• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your worries...

"Easily on a par with the replay angles from World Championship Rugby, if not better!!! Damn, I was enjoying playing so much, I forgot I should've left them on..."

Yeh i always like the replay from WCR, but from i've read of your reply...oooohhh i just can wait.

3) locks the R2005 player; why did you not score that try against England (37mb video), kicking while under the posts - what were ye thinkin?

<
Erm.... I actually thought I was playing NRL and pushed SQUARE instead of X to dive! Instead, and embarrassingly caught on video, I put a bomb up... Good job you couldn't hear what words I used when that happened!!!!
<
[/quote]
now... forgive me if I'm wrong... and I don't wanna ask too many questions (waiting for the new vid to download before I head to bed!)... but you mentioned in the preview in regards to kicking controls that all 4 action buttons (tri, sqr, O, X) give you a kicking option...

in the quote above you've also mentioned that you dive to score a try using X, and also mention that you can take a ball from a scrum/ruck without passing by holding X... but would this not initiate one of the kicks? - is there some sort of modifier button to be held at the same time (e.g. L2) that offers you a different action when pressing X?

I apologise if this is a dumbass question (and the more I reread it the more dumb it sounds) but I just can't figure it out in my head... I've blotted the previous games efforts at controls out of my head so I can no longer remem what they used even!!!

(getting R2001 again to practice with tho)

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 28 2005, 01:00 PM
You know what? I can't actually recall having a penalty given to me! So I can't let you know! It didn't happen today either! The AI got plenty of penalties, mostly for offside against me.

To be honest with you, I'm not really into that part of rugby union, so I just tried to get them over with ASAP! You can wheel them, but I just pushed and won the ball cos I wanted to play the open passing game! Sorry!

It's definately a grower! When I first played it, I thought it was about a "6". Then it went up to around an "8". Now however, I'd give it a huge double thumbs up and a scorching "9 out of 10".... don't forget, it was only the demo, so if that's a 9/10, what's the full game going to be?
- cheers

- cheers again, not my style of play either but may be an option worth using if I decide to play the full game with a team with mediocre backs and a strong pack (Romania to the World Cup anyone?) would offer extre "depth" and strategy just

- now that is great news... I would have been happy with a 6, excited with 7, ecstatic with an 8, a 9... anything else is just silver lining, come on march get here now!

right I'm off to my pit for the night... oiche mhaith!

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 28 2005, 01:33 PM
Well Time for me to turn in for the night!

Goodnight all
Goodnight.

But I'm sure they'll be plenty of stuff here for you tomorrow.

Like scrums.

Your newest video won't play properly on my computer, so have you had any scrums? And how do they work (is it fluid)? I'm guessing there's not much chance to steal a scrum with the likes of Eng v Aus . . .

Can u offload a short pass from a ruck to an awaiting forward to smash it over the advantage line?

And how easy is it to return a kick back with the fullback say a two on one can you be like cullen and step your way out of trouble?

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 28 2005, 12:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 28 2005, 12:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 28 2005, 11:54 AM
Locks, again, cheers for everything.

1. Rucks (and Mauls): How do they feel/work (is there more to it than adding players with the x button) and how do you feel about them?

2. Set Plays: How much does the computer take over when initiating them?  When do you take control again?

3. Kicking for touch and into space: Couldn't really see the shadow of the ball in flight, so how accurate does kicking feel in this game?  Any '04 bounces of the ball?
1. Rucks (and Mauls): How do they feel/work (is there more to it than adding players with the x button) and how do you feel about them?

I think they work great! Tap X to put men in, get there quicker, you win! Nice and simple! I think they're a very good part of the game without bogging it down!

2. Set Plays: How much does the computer take over when initiating them? When do you take control again?

You just tap up, down, left, right on the D-pad when you've won the ruck! The backline then gets into position for the play you've chosen! When you pass the ball, it's all you controlling it! You've just got to time the passes right and watch the right runners! It's good!

3. Kicking for touch and into space: Couldn't really see the shadow of the ball in flight, so how accurate does kicking feel in this game? Any '04 bounces of the ball?

Kicking is vastly improved to both 2001 and the dismal 2004! It's more on a line with lomu. Very workable! A lot better all round! [/b]
No offense locks but could it be that you are not that bothered by the rucks because of your, favortism to league. A true union player likes to do some battle in the rucks, otherwise it is to similar to league, I do enjoy league aswell but we got sidhe for that right.
<
Give us some more ruck control please at least some form of a push , like what shows up for the mauls, well thanks for the coverage locks, you are doing it again a year later, thanks.
Cheers and Salu
PS. Can it be that it is on easy difficult in the demo and they are made more simple??? The Rucks.

ok ima jonah freak...i loved the game...
1.how smooth is it compared to lomu like runnin in open play and opening the outside backs?
2.whats the defensive lines like both for user controlled and ai?
3.how fast are the players?are they accurate?...are the forwards super slow like in wcr?...whatta bout the wingers tuquri/sailor are they portrayed accurately and can the forwards kick like backs like in wcr..?

cheers
<

Well in the 37mb vid, you can clearly see backs are faster than forwards (mortlocks break right at the end).

Good to see the Aussie Defence from the 27Mb footage.

Anyways, i wanna see Matt Giteau's Bomb in Tiquiri's side to score the try.

lox, can you list all the setplays you've come across in the demo and what situations are needed to call them. Thanks

My main worry is the quality of the AI's attack.

Usually increasing the difficulty level in rugby games simply results in the defensive getting better - would be good to play a game and expect to have points scored against.

I realise you only played the demo, presumably on Normal - but did the AI actually use overlaps / make breaks etc ?

Lox , is the gameplay more like a real game of union where you bash it up for 2 or 3 phases etc then spin it wide, unlike R2004 , and are the forwards able to cover unlike WCR where they are all about as fast as big Jase Leonard ?? Also is the scrum nice and simple without any button bashing ? Lastly are the player animation OK ?

Cheers

Locks mate, do you know if they will have correct feild markings this time around? I know in the NH feild markings are rare, but in the Super 12, TriNations etc we have them in spades and not having them would take away from the realism...

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 29 2005, 09:14 AM
Locks mate, do you know if they will have correct feild markings this time around? I know in the NH feild markings are rare, but in the Super 12, TriNations etc we have them in spades and not having them would take away from the realism...
Spades?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Anyways, i wanna see Matt Giteau's Bomb in Tiquiri's side to score the try.[/b]
You could do that in R2004.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 28 2005, 06:33 PM
Well in the 37mb vid, you can clearly see backs are faster than forwards (mortlocks break right at the end).
havent seen the vid....wasting my time downloading...im gonna buy it anywayz just want to know wat to expect and what not to....im expecting a better game then lomu,wcr,sjrl az what lox has said

lol, they still have the 'going down on the ball' animation, but only for rucks! still looks odd

Hi Locksley.

How good are the hand offs and are they more affective with stronger players

Latest posts