• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your top 10 albums of all time?

Surprised to see so many people choose a Muse album that isn't Showbiz. Their first and imo easily their best. It could sneak into my top 10 instead of either The Spill Canvas or Brand New.

1. Welcome to Sky Valley - Kyuss
31IOagUjfmL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

2. Nightfall in Middle Earth - Blind Guardian
0004518,nightfall-in-middle-earth.jpg

3. Master of Puppets - Metallica
51-LaKrW0gL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

4. Rust in Peace - Megadeth
51EHW7gUpjL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

5. Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
0000277,appetite-for-destruction.jpg

6. Ride the Lightning - Metallica
metallica2.jpg

7. Generator - Bad Religion
generator.jpg

8. South of Heaven - Slayer
nick.jpg

9. Ten - Pearl Jam
PearlJam-Ten.jpg

10. Imaginations from the Other Side - Blind Guardian
nick.jpg

That was tough! I had to leave out some great albums.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 23 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Surprised to see so many people choose a Muse album that isn't Showbiz. Their first and imo easily their best. It could sneak into my top 10 instead of either The Spill Canvas or Brand New.[/b]

I'm surprised that anyone would pick a Brand New album that isn't the Devil and God is Raging Inside Me.

Origin of Symmetry is loads better than Showbiz boyo!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 23 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Surprised to see so many people choose a Muse album that isn't Showbiz. Their first and imo easily their best. It could sneak into my top 10 instead of either The Spill Canvas or Brand New.[/b]

I'm surprised that anyone would pick a Brand New album that isn't the Devil and God is Raging Inside Me.

[/b][/quote]
Fair enough :p . Haven't really listened to The Devil And God Is Raging Inside Me much. Didn't really capture me like Deja Entendu. Deja Entendu also has the song ' Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't', which I love. Great lyrics imo, different to almost anything else.

Listened to Origin Of Symmetry soo much when it was released, then later discovered Showbiz. I now find songs like Plug In Baby and the entire Origin Of Symmetry album a little too popy and their later stuff a little too samey, with the high pitch voice used in every song in a very similar way. Still love the song Feeling Good though (good cover). My favourite Muse song is either Sunburn or Muscle Museum from the Showbiz album.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 23 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 23 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Fair enough :p . Haven't really listened to The Devil And God Is Raging Inside Me much. Didn't really capture me like Deja Entendu. Deja Entendu also has the song ' Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't', which I love. Great lyrics imo, different to almost anything else.

Listened to Origin Of Symmetry soo much when it was released, then later discovered Showbiz. I now find songs like Plug In Baby and the entire Origin Of Symmetry album a little too popy and their later stuff a little too samey, with the high pitch voice used in every song in a very similar way. Still love the song Feeling Good though (good cover). My favourite Muse song is either Sunburn or Muscle Museum from the Showbiz album.
[/b][/quote]

The song that got me into Brand New is this one, it was on an NHL game on the xbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJIc9USE2U

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 23 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 23 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The song that got me into Brand New is this one, it was on an NHL game on the xbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJIc9USE2U

[/b][/quote]

That's from Deja Entendu, catchy tune.

Just think Devil and God has a more matured sound and doesn't rely as much on catchy hooks.

What I think Muse lost in the later albums was trying to be too BIG, especially in the new one where they try to sound all fancy with big orchestra things when really they were at their best musically when they just used the piano. i.e Space Dementia and New Born. Sunburn et al.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's from Deja Entendu, catchy tune.

Just think Devil and God has a more matured sound and doesn't rely as much on catchy hooks.

What I think Muse lost in the later albums was trying to be too BIG, especially in the new one where they try to sound all fancy with big orchestra things when really they were at their best musically when they just used the piano. i.e Space Dementia and New Born. Sunburn et al.[/b]

Agree about the more matured sound in the Devil and God, however I think that's one of the reasons I don't like it as much. I personally thought that Deja Entendu had a very unique sound which has been kinda lost in the Devil and God. They now sound a lot like many other bands out there, still very good, but not particularily unique.

I'm a huge fan of the piano. It's an instument I really want to learn (seeing my brother learn how to play in just a couple of months is sickening! He's also self tought on the guitar.), however at the beggining of secondry school I chose the drums, which I still love to play. I'm not the biggest fan of classical piano, but instead love to hear it used in conjunction with guitars and drums etc. Modern punk uses it heavily (such as somethign corporate etc.) and although I'm sure it's by no means everyones taste, I simply love the stuff.

This might sound sillly, but the Grey Album.

Actually, the Marshall Mathers EP was epic in its day too.

HI!!
Here are mine.
Minute to Midnight by Linkin Park.
Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park.
Escape by Enrique.
Freedom by Akon.
The Corrs by Corrs.

I am sorry I don't remember any more.

Some of these lists make me think the last rocket to land from the moon to earth landed quite recently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (beulahkilborn781 @ Dec 12 2009, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HI!!
Here are mine.
Minute to Midnight by Linkin Park.
Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park.
Escape by Enrique.
Freedom by Akon.
The Corrs by Corrs.

I am sorry I don't remember any more.[/b]
I never thought I'd see the day when The Corrs would populate the same list as Akon but here we are

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some of these lists make me think the last rocket to land from the moon to earth landed quite recently.[/b]
Old music is the best music. What can I say.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 12 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of these lists make me think the last rocket to land from the moon to earth landed quite recently.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Quite, Speedy. I don't think I've heard a song in the last 2 years that has been of note.
Give me Fleetwood Mac any day.

1. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan
album_Bob-Dylan-The-Freewheelin-Bob-Dylan.jpg

2. OK Computer - Radiohead
51Mi2icX2OL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

3. Definitely Maybe - Oasis
18024.jpg

4. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
sgt_peppers_300x300.jpg

5. I'm Wide Awake, it's Morning - Bright Eyes
51dl41joSfL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

6. Blonde on Blonde - Bob Dylan
51glkxbSL6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

7. (What's The Story) Morning Glory?
35.jpg

8. Nimrod - Green Day
280px-Nimrod.jpg

9. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys
34gufcj.jpg

10. Urban Hymns - The Verve
61bxpzhWqFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 12 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Quite, Speedy. I don't think I've heard a song in the last 2 years that has been of note.
[/b][/quote]

listen harder. Every year since the popularisation of music has produced a huge variety of awesome sounds. All you have to do is browse the internet and talk to people; don't listen to the charts to find them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 13 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 12 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 12 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

listen harder. Every year since the popularisation of music has produced a huge variety of awesome sounds. All you have to do is browse the internet and talk to people; don't listen to the charts to find them.
[/b][/quote]
That's my problem I think. Since uni my tastes have been diluted because the new people around me only listen to chart ********. Back in school/college I had a greater access to a much wider variety of musical genres, and how I miss it!!

Latest posts