• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2006 Fifa World Cup

Lol... The All Whites have the All Blacks logo. I know that they are both very similar, but I am 99% certain that they just used the All Blacks logo from Rugby 06 and replaced the words "All Blacks" with "New Zealand"

....Or just got rid of the bottom from the NZRU/Allblacks logo.

Originally posted by kaftka@May 23 2006, 05:05 PM
Lol... The All Whites have the All Blacks logo. I know that they are both very similar, but I am 99% certain that they just used the All Blacks logo from Rugby 06 and replaced the words "All Blacks" with "New Zealand"

Kaftka.....why are you a Brumbies supporter?

Originally posted by kaftka@May 23 2006, 05:05 PM

Useless info - won a world cup with the all whites the other day

... who cares.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 23 2006, 04:14 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@May 23 2006, 02:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 23 2006, 12:52 AM
Does Fifa06 on XBox360 have the ball control button (when activated) making the attacker by default face his opponent?  I noticed on Fifa World cup on xbox that when the control button was activatd that the attacker hld wahtever position he was facing rather than automatically face forward....unlike the earlier Fifa2006.........it seemed like a step backwards with this aspect.

I dont think it does GG

I have never used it - but they do have the R3 flick in which ur 1st time touch goes in that direction u flicked...but the ball goes a fair way when using that - could be the control stat of the player i used, but i never really use it anyway

I am England now in the WC

Man Gerrard and Rooney are machines - scoring atleast once per match outside the box - GERRARD SPECIALS!!!

:bravo:
Man you gotta use it...the R1 button on PS2 or similarly XBox360 (black button on xbox). Really takes you to another level with ball control. Especially in Multiplayer when you do the step back drag with it (running one way with some defender coming across at you.....hold the ball control buton down and step back the other way....WOW WHAT A STEP!!!!)

...as well as all the other tricks that come with it....right stick combos with ball control button held down.

....what about sliding to the side with the ball control button before releasing it and turboing ahead???? Much better as a side movement than the normal right stick side step.

...also you can hover in strafe mode from side to side till you feel our opponent has gone the wrong way.....then release and run the other way!!!!!

....but the best thing I like about this button is the way it looks....rather than the normal control of facing a direction to move there....now you can face your opponent and move in all eight directions while doing so......looks soooooooo professional!!!!!! [/b]
the R1 shoulder button on Xbox360 does put the ball on a string to your feet

i havent used it much really.

but after ur advice i gotto try this.........coz beating players one on one is proving a challenge, and prolly half the reason why i cant get all of the challenges.

its proving to be the type of game that u gotto experiment alot to get what ur after

but unlike pro evo, its not as fun getting it wrong, coz u cant figure out why - in pro evo u know what mistake u made, and acan rectify in a few goes.

i have only just figured out the free kicks in fifa.............jesus was that a learning curve..........and in PES i land approx 20% of them (not bragging just emphasising how weird the FIFA free kick dynamics are).

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 23 2006, 05:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@May 23 2006, 05:05 PM

Kaftka.....why are you a Brumbies supporter? [/b]
Why are you a Crusaders supporter? Oh snap.

But no, I'm not a Brumbies supporter at all.

Here we go......the Pro vs Fifa debate again.

...well I finally played Pro number five....and I was overly underwhelmed.

The only thing that stops Fifa2006 from being the current perfect football game is the 8 way direction instead of total analogue....once that comes in.....Fifa will be soooo close to real life.

...Ak.....try Broadcast view/Zoom nil/ Height full on a widescreen TV.

Latest posts