• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Italy vs Scotland (Round 3)

.I'm a fan of Cusiter's too, is he smoking pot in a wooden pipe there on your avatar ?

na it was a random but funny picture off him which i found on google images but i might just give him one in that picture :)

na it was a random but funny picture off him which i found on google images but i might just give him one in that picture :)

Also you could put a pirate hat on him as it looks like a perfect YAAAARGH! pose.

Also you could put a pirate hat on him as it looks like a perfect YAAAARGH! pose.

no man, it's Popeye: " *murmured gibberish*murmured gibberish*......agagagagagaga !"

what's this a thread for again ??..

Team announced for Italy game

Starting XV: Hogg; Seymour, Dunbar, Scott, Lamont; Weir, Laidlaw; Grant, Lawson, Low, R Gray, Hamilton, Wilson, Fusaro, Beattie

Bench: Ford, Dickinson, Cross, Swinson, Denton, Cusiter, Taylor, Evans

No Brown, Denton on bench. Don't know why Cusiter isn't starting
Hopefully the line out will be sorted but Italy have a big pack and I don't know how the front row are going to cope.

^ yeah I read they were dropping Denton. I really don't know what the hell they're trying in Scotland atm, but they sure could use at very least all their good players...
I think the Scottish staff are panicking or smt, they're picking weird, weird selections...

Drop Dave Denton.
Start Richie Gray.

Scott Johnson got any Italian blood in him....?

seriously, I'm all for tactics that look absurd on the outside but really the selector knows exactly what he's doing and it turns out his plans worked and as mere viewers we get a lesson handed to us and all......but what the fk is the possible benefit from dropping David Denton here ?!! He's been one of the only bright spots for Scotland, carrying like a bull, almost scored that try with 4 Irishmen on his back...

seriously, I'm all for tactics that look absurd on the outside but really the selector knows exactly what he's doing and it turns out his plans worked and as mere viewers we get a lesson handed to us and all......but what the fk is the possible benefit from dropping David Denton here ?!! He's been one of the only bright spots for Scotland, carrying like a bull, almost scored that try with 4 Irishmen on his back...

That wooden spoon is Scotland's and noone can take that from them!

aww FOR F**K SAKE!!! SCOTT JOHNSTON IS AT IT AGAIN!!! DROPPING DAVID DENTON NO SITE OFF KELLY BROWN STILL!! but btw atleast Ross Ford is not starting and richie gray is back in the team so there is hope in my eyes

Dropping Denton makes no sense what so ever. He was the only forward giving us good crash balls. He might have not been great in other parts of the game. But that is why you have a 6 & 7 to fill out those holes.

SO STUPID. This is the 6 nations, no point to rest someone for another game. We need to try and win this. Kelly Brown should have been brought back. I am ok with Richie Gray being back in. But we might need to find a new Hard Lock. Jimmy is just not what he use to be.

That wooden spoon is Scotland's and noone can take that from them!

aaaaaaaaand sure enough the token English guy comes out of nowhere to deliver the acid sarcastic remark ! Long live clichés (and the fact that they're 100% real) !

Anyway, not like this is directly related to the Denton news, but I don't think Scotland can win this. As it was said before, Italy have found a fine form again (nothing like the last 6 months prior) and it's in Rome and they get to play their first game at home and they've got the big pack and some young backs have come alive and Scotland itself independently have looked nowhere near competitive so far...
Italy to edge it here, not too much doubt on my mind seeing both those teams play in the last two 6N weekends.

aaaaaaaaand sure enough the token English guy comes out of nowhere to deliver the acid sarcastic remark ! Long live clichés (and the fact that they're 100% real) !

Anyway, not like this is directly related to the Denton news, but I don't think Scotland can win this. As it was said before, Italy have found a fine form again (nothing like the last 6 months prior) and it's in Rome and they get to play their first game at home and they've got the big pack and some young backs have come alive and Scotland itself independently have looked nowhere near competitive so far...
Italy to edge it here, not too much doubt on my mind seeing both those teams play in the last two 6N weekends.

You love it really Ewis.

You love it really Ewis.

:lol:
well YEAH of course I love it ! Keep saying mean things about others so I can storm in and look like the good guy with self-righteous populist speeches and what not.

