• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 America's Rugby Championship

Are there no Yanks on the board to cheer against us? I mean I'm 100% pro Canada but some banter is always nice.

Finally a score and Selects down a man. Did Dala get taken off WTF? Parfrey hurt that sucks. Daypuck actually playing fairly well since he's come on.

Looks like the changes are at least making Canada coherent, they now resemble a team playing rugby, though it's still all a little untidy and sloppy.

Well thats it for me. This backline is atrocious. The forwards will need a lot beer to forgive this one

Our backs are bad and they should feel bad...just like I do. Except Wilson-Ross. Kay has been garbage for most of the night.

Hamilton doing his best to hand Barkwill and Piffero the RWC squad spots behind Carpenter. Pathetic yellow card, coming in at the side so bad it looked like he was running in from the stands.

16-3 and I'm heading to bed. Ouch that one sucked, our backline was dreadful tonight. Front five held their own and loosies in first half played well.

Time to bring in boys from the 7's side for the Jaguars game.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go watch DTH highlights just to erase the play of our current set of Backs from my mind.

Canada lineup for the Jaguars game announced and it looks a heck of a lot better. Some of the combinations that were clearly not working have been dropped, as well players that were underperforming have been sent t sit on the pine. I like this backline a heck of a lot better than the Selects game.

Canada

1 - James Smith, (Shoalhaven RFC/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

2 - Ray Barkwill, (Niagara Wasps RFC/Ontario Blues) Niagara Falls, ON

3 - Doug Wooldridge, (Lindsay RFC/Ontario Blues) Lindsay, ON

4 - Aaron Flagg, (Abbotsford RFC/BC Bears) Abbotsford, BC

5 - Evan Olmstead, (Parametta Two Blues/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

6 - Kyle Gilmour, Captain (St. Albert RFC/Prairie Wolf Pack) St. Albert, AB

7 - Nanyak Dala (Castaway Wanderers/Prairie Wolf Pack) Regina, SK

8 - Seb Pearson, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

9 - Gordon McRorie, (Calgary Hornets/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

10 - Patrick Parfrey, (Swilers RFC/Atlantic Rock) St. Johns, NL

11 - Nick Blevins, (Calgary Hornets/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

12 - Derek Daypuck, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

13 – Jordan Wilson-Ross, (James Bay AA/Ontario Blues) Alliston, ON

14 – Sean Duke, (UVIC Vikes/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

15 - Sean Ferguson, (UBC Thunderbirds/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

Bench

16 - Ryan Hamilton, (Capilano RFC/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

17 - Pete Houlihan, (Edmonton Druids/Prairie Wolf Pack) Edmonton, AB

18 - Tom Dolezel, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

19 - Kyle Baillie, (Edmonton Druids/Atlantic Rock) Charlottetown, PEI

20 - Admir Cejvanovic (Burnaby Lake RFC/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

21 - Jamie Mackenzie, (UVIC Vikes/Ontario Blues) Oakville, ON

22 – Pat Kay, (UVIC Vikes/BC Bears) Duncan, BC

23 – Andrew Coe, (Markham Irish/Ontario Blues) Markham, ON

8-0 for the Selects over Uruguay at the half. Very similar to all of Uruguay's games at the ARC, they are bending but not breaking, they've definately been tenacious in defence and the set piece is going OK for them. That being said they have created nothing offensively and the United States have missed a few oppourtunities for points and this scoreline isn't really reflective of what the game has been.

Edit: Selects have come out firing after the half with two well worked tries, this one is 20-0 and looks to be a mere formality now.

Edit Edit: Selects got out to the bonus point try and won 30-5. Uruguay crossed the try line for the first time in the event right at the end in the final five minutes. They did a little better than I would have thought with so many first choice guys not around. Attacking wise they didn't do much though only averaging about 6-7 points a match isn't going to win you any games.

Last edited:
They were playing well leading up to that try, it was against the run of play.

Edit: Now Jags starting to take more control up 10-3.

13-9 for the Jaguars at half time, but I think the story is Canada's fightback tonight after two terrible games. The improved backline is a lot more reliable and some of the forwards a.k.a. Dala, Barkwill and Olmstead are playing like RWC jerseys are on the line, the heart, effort and passion is back in the first half.

Latest posts