• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Scotland vs France (Round 4)

I don't know about the structure, but they've got the guys on paper. A couple of huge wings with great pace, a very good FB and SH (and Cusiter too off the bench) and a good enough no.10, at least one good center (can't remember which one !...), guys like K.Brown, Denton, Beattie in the loose, Gray...the tight 3 might be a problem but they can manage I think if at least the rest works out.

A good coach makes anything into something nice, and with Scotland they have what it takes to compete at least at 6N level properly.
Perhaps, and this I have no clue but, perhaps more Scottish players should play in the Prem or in a more competitive environment ?

But there's no reason Scotland should lose 0-20 or 0-28 even at home. With what they've got on paper they should at least be able to compete with 6N level sides in Murrayfield.

There is definitely the tight 3 though which is a bit problematic, and here I speak without knowing but, the bench ?

Scotland have bigger problems than their starting 15 to be honest... 96 pro players in Scotland, and only 45 % of them qualify for Scotland. There is no youth system in place (yes that's being addressed with the rugby acadamies) but these will take years to develop.

Does anyone believe cotter isn't involved already? He takes over in 4 months, he must be having an input into the make up of the squad and the selection, he must be talking to johnson?

He's a brilliant coach, but there is an old adage that a coach is only as good as his players, and he's not inheriting a fantastic generation of players. he also doens't have the luxury of parachuting in the player she needs as he does at ASMC.

Fingers crossed he'll turn them around - a strong scotland is good for everyone. But he's got his work cut out for him.

Fingers crossed he'll turn them around - a strong scotland is good for everyone. But he's got his work cut out for him.

....you really are a peculiar rosbif, aren't you ?...;)
Yeah I know Scotland Rugby doesn't seem to be implementing what a serious team would (dunno about the youth system, infrastructures etc...), but they HAVE hired a new coach, and that's got to be a sign of life from them.
But that 96/45% stat is quite alarming...

Well I don't expect them to turn this around dramatically, and surely Scotland has a long way to get back on track IF they count on really doing that since their last truly competitive days in the 90's...but a solid coach is a great beginning.

....you really are a peculiar rosbif, aren't you ?...;)
Yeah I know Scotland Rugby doesn't seem to be implementing what a serious team would (dunno about the youth system, infrastructures etc...), but they HAVE hired a new coach, and that's got to be a sign of life from them.
But that 96/45% stat is quite alarming...

Well I don't expect them to turn this around dramatically, and surely Scotland has a long way to get back on track IF they count on really doing that since their last truly competitive days in the 90's...but a solid coach is a great beginning.

I blame it on living amongst the French for too long.:D

Nobody is making you stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go back to Blighty plenty of space over there and a lot less French to make you happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umadbro.jpg

very clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Serge would appreciate the Photo, funny how the truth often gets a bite!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame it on living amongst the French for too long.:D

:p

You're all over-reacting to gaston'sintentional hyperbolic style, it's pretty funny to read :D
He might not post a lot on the int'l forums so you may not be used to him yet, but he's not "mad" he just posts like that :p

Back to the topic now, if possible: Scotland France (or things around that).

Thomas Lièvremont (yes, Marc's brother..), a regular on a Rugby analysis show, said he was obviously disappointed in France's performance in Wales. It's funny because he said what we were all thinking, which sounds ridiculous now: that we thought it was the beginning of something good, and why not a GS at the end of it.

The craziest thing is it really could've been possible. France do have the talent to have squeezed out 5 victories. Wales was an off-game and we certainly have what it takes even in this current form to beat that Welsh side for sure, and then we had an affordable match in MF and then return home for Ireland where history would've been on our side.
But thank God that hasn't happened. It would've been a race won while tumbling. Never a good thing.

Hopefully this is an eye opener for even the blindest in France, especially upstairs where I'm guessing there's some sort of perhaps tacit or even all-out agreement with PSA and gang...where the pressure will be too great that there's just no covering for the guy anymore.
The more he stays, the more impossible that seems because time is running out and we're approaching the WC with giant steps and it'll seem radical to change coaches at the dawn of England 2015...yikes.

Parra won't be playing VS Scotland, yayyyyyy...
no Parra, no Nyanga, no Fofana, no Picamoles.....in addition to the myriad of past injuries....ouch. And with PSA in charge......hhmm...

At least he'll (Parra) be there against Ireland.

Last edited:
I think he's very lucky with a couple of weeks ban as he has already had one this season for punching, Slimani got 2 weeks for the smallest least dangerous head but i have ever seen (but there was intention) and he's been a relatively good boy for most of the season, me thinks there is a little skullduggery politics etc going on there, not sure if it had been a Montypellier player the sanction i think would have been much greater. Thats about par for the course in France.

he is somewhat lucky, I suppose we could concede that in light of past and recent offenses...but it would have been godamned ridiculous if he were to miss the finale against Ireland for having given the tiniest nudge of a "headbutt" to some idiot who tackled him illegally being off-side while trying to break his torso it seemed.

Parra won't be playing VS Scotland, yayyyyyy...
no Parra, no Nyanga, no Fofana, no Picamoles.....in addition to the myriad of past injuries....ouch. And with PSA in charge......hhmm...

At least he'll (Parra) be there against Ireland.
why isn't parra playing against scotland ?

so no parra, no dusautoir, no picamoles, no fofana wow i'll be surprised if scotland dont win

oh yeah that thing where it looked that parra didn't do anything and Ranger took no effect on it but parra still gets a red card ? so logical but i should be happy he isn't playing against scotland

I don't know about the structure, but they've got the guys on paper. A couple of huge wings with great pace, a very good FB and SH (and Cusiter too off the bench) and a good enough no.10, at least one good center (can't remember which one !...), guys like K.Brown, Denton, Beattie in the loose, Gray...the tight 3 might be a problem but they can manage I think if at least the rest works out.
would that be matt scott by any chance ?

but he isn't scotlands only good center after Alex Dumbar's huge and very impressive performance against italy i hope he continues this for the last two match especially when he have a huge chance off winning since france are missing most off they're key players

why isn't parra playing against scotland ?

so no parra, no dusautoir, no picamoles, no fofana wow i'll be surprised if scotland dont win

dude trust me. For decency (and too much repetition already)'s sake I won't lay it all out, but we're very injured. I might get the full list out if we lose though, don't worry ! :p

Latest posts