• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2 Different Springboks Teams

Seems weird, the SA team is not what it used to be and has now lost to Japan and Italy. How they think they can put out 2 competing teams is beyond me. NZ will annihilate whatever they put out and I'd think the Aussies could too. Up north, all NH teams have started beating SA before being split, they will likely beat a weakened team even more easily.

i hope we get to play the better side

I think the phrasing is a bit wrong.

What Jurie Roux was trying to say, is that because we will have a whole host of players playing in the NH (which we already have for the past 15 years) and in the SH, we will now be able to do selections better based on where the Springboks play. Some players perform better in NH conditions, while others vice versa in the SH. Then you get your stars who perform no matter the conditions.

I think an example to use is perhaps to use Morne Steyn and Elton Jantjies. With the NH conditions, Morne Steyn will do better as he will be able to control the game with his tactical kicking, and kick at goal, while Elton will do better in the SH with speeding up play and fancy footwork.

Latest posts