<O:p</O:p
You don't even have to playing the same game – its like a conference call between 8 people….they could be playing games, watching movies or just joining to have a chat with ya mates
For example, last week we had a party of 5 people, I was playing fifa, 2 of my mates were playing RDR, and the other 2 were playing CoD…we are all chatting to eachother with our headsets and playing our own games with the proper sound boosting from the surround sound, nobody else can hear your party

Were the two people playing CoD telling you and the other 2 RDR players to shut the **** up all the time?

All xbox games have chat enabled â€" its not even an option or part of the games software
Xbox live parties, which is part of the xbox live experience, enables the user to join or create a chat room of up to 8 people I think
You don’t even have to playing the same game â€" its like a conference call between 8 people….they could be playing games, watching movies or just joining to have a chat with ya mates
For example, last week we had a party of 5 people, I was playing fifa, 2 of my mates were playing RDR, and the other 2 were playing CoD…we are all chatting to eachother with our headsets and playing our own games with the proper sound boosting from the surround sound, nobody else can hear your party

Now that's really cool and a good point which the PS3 needs. :)

Were the two people playing CoD telling you and the other 2 RDR players to shut the **** up all the time?

Yes
But I am used to it now, it seems my random yet within consistant timeframes of yelling GOOOOOAAAALLL DIDIER DROGBA makes others in the chat room a little on edge, as they are dodging bullets

Will do Duckdee and it 90% sure I'll go for Xbox 360 although the GF wants a PS3 because she likes games like Buzz :(

Jesus ...demanding one isn't she ? Whatever happened to women who would be satisfied by a new apron or a top of the line ironing board?

Latest posts