Not sure why Swinson's been dropped ahead of Hamilton. If it's for the lineout calling, bring in Jonny Gray! Annoyed to see Wilson still there - it's not really his fault that he's not a 6, but his playing really isn't helping our troubles in the pack. I'm a fan of Beattie, and would have been happy with him starting over Denton against Ireland, but I can't see what Denton's done to get dropped, or what Johnson's expecting Beattie to add. Our problem is that we haven't been competing for possession, or retaining our own, and Beattie isn't going to help any more than Denton there.

I know Johnson is DoR, but his selections as a coach are utterly baffling!

Johnson is a clown, everything he touches turns to rust and he is being promoted soon! Scottish rugby need to **** him off and quick.

To say the lads are in for a tough one is putting it mildly. If I remember right they haven't won in Rome since 2005 or 2006? And Italy showed something vaguely approaching rugby against Wales, while I hurled profanity, beer and, upon one occasion, my shoe at the screen watching Scotland. How is it that we've gone so far backward in one sodding year? Ross Ford has been sinking for a couple of years now, helped by the poor sod having to captain the squad when everyone else was injured (anyone think of a less suitable leader?) but the entire team failed to do the simplest things right like passing the ball to another bloke wearing the same colour.
At this point all we've got is individuals doing their best to have a go (Hogg, sometimes Denton, Lamont's unimaginative but cheerful willingness to run face first into much larger men) while everyone else stands about without a clue.

I'm Scottish. And therefore well practiced at seeing the positives in the latest disaster. But 2 matches in and even my particular brand of mindless optimism has been taken out back and shot. A wooden spoon is looking pretty inevitable at this point. Unless the boys can put together some kind of coherent strategy in Rome. At this point I'd settle for them actually playing some attacking rugby, and coming off the field having actually pressed the other side hard.

God I'm depressed...

To say the lads are in for a tough one is putting it mildly. If I remember right they haven't won in Rome since 2005 or 2006? And Italy showed something vaguely approaching rugby against Wales, while I hurled profanity, beer and, upon one occasion, my shoe at the screen watching Scotland. How is it that we've gone so far backward in one sodding year? Ross Ford has been sinking for a couple of years now, helped by the poor sod having to captain the squad when everyone else was injured (anyone think of a less suitable leader?) but the entire team failed to do the simplest things right like passing the ball to another bloke wearing the same colour.
At this point all we've got is individuals doing their best to have a go (Hogg, sometimes Denton, Lamont's unimaginative but cheerful willingness to run face first into much larger men) while everyone else stands about without a clue.

I'm Scottish. And therefore well practiced at seeing the positives in the latest disaster. But 2 matches in and even my particular brand of mindless optimism has been taken out back and shot. A wooden spoon is looking pretty inevitable at this point. Unless the boys can put together some kind of coherent strategy in Rome. At this point I'd settle for them actually playing some attacking rugby, and coming off the field having actually pressed the other side hard.

God I'm depressed...

:p
funny post !
The 'bad news' for me about Scotland is that they have the means and the material to get it done, but haven't done so. If they had gotten so bad that basically none of their players can compete individually with their counterparts from the other 6N squads, then they'd be sort of Tier 2 and we just couldn't expect or demand too much from them. But that's not the case: they had a fairly mixed 2013 but with some strong performances, and speaking of the Tier 2 thing they crushed Japan. They're very much deserving to be in this 6N on paper, but coaching/training must be at question here...
No point in being depressed about it though, don't spend yourself over it. I'm not teaching you anything if I say that when your team is playing bad just don't expect anything so that everything positive is bonus...

Personally, I think Scotland will get the Spoon. They're in the middle of trying to find rhythm and something simple enough that works they can cling onto, while Italy are starving for their first win in their first game at home this year, France will either be on the verge of achieving a Grand Slam if they beat Wales or will look for revenge if they lose, and Cardiff on the final weekend seems a little too big a task for Scotland.

Unless they can surprise Italy in Rome.....but I don't see France falling in Murrayfield, and Cardiff is the least likely for Scotland...
Just wait for Cotter to come over from Clermont and enjoy the wonders of having a NZ'er coach. Scotland should look competitive again, they have the players. Just look at how Ireland has turned around, ridiculous improvement.

Latest posts