• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your worries...

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 29 2005, 09:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 29 2005, 09:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 29 2005, 09:14 AM
Locks mate, do you know if they will have correct feild markings this time around? I know in the NH feild markings are rare, but in the Super 12, TriNations etc we have them in spades and not having them would take away from the realism...
Spades?

[/b]
Having them in spades, meaning we have tonnes of feild markings during the Super 12 and Tri Nations... In the Super 12 in Australia we have the big S12 logo and usually sponsors etc aswell all painted on in certain spots...

Oh yeah. It would be good to see all those field markings. They have the rights to the Super 12 so why not whack it on.

hey locks...
just a question which i had asked in another forum but i cant remember which one..

1. How up to date are the teams?
2. Are the starting lineups correct?
3. i dont really hav a 3rd question... cant seem to think of one.. i'll save it for later...

How crappy does the goal kicks look! in terms of ball flight - wheres the spinnin of the ball, thats just a pure floater!

Yeh i do hope they can change how the ball spins realistically in flight, as well as the referees being present

i think putting the referee in the game wud be the last thing on their mind... wuts everyone's obsession with the referee? is it just for making it that much more realistic?

STOP WORRYING EVERYONE!
ITS ONLY A DEMO...CALM DOWN! I THINK ITS GONNA MAKE PAR WITH 2004 DON'T YOU??? JEEZ!

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Jan 30 2005, 05:51 PM
How do you know the demo was made in September 04?
One of the sites hosters Umosay told everyone on a thread

Hey Locks....I know it is only 10 in the morning on your side of the world but I am really curious about the "missed tackles" aspect.

If you push tackle (especially the dive one) and you are well out of range, will the programme activate the tackle animation and make you dive to the ground? I think missed tackles are a crucial part of the game (refer to JLR)

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jan 30 2005, 10:07 PM
Hey Locks....I know it is only 10 in the morning on your side of the world but I am really curious about the "missed tackles" aspect.

If you push tackle (especially the dive one) and you are well out of range, will the programme activate the tackle animation and make you dive to the ground? I think missed tackles are a crucial part of the game (refer to JLR)
Yep, its shown in one of the new vids. He rushes up and is no where near anyone and does a dive tackle

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 30 2005, 09:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 30 2005, 09:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Jan 30 2005, 10:07 PM

If you push tackle (especially the dive one) and you are well out of range, will the programme activate the tackle animation and make you dive to the ground?  I think missed tackles are a crucial part of the game (refer to JLR)
Yep, its shown in one of the new vids. He rushes up and is no where near anyone and does a dive tackle [/b]
Thanks umosay for being so observant....I love you!
<

Which video was that?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jan 31 2005, 09:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 31 2005, 09:41 AM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 30 2005, 09:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Jan 30 2005, 10:07 PM

If you push tackle (especially the dive one) and you are well out of range, will the programme activate the tackle animation and make you dive to the ground?  I think missed tackles are a crucial part of the game (refer to JLR)

Yep, its shown in one of the new vids. He rushes up and is no where near anyone and does a dive tackle
Thanks umosay for being so observant....I love you!
<

Which video was that? [/b]
The 'im with you' one, he rushes up and goes right past them all and does a lovely diving tackle to the grass

i totally laughed out loud wen he ran rite past!

i thought a big hit was gonna come but he ran rite past..."i juss came to say hello"....lol

I have a worry..........these vids are all class in most things but:

It does appear as tho locks can thro passes "WILLY NILLY" styles, and pass to anyone in a panic, when obviously in real life frantic passing can lead to knocks ons etc.

In 2001, you could run left, then pass right, and run right, then pass left, and run left again, wrongfooting the defence...going diagonals up the field.

Is this evident in 2005, as by the looks of things 100% of passes find a man one way or another, no matter how bad the pass is.

I dont want an offensive onslaught of passing at different angles all the time...I want real rugby, will phases and drives,hit-ups and tactical lead-up to tries.

Latest posts