• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Bad news

Matt Kvesic is out

Good news

Billy Vunipola is in.

6. Sisi 7. Nutley 8. Vunipola/Clifford 20. Clifford/Vunipola pls

That'd f**k a few people right up.

Aye, Billy Vunipola will send a few players crying back to their Mums by the end of the tournament, he's an absolute unit.

Is this Liam Gil any use seen him for the reds a few times and the commentators have said hes a great prospect but he seems anonymous to me.

Dunno if you watched Reds vs Chiefs today but he was fantastic. He absolutely destroyed the Chiefs at the breakdown. And this is coming from a Kiwi.

I read earlier today that Michael Fatialofa wasn't included due to breaking his wrist, so that explains his absence. It is a bit of a shame; he would have been useful against the huge (and experienced) forward pack the South Africans have.

Team to face Japan tomorrow at St. Helens.

Tom Prydie (Ospreys / London Wasps); Harry Robinson (Blues), Jack Dixon (Dragons), Owen Williams (Scarlets), Luke Morgan (Ospreys); Sam Davies (Ospreys), Jonathan Evans (Dragons); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Kirby Myhill (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (capt, Blues), Matthew Screech (Blues), Luke Hamilton (Blues), Daniel Thomas (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys)

Replacements: Darran Harris (Blues), Jamie Sollis (Dragons), Gareth Thomas (Carmarthen Quins), WillGriff John (Blues), Rhodri Hughes (Ospreys), Jack Jones (Ospreys), Reuben Tucker (Ospreys), Ieuan Jones (Dragons), Ellis Jenkins (Blues), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), Matthew Morgan (Ospreys), Thomas Pascoe (Blues), Cory Allen (Blues), Iolo Evans (Scarlets), Ross Jones (Ospreys)

Effin' rapid back three! Just need Nipper in at 10, but good side.

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/22270.php?ref=nf

That said, Harry Robinson's been withdrawn from the World Championship squad, as he's going to be with the full Wales team. Does look an exciting team tomorrow, though. Already a huge improvement on the Six Nations team.

Cory Allen is likely to be his replacement from what I have heard / gathered.

Cory Allen on the wing? He was a fullback for the U18's.
I suppose we will see Owen Williams and Jack Dixon tried at inside centre.
Whatever happened to the other Owen Williams who played inside centre last year? I know he was with the sevens recently, bound to be a better midfield option for the Blues than Gavin Evans.

Allen was dire at centre during the U20s 6 Nation for Wales, so its a possibility.

Ye one or twice but he has really poor throughout the Championships, granted he's 19 but he not great.

Is this Liam Gil any use seen him for the reds a few times and the commentators have said hes a great prospect but he seems anonymous to me.

Is he a great prospect??
He will push David Pocock for the Aussie number 7 jersey in ...ummm... 2 years probably. Yes, David Pocock.
He is absolutely brilliant! One of the best out-and-out opensides in the world already. He'd walk into any 6 nations 1st XV (except Wales, he'd just knock Tipuric off the bench at first, he'd take Warburton's shirt after about two years as well). Never underestimate the importance of a proper jackling seven mate. That's why we (the Northern Hemisphere) are so far behind NZ, Oz and SA.

Ye one or twice but he has really poor throughout the Championships, granted he's 19 but he not great.
Agreed. It took Jamie Roberts some time to really fit in at inside centre after moving from fullback.
I'd much rather have a new, young fullback over a centre, if I had the choice. Outside centre is tricky right now, there is that young lad who plays from us from Aberystwyth who didn't look bad at all. The other (I cannot recall his name) seemed a bit slow.

Luke Williams? He's been training with the U20s and is apparently on the reserve list.

That's the one.
Like the look of him, might see a bit more of him next season, depending on Adam Hughes' form.

How come the child the have at full back in Newport isn't in the squad? Surely a lad of his age getting regular Pro 12 rugby would have been good enough for the 20's?

How come the child the have at full back in Newport isn't in the squad? Surely a lad of his age getting regular Pro 12 rugby would have been good enough for the 20's?
Not sure, Davey has hinted that he is off to Cambridge soon, so could be done with us.

Is he a great prospect??
He will push David Pocock for the Aussie number 7 jersey in ...ummm... 2 years probably. Yes, David Pocock.
He is absolutely brilliant! One of the best out-and-out opensides in the world already. He'd walk into any 6 nations 1st XV (except Wales, he'd just knock Tipuric off the bench at first, he'd take Warburton's shirt after about two years as well). Never underestimate the importance of a proper jackling seven mate. That's why we (the Northern Hemisphere) are so far behind NZ, Oz and SA.

You have overrated Liam Gill quite a bit, I've watched him play and played against him when he was playing Junior rugby at Sunnybank. He's an unbelievable fetcher and no doubt will be one of the best ever but that's all because of his technique and instinct. He has no physical dominance and up against a team that puts emphasis on putting players at the rucks (ie. Northern Hemisphere nations) he will have no standing. He isn't much of a runner and is a decent tackler. Most of his pilfers come from this technique where he will be side by side with the man who will make the tackle and instead of joining the tackle will wait till the player is tackled and strike for the ball.

Dunno if you watched Reds vs Chiefs today but he was fantastic. He absolutely destroyed the Chiefs at the breakdown. And this is coming from a Kiwi.

I read earlier today that Michael Fatialofa wasn't included due to breaking his wrist, so that explains his absence. It is a bit of a shame; he would have been useful against the huge (and experienced) forward pack the South Africans have.

Yeah saw it he was awesome

Is he a great prospect??
He will push David Pocock for the Aussie number 7 jersey in ...ummm... 2 years probably. Yes, David Pocock

Pocock trains harder than any player in this country, and will probably be Wallabies captain within 2 years. So I think a more realistic scenario would be Gill playing #6. Maybe Gill/Pocock are the next Smith/Waugh combo ;)

You have overrated Liam Gill quite a bit, I've watched him play and played against him when he was playing Junior rugby at Sunnybank. He's an unbelievable fetcher and no doubt will be one of the best ever but that's all because of his technique and instinct. He has no physical dominance and up against a team that puts emphasis on putting players at the rucks (ie. Northern Hemisphere nations) he will have no standing. He isn't much of a runner and is a decent tackler. Most of his pilfers come from this technique where he will be side by side with the man who will make the tackle and instead of joining the tackle will wait till the player is tackled and strike for the ball.

jackie-chan-wtf.png

Latest posts